[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about /bpd/, robots. I strongly suspect my ex had it.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1897.jpg (94KB, 960x924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1897.jpg
94KB, 960x924px
Tell me about /bpd/, robots. I strongly suspect my ex had it.
>>
speaking to professionals whom were there when the term Borderling Personality Disorder first entered common use, it was a catchall phrase indicating that the therapist couldn't really pinpoint a neurological defect or indentifiable neurosis, yet the clients would present with extreme behaviours that were most assurredly unhealthy for themselves and everyone around them... and it might even be said that persons diagnosed with B.P.D. weren't so much 'mad' as 'bad'

basically they're narcisistic egotists whom unlike the archetypal sociopath, can register emotions and even experience empathy, but choose not to
>>
>>35283549
That...actually makes a lot of sense. My ex was there for me in the sense of her holding me and stuff when I got emotional over her, however, suggesting some goodness.
>>
>>35283585
it's pretty common for BPD folks to create a lot of heightened emotion, blowing small problems way out of proportion and causing their intended victim to feel emotionally drained by constantly reassuring the BPD partner that their concerns can be taken care of

then once the BPD partner feels satisfied by the level of commitment displayed by their victim, they switch to playing the little girl lost who finally understands and believes what they are being told; nurturing a sense in the victim that they have been valuable, and fostering a co-dependency where the victim becomes addicted to being needed

this is a warping of the natural desire in men to nurture and protect women, the BPD partner exploiting it for the purposes of feeling a sense of power and control

and if you follow that through in it's logical course, you come to understand that someone who thrives on a sense of power and control is actually deeply insecure - yet unwilling to admit that their are some things that are beyond their control, they instead orchestrate events to a chaotic pitch, which at least they are at the centre of
>>
BPD is being reclassified as Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. It involves self-loathing, a compulsion to use and manipulate others, self-harm, promiscuity, often addiction. It involves both neurosis and psychosis. Fluctuations between extreme depression and extremely inflated ego, switching between without reason and usually not lasting more than three days (though chronic depression is likely, the extremes are short lived). There's no sense of identity and thus they're quite adaptive, the characters of others often bleeding into them. They may be a completely different person depending on company. Volatile emotions and explosive temper. Black and white thinking, and severe splitting - this means being extremely conflicted about decisions. This sometimes polarises to the extreme that dissociated identities are created in order to deal with the cognitive dissonance. Unable to really care about the emotions of others or feel love in the same way as others do. This is a combination of the DSMV definition and my own experience of the condition. I am male. I have hurt many people, but do not deny that me and others like me have a horrible life with extreme emotional pain all the time, the extent of which others are incapable of.
>>
>>35283903
Interestingly she'd always "snap out of it" and appear lucid enough to no longer need me (it got to the stage where I was drunk dialling her and literally telling her I wanted to look after her forever) at the last minute. Even after being discharged from the psych ward after some kind of suicide threat or attempt (and having hit her mother), she told me I had no need to worry. At times the dynamic totally flipped, with her being the sane, logical, almost motherly figure to me, because of the stress I was experiencing.
>>
mental illness shouldn't be an excuse for being shitty and abusive and never apologizing for it

"my disorder makes me treat you like shit and you'll feel like a terrible person because i want you to but i love u :33"
>>
>>35283903
This is accurate.

>>35283549
You make them sound far more deliberate, malicious and controlling than they are in reality.
There is a great variety of bdp, generally a bit of a catch all NOS-type diagnosis for the emotionally volatile that are not depressed, they are not necessarily deliberately theatrically emotional outbursts, control is a center piece but that doesn't mean necessarily mean they have it.

They do foster dependency and make you responsible for their emotional outbursts.
However, if you give in to this they will regard you as something of lesser worth and will be quick to trade you for someone else who does not give in to them, they will then repeat the cycle of emotional outbursts until the new person is eroded and gives in as well.

Bdp might range from what is essentially childlike emotional level of development or more manipulative but it lacks deliberate intent.
>>
>>35283032
What is the context of the OP pic?

On topic, I LOVE BPD girls.

Tfw I had a dream last night that a BPD girl texted me losing her shit that I wasn't texting her back.
>>
>>35284170
the switch is flipped when necessary, keeping the victim on tenterhooks, and therefore: under control

if they have a sense that they will need you in the near future, or if they feel there's sufficient chaos in other areas of their life, they can present as stable so as to keep you as a resource
>>
>>35284268
Peep Show, British sitcom, highly recommend.

Probably a few of the girls in it are subtly indicated as having an EUPD.
>>
>>35284361

I need 3D BPD senpai.
>>
>>35283032
attention seeker disorder
>>
The vast majority of people who claim they have BPD are self-diagnosed and use it as an excuse to be a cunt. What they often tend to be is privileged, immature individuals who use the diagnosis as some kind of character trait to make them more interesting.
>>
>>35283032

No BPD girls on R9K?
>>
>>35284707
I would think there's plenty considering how often bpd threads pop up on here
>>
>>35285180

>go to bpd tag on Tumblr to find gf
>they're all trans and use made up terms and shit

EVERY TIME
>>
>>35285260
>tumblr
I found your issue mate
>>
>>35285328

Where else would I find the BPD people?
>>
>>35285343
idk /soc/ probably
>>
>>35285343
Like half the fembots on /soc/ and /r9k/ are BPD
>>
i have BPD - clinically diagnosed, not to be confused with self-diagnosed SJW-tumbrina-dykes. if you have any questions, shoot
>>
>>35285429

You mean FP isn't a scientifically proven term??
>>
>>35283032
I have it. It sucks and I'm a total asshole.
>>
File: 1487256662457.jpg (92KB, 557x495px) Image search: [Google]
1487256662457.jpg
92KB, 557x495px
>>35284707
No but i am a BPD boy that drove his first love away by being awful and absuive.

He was also my best friend so i kinda lost on two fronts there lmao
>>
>>35284275
Can confirm, I do this knowingly and deliberately. I set out to make myself like the roots under a person's foundations: they feel that I'm holding the building up but if I leave, it will crumble.

>>35284565
Mine is official, from a psychiatrist who did a battery of tests.
>>
>>35285561
>Mine is official
Same. Yay. What's your treatment?
>>
>>35285612
Longterm group psychotherapy. It has helped me to make some better decisions, but it can be pretty tempestuous at times. There's a woman there who is a lot like my mum. She has issues with abusive men. Every week there are sparks. I look forward to triggering her desu. You?
>>
>>35285646
>Longterm group psychotherapy
Same. But waiting a long time because it's on the NHS. Have a mental health social worker I see every month or so and had a little CBT course.
>>
>>35285646
>>35285690
I'm assuming you are both male? What were your symptoms, did you present with typical BPD symptoms? Or were they filtered through masculinity if that makes sense?

Also, do you have particular cognitive symptoms? E.g. selective competence.
Not starting shit, genuinely curious.
>>
>>35285561

How long did you work with them before they gave you a diagnosis? Was your original involvement with a psychiatrist a result of a certain incident?
>>
>>35285690
Yeah. I was waiting years for it. I waited longer than I needed to though, because I initially opted off the list, thinking it was beneath me. Glad I joined eventually though. CBT is fairly shite, though some find it useful. Tried counselling but didn't get much out of it. Ring the Samaritans a lot when I'm drunk, often telling them elaborate stories and various lies just because I'm bored of my own story.

>>35285757
They say in men it leads to violent and uncontrollable rages, along with a hair-trigger temper and that fits me. It can flare up over nothing and be gone the next instant. This can lead to immediately regretted violence for example. I've blown up on my friends a number of times, people in shops, on buses, whatever.

When you say selective competence I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Surely people are better at some things than others. However, my memory is shot to pieces and I often block memories out (aside from fugue rages which have happened a couple of times).

>>35285794
I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist after years of fruitlessly working with counsellors who gave up on me/ didn't have the expertise to help me. Then after the diagnosis I was referred on to a psychotherapist. I also have a diagnosis of ASPD but that was done by an incompetent African GP on the strength of a half-hour chat when I was an edgy teen.
>>
>>35285841
>When you say selective competence I'm not exactly sure what you mean

>'Demonstrating different levels of intelligence, memory, resourcefulness, strength or competence depending on the situation or environment.'
>>
>>35285757
I had all the usual symptoms but it took a long time to get a proper diagnoses because of drug abuse. I havent had much of the anger that a lot of men seem to have, although I would rage in private and self-harm. Not sure about selective competence, it's really hard to know what's really me and what's my mask of bullshit desu.
>>
>>35285892
Oh, I see. Hmm. Yes, that probably applies. I can simultaneously be capable of teaching a full class and too stupid to do a minimum wage warehouse job, for example. My personality varies wildly as well. I've gone through everything from effeminate fuccboi to snarling sport chad, to haughty academic, to outgoing to hikkikomori weirdo. It's never static for long.
>>
>>35285915

Do you ever think that your drug abuse may have somewhat influenced your BPD?
>>
>>35286430
Not him but alcohol does some absolutely crazy things to me beyond what most people deal with. Psychotic episodes, dissociation, severe physical twitches, delirium, dissociative splitting, and just basically makes everything more extreme than usual.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.