[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get rid of my cognitive dissonance? I recognize what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1482686460828.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
1482686460828.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
How do I get rid of my cognitive dissonance?
I recognize what is right or wrong but I don't feel it.
For example I understand that there is nothing inherently wrong with being black or that wanting a virgin gf is completely unreasonable. But my subconscious is still racist and wants a pure virgin gf to own.

Am I just plain old stupid because logic literally doesn't dictate my actions?
How do I not be stupid?
I just want to be comfortable and happy damnit.
>>
>>35282213
You have too much free time. Find something to keep your mind busy with. Like a job.
>>
File: 1484160198289.png (364KB, 716x597px) Image search: [Google]
1484160198289.png
364KB, 716x597px
>>35282240
I can't work on a job. I have an internal conflict wherever I look.
For example I realize this may be good advice but I came up with a bullshit reason to deflect it because that's how I feel.
>>
>>35282213
as for the racism thing, thats just you assigning a thinking one thing is 'positive' and one 'negative' for example its pretty much a fact that on average caucasians have a higher iq than black people, just understand that its just that. its neither good nor bad it just is. the problem is you ascribing your own views on things that are just facts and aren't good or bad, strictly speaking. as for the virgin gf thing, there is nothing wrong there, but you have to be willing to accept that it is unlikely.
>>
>>35282213
Logic doesn't really dictate anyone's actions most of the time.
>>
File: IMG_5944.jpg (71KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5944.jpg
71KB, 525x503px
>>35282213
You weren't stupid in the first place OP. Personally I feel like you wishing for something that just isn't possible. The fact that you said you understand there's nothing inherently wrong with being black (and there isn't, black bot here), and that there's nothing wrong with wanting a virgin girlfriend is enough. You can't stop opposing thoughts from flooding your mind. It's just natural. Simply try to suppress them as best as you can and move forward in life. Life is way too short to be worrying about trivial things. Good luck, OP!!!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.