[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do your parents make Is your house nice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_3229.jpg (243KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3229.jpg
243KB, 960x1280px
How much do your parents make

Is your house nice
>>
My dad works in web/graphic design, my mother is a counsellor/CBT therapist but unemployed a lot. I think they do okay financially, better than before. Not wealthy by any stretch, but okay.

Our house is alright.
>>
My mother is on SSI and Section 8 so we live in a shitty 2 bedroom in the Bronx. I'm a leech of a leech but my mother is mentally ill and not that bright so she sort of has an excuse but I'm just a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>35281947
My mom gets money because she's unable to work, since she got hit by a car some 30 years ago. My father is already getting pension. They live in a shit tier house, the toilet flush doesn't work, there is a hole in the wall in which I used to live, they take a bath like once a week, in cold weather even less frequently.
>>
>>35282064
I want to live in NYC so bad. How do I be like your mom?
>>
>>35281947
My mom makes bank off child support. She has had a child every 9 months since she was 13, she's 34 now. She has 28 kids, the doctors are very surprised she hasn't had any miscarriages because her cervix is very loose.
>>
>>35282070
>there's a hole in the wall in which I used to live?

What?
>>
>>35281947
I don't know exact numbers. My dad is an electrical engineer with a lot of seniority so he makes six figures. My mom doesn't have to work, but she was a nurse about fifteen years ago.

Four bedroom, two car garage detached house in suburbs with a big backyard
>>
My parents are/always have been NEET
They were lucky get the house they own now, but the house needs a lot of work.
>>
>>35282159
ohh I meant there is a hole in the wall in the room in which I used to be. >>35282070
>>
my house is a pile of shit but it's in a white neighborhood in socal so it's worth like 700k now also my mom is a neet and my dad is dead so thats a neet too I guess
>>
Earns about 3k usd/month, rent is ~550 usd, lives alone and looks as shit as my place wich earns more than him. Papi 56 and I 26
>>
20000 between the 2 of them. Ive been struggling to help pay the bills since I was 18 in college. I barely got assistance in college too because I'm not black. I make 50k/yr but I still struggle to pay the bills and debt my parents have.
>>
Upper middle class - I don't know the exact numbers, but I would guess about 150000$.
They built a new house about 4 years ago which is very nice.
>>
I give my mom 4k every month. Her house is only nice because I fixed it up for her. I hate my mom.
>>
Dad made 350,000 k/yr
Mom made 30 k/yr
Both retired after I went to college
Our house was massive but 5 kids but they downsized after they retired. We also have 250 acres of land but no one is offering a fair price, 20 acres airable and 50 you could place a home on.
>>
>>35282070
ohh numbers, my mom gets about 200 usd a month for her illness and my dads pension is around 200 as well, a bit less.
>>
Dad was a preacher and a teacher so 40-50k a year max maybe?
Mom was a college professor part time so 40k-30k

We added on to the house over the years since I was born 20 years ago
It started as a small 3 bedroom house with a big kitchen and dining/living room now it has the following:

>a sunroom porch thing
>5 bedrooms
>A new living room
>an office
>An entertainment room (pool table, air hockey, consoles, tvs)
>a 4 car garage
>a two bedroom apartment type thing on top of the garage that I live in while in college
>a huge in ground swimming pool

I honestly don't know where the money comes from for this stuff
>>
>>35282469
probably they aren't paying taxes and pray on not getting it found out. so it will be your mess to solve later on
>>
>>35282531
nah I have seen my mother filing taxes and looked at the thing because I was curious about our income in highschool.
>>
>>35281947
I don't know just post more of this semen demon
>>
My dad is the president and my mom is super hot and fondles me all the time.
My house is always full of weird guys in suits though. At least I get to play Minecraft.
>>
>>35282469
what?
a preacher gets as much as a college professor?
>>
>>35282606
preaching at 5 churches plus his HS teacher salary, yeah.
>>
>>35281947
parents made a decent amount of money before the recession, now they make 40-50k a year combined and they both bust their asses almost daily at this point

house is 2 stories, nice, great neighborhood
but it's falling apart on the inside because of the cheat materials and there's roaches all over
>>
File: kL-GYcjM.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kL-GYcjM.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>35281947
3 bedroom house with 5 people living in it

I just want it to end already
>>
>>35281947
Where do I find more Velma shower set
>>
Dad makes $110k/year and mom makes $70k/year

Home owners (3 stories) with zero debt. They own their cars and house.

Nowadays they put a huge portion of their salary into their 401ks. My mom maxed hers out last year.

They've handled their money very well and take my sister and I on vacation once a year.
>>
>>35281947

>30k/y (Single Mommy)

It's ok. We live together, I take care of the "manly" home things because she's a small woman.

I pay a heavily discounted rent and bail her out when her spending habits get the better of her. I love her regardless and enjoy the time we have.
>>
>>35281947
My parents go from making an obscene amount of money, to being totally impoverished the next month. They're terrible with saving, but they seem to enjoy life for the most part.

They're both writers. Our house is big but kind of shit quality, around 2008 this area started building a bunch of "pseudo houses" in these big suburbs and selling them off for ~350000usd.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>35281947
My dad is an accountant who makes $116k a year and my mom has a new bracelet business from home that makes $1000 a month

On Long Island (NY) that doesn't get you shit. My house is 1 floor, 3bed 3bath house worth $340k. It's a cute house with a nice yard. Pic related are houses for sale in my area, these are all bad neighborhoods too.
>>
File: 1478329045481.jpg (8KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
1478329045481.jpg
8KB, 250x209px
>>35281947
>250k
>its ok, nothing special.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 640x784px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 640x784px
>>35283325
TOP KEK

Look at houses in Vermont senpai, you can be living it up over there
>>
>>35283414
Btw the house listed for $299k it got cut off
>>
>>35283414
Size of a house doesn't always make it more valuable, it's just more to clean and maintain.
>>
>>35282250
>I barely got assistance in college too because I'm not black
That's not how financial assistance works
>>
File: rsz_amigara.jpg (99KB, 350x368px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_amigara.jpg
99KB, 350x368px
>>35282070
>there is a hole in the wall in which I used to live
>>
>>35283477
>>>/tumblr

ggt
>>
>>35283414
I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to live in a huge house like that. Dont you ever go outside? seems like a huge waste
>>35283364
Bait
>>
$0
No.

Blocked
>>
>>35281947

Her expression sells it so poorly.
>>
Dad makes 300k Mom makes 50k

House is worth 2 mill and about 10 years old

I have no idea what average salaries are for adults
>>
>>35284028
The median household income is 50k
>>
>>35281947
>parents had me and sister when my dad was just starting his career
>grew up fairly modestly, 1 story 3 bedroom house, both parents worked, probably right in the middle of middle class all told
>all of a sudden in the last ~5 years my dad has experienced a whirlwind of success in his career
>not even sure exactly how much he makes but it's probably somewhere in the region of 300k/y
>aside from mom quitting her job and some minor cosmetic renovations to our house they haven't really done anything different
i guess technically my family is pretty wealthy now but god knows where the money is going. then again it's probably a good thing they didn't nig out and buy a bunch of shit.
>>
>>35284099
But what about for when both parents have a college education?
>>
No idea how much my mom makes, but I'm in the low six figures.

My house is nice enough, a 3 bedroom 1.5 bath starter home built in 1914 (I like old shit). Paid 209k for it back in 2013 when I was still in my 20's, and now it's worth closer to 260k. Yay gentrification!
>>
>>35284710
Who do you live with?

original
>>
>>35282146
NYC is horrendous. It's only tolerable if you're extremely rich.

The only people who seem to want to live in NYC are sheltered white kids with hipster fantasies.
>>
>>35282148
Nice try, faget
>>
>>35282328
>350,000 k/yr
Your dad made 350,000,000 dollars a year?
>>
>>35284725
Just myself. At my mom's spot, it was me, her and my sis. Now it's just my mom and sis there. 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath that's probably worth somewhere over half a mil now. My mom paid 267k for it back in '99, I think.
>>
not sure but they don't spend any money on things they don'/t need. my father doesn't know what he makes, my mom works part time.
>>
>>35281947
Mom kakes about 31K euros/year before taxes.
Father is retired, pension of 1600 euros/month or so.
House and lot of near 1000 square meters (all paid and value of +200K) with two part garage, grill cottage, junk shed, caravan/camper van, one car with basement/bathroom completely renovated.
For them not having a degrees I think they've done fine.
>>
My dad is a scientist and has been making 6 figures since he was like 27 year old. I am 26 and make $9/hr and dropped out of college. My parents are split now and I live in a decent sized mcmansion in a boring florida suburb. My mom makes like 40k a year. I grew up in a house worth around 1.5 -2m. We were never "rich" rich but wealthy and I grew up spoiled as hell and still turned out to be a loser.
>>
>>35282064
yo NYC anon here i live in shit filled Brooklyn on public housing.

How do you muster the strength to not kill yourself? life is fucking shit like this , no money to do anything , social mobility capped and parents who dont give a shit.

NYC is literally only viable if you are upper middle class and above otherwise dont bother
>>
>>35286597
>one parent makes six figures
>not rich
What fucking dream world do you live in?
>>
>>35286746

I'm talking millionaire rich dude. I went to public school and dropped out of a low tier state school.
>>
My parents both (seperated) own nice homes in a good neighborhood.
My own home is a nice apartment because I'm not a degenerate leeching off his parents
>>
My dad is a portfolio manager. He makes at least a million a year, probably a lot more. All his coworkers have ridiculous mansions in the hills, we live a regular upper-middle class life in the suburbs. He likes to save.

My mom lives off of alimony which stops this year, so she's been scrambling to try to get back into whatever banking/loan shit she was doing before. Turns out no one wants to hire 55-year-old roasties who haven't worked in 15 years
>>
>>35286597
>We were never "rich" rich but wealthy and I grew up spoiled as hell and still turned out to be a loser.
That's often the case
>>
i think my dads salary is around 500k
>>
>>35286597
Have any clue as to why you turned out the way you did? I wish my parents had been STEM oriented, opposed to humanities majors. Still turned out well for me, but things could always be better...
>>
My dad is a surgeon I guess he makes maybe 200,000 a year

I have a humanities BA and MA from good schools but am somehow constantly underemployed
>>
My dad stopped working when I was born, so we don't make anything.

Yes it's very nice.
>>
>>35281947
Never met me da.
Mother was busy working or out with friends.
Apartment was 2 bedroom.
Grandmothers was a good house I guess.
>>
>>35282287
>Upper middle class
you are not a robot
>>
>>35290490
>he thinks parents having money can save you from robotdom
el oh el to be honest
All it does is make your life more comfortable (providing you're parents aren't dicks), which in turn makes it much easier to become a shut-in loser if your personality is already prone to that. Money doesn't make you attractive or give you more social skills, and it certainly doesn't give you any willpower
>>
He doesn't make any money now because he retired at 43. My grandparents were rich though and they passed away 10 years ago. My father and uncle split the inheritance 60/40. I don't know the exact amount but we have a house in Newport Beach, one in Santa Monica, one in LA, and one in the bay area. So I guess we're pretty well off. But I'm severely autistic and scared of women and now I'm here.
>>
>>35290594
my parents having money has only ever made me less attractive
>>
>>35286790

>I went to public school therefore I'm a poorfag
>My family isn't a millionaire therefore I'm a poorfag

Christ. This is the reason why we need to stop rich guilt. Did you ever get shit for being rich by the other kiddies who grew up poor?
>>
File: 2017-02-24_10.12.19.jpg (358KB, 880x508px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-24_10.12.19.jpg
358KB, 880x508px
>>35281947
My parents are retired and we live in a nice big house in a gated neighborhood. My father was the owner of a company and my mother stopped working when I was born. Pic related is my bank account, being a rich NEET is God tier living.
>>
>>35283436
There's no way that house is 300k, unless it's a literal pigpen on the inside.
>>
>>35286672
It's called get a job and stop wasting time on the internet you destitute
>>
>>35281947
I make between 160k and 260k per year. Depends on business. Yes my place is nice. Small, but nice.
>>
Mom gets whatever the government pays out to retired people these days. Dad... if you added up his lifetime earnings then subtracted net losses, he would be several hundred thousand in the red. Terrible with money. Both of them. Both leeched off their second husband/wife after the original divorce.
>>
>>35291150
had one. wage slaving to goldberg was not worth it , im in school now but everything is inherently more difficult because of the cost of living here.

besides this /r9k/ we all bitch about our problems here
>>
Family lost there fortune right once I started college which forced me into alcoholism and dropping out. We're living on scraps tier. I tried to kys myself and was caught and sent to a psych ward. Now I can't enlist in the military to salvage myself from being stuck in rock bottom, while replaying what if situations of what could've been if my parents didn't loose everything. I've been stuck as a neet for two years, I'll probably kys myself if Hunter X Hunter doesn't see the release of chapter 361. I can't take this anymore
>>
My mom is broke. I live with her, I am neet. I generally have to use my neet bux to buy myself food. She makes enough to pay rent but she stopped buying groceries..she doesn't talk to me about finances this all my own guess. She's a real estate agent and bookeeper and as far as I know business is slow.
>>
>>35290956
Richies are either super arrogant or virtue signalling faggots. Theres no middle ground
>>
>>35281947
>How much do your parents make

I don't know exactly. Mom's a vice principal, I think around 70k a year. I know it's less than 85k because she's pissed I make more than her. My dad is a sales manager for Volvo trucks, so his varies heavily based on performance. He has the potential for large bonuses every quarter. But I think his base salary is around 110k.

>Is your house nice

Yeah, it's pretty nice. Wife and I bought in 2011 when the market was pretty close to the bottom, so we were able to afford more than the standard starter house. 2300 square feet, some nice upgrades like a finished basement, large deck, granite countertops in the kitchen, and brand new appliances.
>>
>>35291402
How did they pull off losing their fortune?
>>
File: 1468076670564.png (896KB, 839x979px) Image search: [Google]
1468076670564.png
896KB, 839x979px
>>35281947
>How much do your parents make
No idea really, parents are divorced but I know my dad is up to at least $20 an hour, wouldn't surprise me if it was more by now since that was a few years ago. Mother is head of HR, owns a ton of stock in the company, and still somehow manages to get a yearly raise since she's been with it since the beginning so I assume she makes decent.

>Is your house nice
Not really I don't live with my parents any more but when they were together we lived pretty minimally in a rundown old converted military house since they have a shit ton of debt they racked up when they were younger and dumber. Now that I'm in uni and they're divorced my mother lives in a nice four bedroom, two story house with her new husband and my dad goes apartments/girlfriends houses/hotels. And I live in a shitty $600 apartment that they split the rent on so long as I stay in uni.
>>
>>35281947
My dad is dead, I support my mom.

Both our houses are quite nice.
>>
>>35281947
Parents are divorced

Mom inherited like 2 million and retired from her part time job at 45. We lived in a normal sized house.

Dad was a graphic artist who once was a senior director but got laid off because of computers. He made min wage and lived in a cheap condo for the remainder of his debt ridden, paycheck-to-paycheck life.
>>
>>35291494
A combination of negligence, fraud and gambling. I was actually trying to prevent it all from happening, but since I was "a stupid 17 year old" my parents didn't take my words of warning and did the exact opposite.

Thanks Mom and Dad for making me lose out on my best years and any sort of future.
>>
Dad's a cook
Mum's a graphic designer for a printed newspaper
Protip for all you aspiring graphic designers out there-
Print isn't dying, it's DEAD
Mum's place small but cosy, dad's is bigger but shoddily built.
Both are pretty shit compared to most 50+ people's homes
>>
>>35281947
Both of my parents are dead.
>>
>>35291074
>150k
>rich
????

>150k in bank account
>not in assets

r u serious nigga? u dumb
>>
>>35281947
7 figure usd.

My dad thinks money is more important than parenting tho, so I turned out as a robot anyways.
>>
>>35292517
4 properties across 3 countries. None of them are giant, just really good location/views.
>>
My dad's house was just apprasied for 14 million, my mom lives in section 8 housing. She was given multiple millions in the divorce fifteen years ago but blew it all trying to keep up with the joneses while not working.
>>
>>35292495
I have about 70 grand in cash right now. Ridiculous I need to do something with it.
>>
>>35292559
What's your dad's job? Also women lul.
>>
>>35292576
Go to town in vegas, its your playing money anyways.
>>
>>35292741
He runs a company. It's kind of specific so I can't say what he does.
>>
Together they make about $120K/yr, but considering I live in a third world country that's great. Would that be enough to be middle class in the US?
>>
File: moneydollars.jpg (2KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
moneydollars.jpg
2KB, 93x125px
>>35292576
Buy some weed wholesale and flip it. prices are rock bottom in Cali right now, double it in a week
>>
>>35281947
parents have been retired for almost 20 years, made a combined ~1M their best year, adjusted for inflation

they live in a nice 4.5k sq ft home overlooking a canyon and hills
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.