[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My therapist wants me to take a public speaking class. I want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: nervous pepe.jpg (24KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
nervous pepe.jpg
24KB, 231x218px
My therapist wants me to take a public speaking class.

I want to make progress but there's almost nothing more terrifying than this to me. What should I do?
>>
I think therapists in general are ass, but if you're scared about it you should probably do it.
>>
>>35281767
Do it
I was so scared of public speaking and was forced to take that class for my degree. Sure I showed up drunk to all my speeches but I actually managed to get an A and haven't been that scared of speaking since.
>>
>>35281767
like probabably everyone here I was terrified of it, but also poor and the only job offered to me was math professor (go figure my autistic ass is good at math). The first few weeks were nightmarish but now (5 years later) its like nothing. You really can overcome a fear through brute force.
>>
DONT

literally the worst class ever. All I did was stutter and everyone laughed. It's better just talking to people on campus and in clubs, it was easier that way
>>
>>35281767
Prepare for several days of pure anxiety and panic attacks afterwards. But most importantly dont fucking go.
>>
>make an anonymous bomb threat
>hit alarm
>u bought sometime
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>35281796
>>35281869
If you were able to overcome it wasnt that bad you fucking retards
>>
You'll be fine dude. I'm taking one right now and it's a cakewalk.

Even though I've had experience with speeches before, without that experience I would be fine nonetheless.

You're not taking a public speaking class in order to immediately be the best at. It's a learning process, and you're there to improve yourself. If you think you'll do terrible at it that is a-ok, because a lot, if not all of the other people in there are going to be nervous and make mistakes as well.

You've got this man, I believe in you.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (6KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
6KB, 200x194px
>>35281767
I remember doing a presentation in front of my class and severly stammering because of how scared I was.
Entire class fucking laughed at me, so I didn't turn up for about a week.
>>
>>35281767
>degree requires speech class
>take it to hopefully overcome anxiety
>fear and anxiety every week despite never stuttering or goofing a speech
>finish class
>more scared of public speaking than ever before

Wasn't worth it for me.
>>
Don't do it
The answer is so simple nobody can force you to do anything you don't want.
Therapy is a meme.
You can only fix yourself.
>>
>>35282040
I dropped out ouf highschool because I didnt wanna do the oral part of the final exams.
>>
>>35282069
>You can only fix yourself.
That's what therapy is supposed to help you do.
>>
>>35282114
Okay, but the help isn't necessary.
Plus people often think that therapy is the sole solution to their problems.
Enjoy throwing your money down the drain and wasting time/energy talking to a complete stranger.
>>
>>35281767

Take a online public speaking class. It gives you time to record yourself and pick up on what you are doing wrong (stuttering, wandering eyes, speaking with moving your hands and not articulating the main point of your statement.)
>>
>>35282155
What's the alternative?

orangutan.
>>
>>35282180
Literally everything else.
Un-ironically git gud by creating a more healthy lifestyle by yourself.
You've got a whole database within your grasp for any tips you might need.
>>
>>35281979
or they just have bigger balls than you
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.