[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you let yourselves be neet autists?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: cometothelight.jpg (109KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
cometothelight.jpg
109KB, 540x960px
Why do you let yourselves be neet autists?
>>
>>35281438
I was born an autist and the NEET part just followed naturally.

I'm not intelligent/talented enough to do anything meaningful with my life or make money without becoming a wageslave, and trying to force my autistic self into wageslavery would be a fate worse than death.
>>
>>35281438
Jordan Peterson is right about a lot of things, but he's wrong about sacrificing who you are to become part of a community.

It's unwise to sell out and be an 'electrician' just because it's better to be "something" than just pure potential.

That isn't to say that you shouldn't become something, but it's just unwise to throw all of your potential away on being something dumb like a plumber. I mean it's not 1950 anymore. Plumbers aren't going to be needed in 10 years anyway. All of these people pushing for "the trades" aren't taking into account that these menial jobs aren't going to be here in 10 years. Welding? Forget it. Machines will have it covered. Electrician? Machines will have it covered. Auto Mechanic? Machines will have it covered.

The best thing anyone can do right now is to mold themselves into the most interesting version of themselves that they can possibly be, so that they can effectively relay their perspective on the world.

Learn how to speak in an interesting manner. Make a YouTube channel.

Keep being a ball of potential.

It just so happens that the best way to do that is to be NEET and look inward 24/7.
>>
>>35281635
>All of these people pushing for "the trades" aren't taking into account that these menial jobs aren't going to be here in 10 years
We will not have fully automated robot handymen in 10 years.
>>
>>35281683
You bet your ass we will.
>>
>>35281689
Got any evidence to back up 'plumbers wont be needed in 10 years'?
>>
>>35281702
A computer recently beat someone at the game Go.

People said it wouldn't have happened in a million years just like 2 years ago.

This isn't the only place where AI is starting to shine.

And it isn't only AI. Its everything. It's medicine, it's robotics.

Now go ahead and keep sounding like someone without an argument.
>>
>>35281635
Why not go to uni and get a STEM degree like me. Easy time, meet people and friends, learning meaningful material, get a dank job afterwards. You're not closed off to only being one particular thing in life like being an electrician or plumber, goodness anon
>>
>>35281775
>we are making strides toward significant AI improvements
>you should already live your life like it's post singularity
>>
>>35281775
>A computer recently beat someone at the game Go.
>that means machines will be doing all the plumbing in 10 years
At least pick a further off date so you dont sound like a complete retard.
>>
>>35281801
>Implying you need a singularity to make plumbers obsolete.
>>
>>35281438
I don't know anything else and I'm too scared to change myself.
>>
File: 46427706_p0.jpg (731KB, 1000x1403px) Image search: [Google]
46427706_p0.jpg
731KB, 1000x1403px
It's comfy, no complaints my friend.
>>
How exactly will robot plumbers work? You have a leaky pipe and you order a plumbdroid-3000to come round?
>>
>>35281438
What'ts better than being a neet autist?
Nothing is fulfilling and I don't need gobs of cash, so why not just passively entertain myself at my own pace, with no responabilities or obligations?
>>
>>35281438
I'm 30 in 2 weeks. I spent 12 years trying to ake life work. I have no guilt about giving up.
>>
>>35281879
but if you give up, you'll never make life work desu.
>>
>>35281879
If you're talking about dying, you'll die eventually anyways.
You might as well just live until you die just because one is a limited resource in your control and the other is unlimited, with few means to control or predict it.
>>
Well, first off, I'm not autistic.

Secondly, I'm not "letting myself" be NEET. To make a go of NEETdom long term, you have to work damn hard to get to that point, sometimes for decades. And, even when you get there, it's a big deal to watch your expenses and make sure you'll be ok in the long-term.

Inflation, taxes and all kinds of other things are constantly eating away at the permaNEET's nest egg. And without a savvy mind, you can get yourself into trouble.

Still, it's worth it to have that time on your hands. I'll be NEET soon, it's going to be pretty sweet.
>>
>>35282183
This is probably the most realistic description of being a NEET on bux that I've heard on 4chan, all from someone who isn't even on the bucks.
Solid post.
>>
>>35282210
I've been preparing to be NEET for a long time now, probably almost ten years. So, I've tried to get down to brass tacks and be realistic with myself about what I'd need to do. No handouts here, I'll be self-funded.
>>
>>35282344
How much have you saved?
>>
File: 30a.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
30a.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>35281635
You clearly don't know shit about shit anon. There's absolutely no way plumbers will be out of a job in 10 or 20 or even 30 years. I think you severely underestimate just how shitty most of the plumbing infrastructure is in the US, it's extremely hard to fix because the pipes are old and crappy and no-one wants to pay to dig it all up (it's expensive). There's no reasonable way to automate this process and if you think there is you clearly don't know the first thing about programming or robotics or plumbing.
>>
>>35282545
Here in the UK we still have shit from the Victoria era in some places.
>>
>>35282497
So, I'm not going to get into exact numbers, but I have a year's worth of expenses in liquid cash and the bulk of my money in income-generating investments which seems to be covering my basics. Still working, though, and paying off some smaller debts to further cut my expenses. I need to cut it down and try to live as small as I can.
>>
File: 1488351829576.jpg (29KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1488351829576.jpg
29KB, 480x451px
>>35281635
lmao

only fucking retarded autists with no world experience think all the jobs will be replaced by robots and everyone in society will just get things for free or an equal living wage from the government just for existing

we were born close to that, but just before it

that's for the next generation

you better get a career anon or else you're going to be fucked like everyone else in history

>tfw born too late to explore the earth, too late to explore the stars, and just off the mark for universal income

hahha holy shit kill me now
>>
>>35282658
yea, I'd agree with that. We'll never see UBI.

Head for the lifeboats now, folks, there's no cavalry coming for any of us.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.