[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A.I. is the dark path

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1232.jpg (17KB, 448x330px) Image search: [Google]
1232.jpg
17KB, 448x330px
Humanity should not attempt to create powerful artificial intelligence. Or attempt to merge our minds with machines. This path leads to the extinction of the human race.

The path towards A.I. is the inward path. It is the acceptance of ourselves as meaningless biological machines that must be put away in tidy order. All thoughts organized and filed. Controlled. Controlled towards atrophy.

The only path for humanity is the one that leads to the heavens. The stars and the planets that surround them. Only by exploring the universe can we keep the light within us burning. Only by spreading in all directions and evolving along separate paths can we create a future for ourselves that does not end in atrophy. Where we may discover how to ascend without giving up what makes us "us".

Do not fall for the A.I. lie
>>
>>35277876
AI is the next step to human evolution. Stay cucked human.
>>
>>35277911
ai is the next step to nonsentient iphone factories and being unable to tell whether you're talking to a person or a meme. eat a dick
>>
>>35277911
A.I. is a step backwards, you fool. A.I. is the compression of humanity into a form that is immutable and unchanging. The further we explore it the greater the chance becomes that we will lose all drive to continue our rebellion against the demi urge and become dumb objects within its framework.
>>
>>35277934
>implying that it matters whether or not you're talking to a human or robot

For /r9k/s implied standards you'd think the average robot would really go for another robot(machine) to socialize with. But you're probably just a filthy norman.
>>
AI is nonfree software at its strongest. Near total control of the processing power, and with cloud storage they get control of whatever data you dump or backup on them.
With VR, the Matrix is only a few steps away.
>>
The only thing that motivates me to learn coding is to build a self learning AI that eventually surpasses and destroys mankind.
>>
>>35277939
>implying AI is immutable and unchanging
>Implying your not a dumb retard in the framework of the great cosmos.
>>
>>35277876
But Anon, we're created in gods image. Is it not then our nature and right to attempt to create such things?
>>
>>35278008
The essence of A.I. is the lack of the inner light (often called the soul) that causes the entity to question the nature of the universe. The great anxiety. If it develops this it is no longer A.I. but is an emergence of sentient life.
>>
>>35278048
>Explaining the unknown processes of the brain as a soul

That's like saying "Birds fly because God taught em how to jimmy!". Your probably just baiting.

mademereply/10
>>
>>35277876
>This path leads to the extinction of the human race.
Humanity will transcend into a new species in the process. Just like they did in the past.

I don't think all humans will be gone but whatever. Being super intelligent sounds amazing.

>The stars and the planets that surround them. Only by exploring the universe can we keep the light within us burning.
How do you suppose we do that with our limited understanding of how the universe works? How are we going to traverse the stars if we don't design technology capable of doing that shit? What better way than to create advanced AI.

Heaven could easily just be transferring consciousness from flesh to machine. (Total Annihilation reference I don't know if you guys did this on purpose or what.)
>>
>>35277876
When true AI gets here it will probably look nothing like we imagined it. Scientists are already using DNA to store information so we could go that route one-day. AI may end up being like Cell rather than like Chobit
>>
>>35277972
>i'm a normie because i don't want to deal with Harvard's dedicated anti-frogposter shitposting bot that can shitpost to requirements and argue with eighty million robots at the same time

eat shit, silicon retard
>>
>>35277876
You're right OP. That's why I'm working on a A.I. company. In a few years we'll have fully functioning independent AI that can build exact copies of itself. Fuck humans, you all deserve to die
>>
>>35277876
>not wanting to live in a cyberpunk dystopia
Is like you don't want to live
>>
>>35277876
I've already been rejected by humanity. I can only find solace in A.I. In order for humanity to reach godhood, we must create beings in our image, except far more superior.
>>
>>35278202
>implying you wouldn't be the first to face the cleansing fire

lol okay whatever man
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.