[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do many of you guys lift weights? discussing the pros of cons

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: 1487188896918.png (56KB, 1049x943px) Image search: [Google]
1487188896918.png
56KB, 1049x943px
do many of you guys lift weights?

discussing the pros of cons of being autistic and /fit/ in this thread

inb4 normies out
>>
no pros
no cons
you do it to fill the time
>>
>>35274553
i do. still pretty dyel though
>>
This is normie thing to do so no. Unless my eyes count.
>>
whats some based work outs for beginners?
>>
>>35274660
starting strength or a beginner olympic lifting routine
>>
>>35274553
if you're a fat but otherwise socially normal guy lifting will solve all your problems

lifting will never cure autism though, even if you're top 0.001%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmQtSMIrHsc&ab_channel=ConnorMurphy
>>
I lift but only because it's funny people think I'm normie and then they speak to me and find out I'm autistic as fuck.
>>
>>35274553
>lift weights
>love putting up numbers more than anything
>can't do steroids, drugs etc

pros
>nothing feels heavy anymore
>normies aren't very strong

cons
>because autism I've been going to the same gym for two years and it feels as if I'm systematically being excluded from the gym's social culture.
>get triggered when I see poor form.
>can't go to the gym with friends because their ego gets bruised when an autist outlifts them.
>have told multiple girls what their weight from looking at them, always within 10% or the real value.
>>
I just started two months ago. Still weak as shit and still look like garbage. (gained 7 pounds and I can't tell how much of it is fat and how much, if any, is muscle) On the bright side, it's motivated me to work on my diet slowly but surely. Made myself dinner tonight for the first time in a while. Salmon, broccoli, and asparagus. Was really tasty
>>
Well I hurt my back due to a skeletal misalignment of my femurs so all my progress was for nothing.
>>
>>35274573
>no pros
Poor physical health can get pretty fucking bad. I am wondering if I exercised regularly if I would have a cluster of 10 or more burning red bumps under my armpit.
>>
>>35275743
*if I would still have
As in I have them since yesterday and I am scared. Gonna ride the stationary bike for 2 hours and clean myself after. Doesn't help that I eat horribly. But I haven't worked out in months either.
>>
>>35274655
looking after yourself should be encouraged,many here on this board are virgins due to low self esteem and looking like fat neckbeards

lifting cures both...when you are confident with the way you look women notice
>>
>>35274553
I started a few months ago after years of poor diet and little exercise. I'm a skinny-fat but I am beginning to see results. I'm afraid of getting fatter than I already am, so I'm not building much mass, but my strength has increased and I look a bit leaner. My diet is improving but I have bouts of bad binge eating every couple of weeks that fuck everything up. I have no real reasons to do it besides that it takes up time, and it helps me hate myself a bit less (because I can tell myself "at least you aren't being completely lazy") I hope that with time my appearance will improve so that I don't have the urge to hurt myself every time I look in the mirror
>>
File: 1196360280027.jpg (198KB, 921x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1196360280027.jpg
198KB, 921x1248px
I've been lifting for a month and a half now, I'm really starting to just enjoy lifting until hitting that point of complete exhaustion and soreness. Then I can just come home and go to sleep almost instantly instead of having to be alone with my thoughts. Between lifting and work I can turn my brain almost completely off during the weekdays, it's great.
>>
>>35274553
>I've been lifting for a month and a half now, I'm really starting to just enjoy lifting until hitting that point of complete exhaustion and soreness. Then I can just come home and go to sleep almost instantly instead of having to be alone with my thoughts. Between lifting and work I can turn my brain almost completely off during the weekdays, it's great.
I wish I could live again but oh well
>>
I really want to, but I go to the biggest American uni and the gym is intimidating
>>
>>35274767
That guy ain't natty.
>>
File: NO HOMO.jpg (86KB, 990x645px) Image search: [Google]
NO HOMO.jpg
86KB, 990x645px
>>35274553

Yes I lift.

- PROS:

- People take you somewhat more seriously since you obviously have a level of self-discipline most normies aspire to. The average normalfag wishes they worked out, but they're fucking lazy. That's fine if they're young and have solid genetics, but once you become an oldfag the women look like dumpy fishwives, many chads are having guts and bitch tits, and in general if they don't stay health-conscious they look like hammered shit.
- If you invest the time and the work, you don't have to explain or demonstrate, they can tell by looking at you.
- You're physically stronger.
- You get endorphins without drug use.
- You feel better about yourself.
- Reinforces structure/force of will.
- You look better. Even if you're an ugly cunt. At least you're not a fat weak ugly cunt. Picture a butterface girl versus a bitch with the same face who is a cottage cheesy walrus.
- /fit/ is actually a decent board, albeit somewhat faggoty -- but significantly less so than /r9k/
- Once you're in the habit you actually look forward to it.
- If you overcome autism you may meet cool people at the gym, but proceed with caution.
- Nobody gives you shit if they think you can break their head. There is always a bigger badder dude, but again, the average normalfag is at best a skinnyfat curlbro or incipient dadbod. You can do autistic shit without actively being fucked with.

CONS:
- Does not cure autism. You will still need to develop social skills. It becomes SOMEWHAT easier if you feel less like a pathetic fat fuck.
- Not all women actually like buff dudes. Some will pretend not to, or actively try to fuck with your ego for being built. Most will eat that shit up. Women who don't like buff dudes include: fat cunts who are reminded of their own detestable flubber by your physique, "strong womyn" who see it as an indicator of patriarchal chauvinism, and dykes. Ignore these whores.
- WILL NOT SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS.

idk nigger
>>
>>35274553
Been lifting for about 18 months on and off. It's great to have something to focus on.
>>
>>35274767
fuckin hate this guy
>>
>>35276355
I'm trying to get addicted to cardio. After I get healthy I will worry about being strong again. For years I've been pretty damn strong from lifting but always fat and out of shape unhealthy as fuck.
>>
>>35276388
I think the ship has sailed for me in terms of cardio/fitness. I'm 30 and spent all the adult life smoking/drinking/on drugs and also hy knees are fucked so even jogging is painful. Getting buff is all I can do really.
>>
File: 5655564.png.jpg (14KB, 411x506px) Image search: [Google]
5655564.png.jpg
14KB, 411x506px
How bad are my stats after three months of lifting from nothing (64>78kgs/5'11)

>weight: 78kg/171lbs
>bench: 110lbs
>press: 66lbs :/
>squat: 175lbs
>deadlift: 200 w/form 242 lbs w/bad form
>>
>>35276526
>242 lbs w/bad form
RIP your back
>>
>>35276547
I'm not yolo hurking it or anything, but my back will round slighting. I'm not a complete dumbass.
>>
>>35276410
>also hy knees are fucked
Well mine are too for whatever reason. That's why I use the stationary bike. That is low impact as is the elliptical.
>>
>like lifting is going to change the fact that I have a 4.5 inch dicklet
>>
>>35274553
khhv but my dad pays my gym membership and i have nothing else to do so yeah.
>>
I'm so weak /r9k/. Every single week I try to add 5lbs but I feel exhausted and feeble as fuck each time and that just discourages me so I find excuses to not lift which hurts me when I eventually do get around to it.

To give you an idea of the magnitude of the problem I bought my home gym in November and I'm squatting 110lbs right now...yeah
>>
>>35276547
242lbs is not that much
>>
File: 1488085376917.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1488085376917.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
>>35274553
Lifting is great if you're autistic. It's like a video game, you can even track the numbers. Every new plate is like a level up.
>>
>>35276593
with deadlifts if your form isn't good, it's terrible so stop it
>>
been doing olympic lifting lately

85% snatch is 50kg
85% clean and jerk is 75kg
>>
File: 6564564546456.png (543KB, 1913x1143px) Image search: [Google]
6564564546456.png
543KB, 1913x1143px
>>35277069
>snatch

I'm too scared to snatch. I know i'll end dumping it on my head, and gym qts and chads will be laughing as I hemorrhage.
>>
>>35275106
If you know you do these things, then gain some self control and tame it.
>>
>>35275855
Dont be afraid to eat anon. That's how you build muscle. Once you start looking jacked and confident, cut back on the calories.
>>
>>35276410
You can still do it, 30 isn't old. It's the perfect time to start
>>
Been working on self-improvment in this way for around a year now. Feels great to go to the gym and then track everything I eat, but sometimes it gets discouraging when the numbers are small or gains aren't as big. Even though, the idea of being a jacked weeb towering over normies keeps me going.
>>
File: 1488519671333.jpg (145KB, 1280x942px)
1488519671333.jpg
145KB, 1280x942px
>>35276224
>Does not cure autism

this is me
>>
I'm a broke neet and can't afford a good diet. Parents are poor as shit too. Not to mention the gym membership.
>>
File: progess.jpg (278KB, 811x978px) Image search: [Google]
progess.jpg
278KB, 811x978px
I'm getting to where I want to be now, thinking of going keto and changing from 5x5 stuff to doing more volume work for BJJ
>>
>>35277877

Not bad anon keep at it.

Mirin.
>>
File: IMG_20170219_185026_1.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170219_185026_1.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Am i chad yet?
I have gotten lazy lately,but at least i am in better shape than my family
>>
>>35274573
This is rather accurate
>>
>>35277928
You look avarage, but that is a good sign
keep up with the good work
>>
>>35274553
Pros: it feels good to do it and gives you strength.
Cons: doesn't help you with chicks. My tall skinny fat white friend always gets more attention than me
>>
>>35274553
because I have barely any fat and bmi 18. straight outta concentration camp
>>
I couldn't handle going to the gym. I did it for about a month but even at 3 in the morning there would be fuckers there and I had to stop going.
>>
>>35274553
There's no point in me lifting weights, I'm a skeleton and too poor to afford healthy food.
>>
>>35274553
pros
>Aestethics
>Strenght
>qts mirin
>people are afraid of you
cons
>You have to eat a shitload of food if you want to be big
>You spend money and time on it
>have to lift almost everyday for the rest of your life for maintenance (not really a con if you enjoy it)
>>
File: 1486966451579.jpg (1MB, 1395x1991px) Image search: [Google]
1486966451579.jpg
1MB, 1395x1991px
Pros
>Health habit
>It creates disapline and determination by constantly seeking to improve yourself.
>People take you more serious.
>Easily intimidate others if you're above average in muscle.
Cons
>Your oneitis will not suddenly look your direction just because you got big.
>Others will still mock you but now behind your back than to your face.
>Because I am still in high school I get accused of steroids.
>There will always be people bigger/more aesthetic than you and body dismorphia will set in.
>Takes toll on your sanity if you become too obsessed with it and you end up with lower confidence than you started.
>No girls will mire you unless you were attractive in the first place.
>If you're a manlet you look weird, boxy and still small compared to taller men.
>Jeans become harder to wear.
>Staciez will just see you as a wannabe Chad.
>Still haven't had any complements from girls but always from guys.
>>
>>35274553
It's great, people don't look down on you as much for being quiet if you're fit.
>>
Pros:
Now I'm a buff manlet

Cons:
I'm a buff manlet
>>
>>35275781
It cures the fat neckbeard part, not the virgin with low self esteem part. Just look at /fit/
>>
File: 1442984490446.jpg (8KB, 237x300px) Image search: [Google]
1442984490446.jpg
8KB, 237x300px
>>35276526
>mfw achieving similar numbers as a 5'7 140lbs manlet with the same lifting time

Keep going mate. You'll make it.
>>
>>35276815
The lord gave you 10 fingers, 2 fists, and a tongue. If you don't make it with that what he didn't give you is imagination.
>>
I run. The only reason why I lift is for injury prevention, as lifting is the best at it.

>Pros
Fun
Injury prevention
Can eat more
Aesethtic
Helps posture
Helps bones

>Cons
Costs money

There's literally no reason to not lift.
>>
>>35274573
Basically this.

origanoe
>>
>>35274655
>This is normie thing to do so no
lifting weights is actually pretty autistic. You do a very repetitive thing, pick up things and put them down. And you are serious you can get extra autistic by counting calories, measuring your body parts and write that down somewhere else.
>>
>>35274553
I've been going to the gym for two weeks now. I'm kinda proud about it because I really want to quit after the first day because I was sore as fuck (I'm very avoidant and tend to quit everything I start almost immediatly), but so far I haven't missed a single day, even the day it was raining. According to the scale I've gained 1kg but I don't know if I should get excited about it already (I'm a spooky skeleton)
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.