[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel like they're dumber than the average person?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1438262974551.jpg (182KB, 720x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1438262974551.jpg
182KB, 720x1107px
Anyone else feel like they're dumber than the average person?
>>
>>35273958
No, I'm pretty sure I'm at least semi-intelligent. But I think socially speaking it functions like a bell curve. With both smart and dumb people feeling disenfranchised from society as a whole. The fact we even slightly shift away from the groupthink makes us outsiders. The only solution is to either pretend to be either smarter or stupider or to attempt to separate yourself from society itself as many robots here have already done.
>>
>>35273958
Yes, and I feel like I'm only getting dumber with age. When I was 17 I was a lot more sharp and...well, fast mentally than I am now.

The people around me now are often able to see things instantly that I overlook, figure out problems faster than I can, and articulate themselves better LIGHTYEARS beyond what I can. I often find myself forgetting what I'm talking about mid sentence, forget what I did or had in my own hand less than 30 seconds ago, get lost mid conversation and completely forget what was being discussed, completely forget simply vocabulary, and find it impossible to explain things to people because I can find absolutely no way to put thoughts into words that would make sense even to me. The last of those is very frustrating since I know things, but I cannot share that knowledge (particularly of a technical nature) of and complex idea, situation, process, or concrete object.

It's very frustrating being unable to articulate myself, so I just stay silent most of the time and only speak in simple sentences since I cannot get complex ones across... they simply require too much instant thought. When I'm typing or writing I have a little more leeway and time to think about what I'm jotting down, but I'm sure most other people can do much better than I.

I hate being slow of mind. I only seem to retard with age.

Acquired knowledge is not necessarily intelligence; ease of processing new knowledge is.
>>
>tfw to smart to know this feel
>>
I know that academically I'm a retard but I think I have more common sense than everyone I know, I also have a really quick wit so it makes me seem like I'm a genius.

>I still add up using my fingers
>I still need to spell check basic words
>>
>>35273958
I used to have this feel but then I realized that my biggest problem is not so much being stupid but having a really shitty attention span. Not saying i'm smart or not dumb but I'm aware thats my biggest issue. Also i'm clumsy as fuck and lack a lot of coordination as well.

>>35274219
>I still need to spell check basic words

I think a lot of people do this though even people that I wouldn't consider dumb. Sometimes you either just can't remember or you just want to be safe so you check the spelling first before you type it.
>>
I feel like I'm getting dumber over time. It's probably all the drinking, drugs, and lack of meaningful mental stimulation.
>>
>>35274037
When you are heavily stupid (like 80 IQ), there is no doubt about it and you quickly find out, because you are confronted to your difficulties in practical, daily life situations all the time. You never get good at reading at a normal speed, you get lost several times at several places, you forget things all the time, you are completly unable to manage money, you don't know a lot of words, there are plenty of occasions where you don't understand what someone said, and I mean not in the "not sure I quite get this idea" misunderstanding, but in the "I don't have any clue what 2 words of your sentence mean, like at all" kind of way. Not even kidding, there are about 10% of the adult population out there who can't tell you right away that 17 + 4 = 21, they need to count it in some way, as if you had asked them 3364 + 1297.

Of course, these persons are very limited in what they can do, and you likely won't ever find them on the internet. Still, 10% of a lot of people.

I think alienation from being too smart is definitely a thing, but you can usually tell you are much smarter than average when you figure out pretty much everything you try, or if there never was anything in school that you had paid attention to yet couldn't understand, like if you never had once a blur of confusion that you had to go more than once over an idea or a concept taught in school to even start grasping it, you certainly aren't under the average.

Also, think about what you heard from other people all your life. If you were never amazed in an alienating way by something someone said, chances are you are quite high yourself.
>>
>>35274158
wow this is me.

i was scared i might be developing early symptoms of alzheimers (runs in my family) but maybe it's just age and anxiety.

my self-discipline and ambition became shitty too. i used to be able to keep a clean diet and exercise 5 times a week, quit coffee for a couple years, etc.

but i find myself getting weaker when it comes to cravings now. gained a good 10 lbs before i noticed. trying to get it back down again.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.