[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni feels/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

File: goat flag.png (201KB, 1422x1402px) Image search: [Google]
goat flag.png
201KB, 1422x1402px
How are you holding up bots? How's midterms season?

>eternal tfw no gf
>wasting the best years of your life surrounded by people who are having the time of their lives
>going into debt for a meme degree

email: [email protected]
>>
I am at a USM school too

Parents are paying for my school because they think a college degree is still worth something, so I just chose a meme major. Almost done too

I haven't really felt satisfied or content with anything I've been doing education-wise, still have no career goal, and I'm still a virgin

College is such a joke, every class is conducted out of a textbook. Unless you have a really engaging, experienced professor you could just learn the material yourself, they're really just glorified test proctors (at least for liberal arts majors)

Also how the fuck do you have midterms already
>>
>>35271907
bretty good that you're getting a free degree at least, I hope you figure out what you want to do with it

In all of the STEM courses I've taken we usually have midterms at the end of every month and then finals
>>
>>35271985
>retty good that you're getting a free degree at least

Yeah, sometimes I feel just a twinge of guilt for having it all paid for yet being such a shitty student (motivation and studying wise, I've still managed to pass most of my classes) when there are people that desperately want to go to college that have to take out loans or simply can't afford to pay for it all, but the reality is my circumstances have nothing to do with them
>>
Shoulda fallen for the STEM meme
>>
>>35272110
Don't feel bad anon. There's no equality of opportunity or outcome in this world - if anyone was in your situation, they'd take advantage of everything they could like you

>>35272134
I did fall for the engineering degree meme and while it'll be easy for me to make bank there's probably a 3:30:40 ratio of women:fratbros:fedoralords in my classes. not ideal
>>
>>35272211

So you can meet people outside of class

I'm sure having classes with females in them didn't get you anywere in highschool
>>
>>35272211
Yeah, all the girls in engineering are usually biomedical. It's a sellers market.
>>
>>35272234
>implying I dont have extreme anxiety and avoidant personality disorder
>>
>>35272260

then you're perfect for engineering
>>
>>35272287
I dont dispute that but it doesnt stop the feels
>>
File: 1463191523931.gif (167KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
1463191523931.gif
167KB, 447x415px
>taking japanese
>third semester
>got partnered with a sperg
>he's so far behind that he still has to sound out the hiragana
>can't even remember the first semester kanji
>every exercise takes twice as long as the other groups
>even when I tell him the answers to shit he still somehow fucks it up
>get absolutely no practice in class because I spend most my time correcting or explaining shit to him
>>
>>35271787
Three weeks left until spring break. This is my second semester since transferring from CC. I got straight A's last semester and I think I'm going to do the same this semester. My parents are happy but don't feel like I've accomplished anything. I chose a meme degree too (English). The work is somewhat enjoyable and isn't too difficult. I'd like to attend grad school, but I really couldn't ask my parents to put me through another year after all they've already sacrificed. I'm gonna try again to look for a job during break, see if I can scrounge up the 7k in a year, but I'm not optimistic. Schoolwork aside, I'm really lonely. I haven't made a new friend since I finished high school. Also tfw no gf.
>>
>>35272392
>I'd like to attend grad school, but I really couldn't ask my parents to put me through another year after all they've already sacrificed
iktf anon I made all A's my first two years and my parents got fixated on the idea of me going to grad/law school, then I had a breakdown last year and failed absolutely everything, I've managed to pull myself together since then and made all A's last semester and pulled myself back up to a 2.5 gpa and my parents started asking when I'm going to take the lsat. At this point though I don't want to waste their money since even if I do somehow get accepted somewhere with my shit gpa I'll probably just fall apart and feel guilty since they're putting theirselves off for me
>>
>>35271787
yooo I'm thinking of going there
if you're going there give major and how it is
>>
>>35272618
all the STEM majors are great education-wise (but difficult). Especially physics, engineering, and comp sci
>>
>>35272553
>iktf anon I made all A's my first two years and my parents got fixated on the idea of me going to grad/law school
>parents started asking when I'm going to take the lsat
My parents are the same. They never had the opportunity and it means a lot to them that I'm doing well in school. It feels like my most compelling motivation for sticking with school is not wanting to disappoint. Are you genuinely interested in pursuing a career in law though?
>>
>>35271787
I'm sure I'll do a lot better after having a spring break to bask in my degeneracy
>>
>>35271787
You go to UMD too? I work at the maccas near there
>>
>>35273111
Yeah. Assuming you mean McDonald's Jesus fuck that must be difficult drunk assholes every night rofl
>>
>>35273288
Yeah it's pretty awful lmao, but that's life isn't it?

What do you think of the student populace?
>>
>>35273355
Not much, haven't made a friend in two years
>>
first week in already given up hope
>>
>>35273371
You didn't go to HS in MD or did none of your High School friends decide to UMD?
>>
File: handsome pepe.png (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
handsome pepe.png
9KB, 259x194px
>>35271787
who /didgoodonallmidterms/ here?

Circuits 80% (avg was 60%)
Lin. Alg. 97%
Calc III 99%
Humanities course 98%
Microarchitecture class don't know yet but it was easy as fuck
>>
>>35273483
Yeah my 2 friends from high school are the only people I ever talk to. They both have their own social groups though (that I'm not a part of)
>>
>>35271787
Hey college park here as well, what major are you?
>>
>>35272331
I'm in my 2nd semester, but the same keeps happening.
>Get paired with sperg
>Practiced everything before hand, but his stuttering and pauses ruins the flow of conversation
>Makes me look like shit everytime
>>
>>35273558
MechE
>>
UMD College Park Comp E checking in
>>
>>35273606
Got a friend graduating with a mech E degree this year, I'm Comp sci myself. We're gonna make it anon don't give up hope.
>>
>>35273494
ha ha ha good meme friendo (^:
>>
>>35273630
I always found a Comp E degree strange. Do you not want to code too much or do you really like both EE and CS?
>>
Public university blows. It's fucking grueling.

I can't stand most of my classmates especially the ones who are still stuck in the high school mentality and except for like 8 or 9, most of them are dogshit tier so I can't form a connection with them. Doesn't help that they are low class plebeians. So you can't really have a conversation that isn't about trivial or mainstream shit.

Any smart joke will result in silence too. Goddamn I just want my fucking title so I can piss off and get an MBA with people with actual brains.

But I fear it's going to be even worse because news flash my country average IQ is of 88.

All I want is people who I can talk to. Whenever I go with my high school friends they're too busy with video games or on classes all the time.

I should have studied hard and gotten a scholarship for a private university but noooo I had to be a lazy fatass instead.
>>
Anyone else on the fence about going to grad school?
>>
>>35273677
how did you do on your midterms my man?
>>
File: 1470801530617.png (90KB, 660x714px) Image search: [Google]
1470801530617.png
90KB, 660x714px
>>35272834
>Are you genuinely interested in pursuing a career in law though?
I was at one point I was in debate all throughout high school and was heavily thinking about it but I wanted to go into cs/game design more than anything. But I've failed out of that now and now I'm directionless so they're pushing me back towards law.
>>
>>35274245
I'm interested into changing to Law as well

But I think it's going to be the same as the current state I'm in or worse, if I go to the uni major and not a private one. I thought of going to the private one right after I finish my current major
>>
>>35273731
I like coding fine. You take all the core CS classes with CE so there's plenty of coding. You also take basically all the EE classes besides the physics focused ones.

For me personally I'm planning on working in software, but I want to know how hardware works mostly for the sake of curiosity.
>>
>>35271787
>>35273111
>>35273558
I applied for a job at UMD(CP) but I don't think I could take it. Your area is super fucking expensive to live in for someone not from there. How do you do it?
>>
>>35274305
>I'm interested into changing to Law as well
Don't do law as your 4 year even when I was thinking about law originally literally everyone I know even my uni advised against prelaw and said go with something else since if you end up not going to law school the degree is literally worthless, not just the nonstem meme worthless
>>
File: pepe.png (86KB, 327x367px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
86KB, 327x367px
>>35271787
The girl I had a massive crush on and got a pity kiss from goes to UMD. I miss her...
>>
File: terpe.jpg (80KB, 515x519px) Image search: [Google]
terpe.jpg
80KB, 515x519px
why am i so fucking stupid
>>
>>35273494
Dude same

Computer organization 101% (highest in the class)
Systems software 100%
Algorithms 81% (avg 71%)
Sociology 99%

I guess here's the only place I can brag.
>>
>>35274519
In my country law isnt a doctrine that is studied as a post degree. It's like every other major. Weird I know

I'll guess I'll take your advice but I'm keeping it as my alternative.
>>
File: helper.png (5KB, 610x514px) Image search: [Google]
helper.png
5KB, 610x514px
>>35274575
Same here. I read for like 10 minutes then sit there mulling over the science and math while my peers immediately move onto the next thing like it is nothing and study for 4 hours straight zipping light years ahead of me. What to me is an interesting revelation is just a single reeses puff to them.

I don't feel stupid. I place reason over emotions. I enjoy science and once something is in my head I understand it. I am not smart smart though. I feel like a monkey trained to do tricks, my mind is not a carnival of activity.
>>
>>35274958
I know how you feel

I guess you'll have to make that thought an advantage. Especially when it comes to the hiring process
>>
>>35271787
mathematical physics

kill me. its all fucking pointless proofs and shit anyway
>>
>best years of your life
no time period like this exists
>>
File: 1484753162914.png (212KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484753162914.png
212KB, 640x480px
>had to drop out my second smester of third year at school because I seriously thought I was gonna kill myself
Im not gonna graduate till 2020 at least now good god help me
>>
>>35272331
So you're in 201? What have you learned so far this semester? Curious because I'm a third semester student as well
>>
>>35274001
Right here familia.

I'm one of those faggots that really enjoys school but I don't know if I have the brains to succeed in grad school. However this may not be entirely true as I've seen some bafflingly simple-minded TA grad students for some of my classes. It gives me hope to think that people like that are in grad school but at the same time I don't feel like I have a plan for success/end goal.

Especially since I'm in humanities, I don't even know if it's worth it to go to grad school. Unless I think I have some legitimate shot at becoming some sort of academic. But I have no clue how much money/brains I'd need for that.
>>
>>35273976

>MBA
>People with brains.

You can only have one or the other.
>>
File: 1484670062670.png (1MB, 642x2115px) Image search: [Google]
1484670062670.png
1MB, 642x2115px
>>35276014
It's just genki 2, more focused on phrases and different formality levels
>>
>>35276134
Roughly similar to where we're at. We use Nakama textbooks which are decent but not great.

How many kanji would you estimate you'e learned so far? I think we're near the 150-200 mark or so.
>>
>>35276213
>I think we're near the 150-200 mark or so.
Same we're using kanji look and learn (same writers/publishers as genki) it's 16 kanji a chapter
>>
>>35275629
Why are you studying physics without an interest in it?
>>
>have 3-5 page rough draft on morality due on monday
>practically no one rose their hand when asked if they've picked their topic
>havent picked topic at the end of friday
>thinking about writing about iron giant since i just watched it yesterday
>even tho im in the same boat as my class it'll still be bad because attention problems
>>
File: 1466242394028.png (259KB, 468x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466242394028.png
259KB, 468x720px
>professor gives us 5 days to pick a topic and do two 4 page essays
>says he used to give 2 weeks
>felt like that was too long since he want to have grades back to us before spring break
>he's still assigning homework in the meantime
>>
>>35271787
I think i'm going to kill myself this semester, if my grades stay the way they are. Anyone know a surefire way to make sure you're dead?
>>
>>35277603
by letting me kill you
>>
>>35276370
he probably fall in some dumb meme like "hur dur if you don't study this exact and only field of science then you are a scrub"

or maybe he just realized he doesn't like the career
>>
>>35273731
I'm in Comp E at a different school,

I went into it because I didn't know what I wanted going in, but then immediately went into software side. I'm still glad I did because 1.) I wouldn't have known I hate circuits if I didn't try 2.) There is a really good processor design course at my uni that taught me a ton about how computers actually work and made my code a lot more efficient because I learned how to use the cache effectively
>>
File: 1488134188448.jpg (32KB, 338x430px) Image search: [Google]
1488134188448.jpg
32KB, 338x430px
Worked student patrol and saw a guy fall out of a 5 story building and die tonight buds
Stay safe out there
>>
Lots of interviews and no one has called back. I should've lied during the interviews fuck the thing is internships is required credits so it pretty much has a deadline to find a company to work with.
>>
File: 1485304655789.jpg (91KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1485304655789.jpg
91KB, 1200x675px
my community college is full of married girls and girls with boyfriends

this is depressing. Literally asked 6 girls, 5 of them were married. I'm willing to drive to university 1hr and 30 min away so I can hit on singles who are 18
>>
File: 735324611223.jpg (72KB, 540x750px) Image search: [Google]
735324611223.jpg
72KB, 540x750px
> apply for summer internship that specifically asks for 1st years doing either my very specific degree or another closely related one
> only requirement is something ambiguous like "genuine and demonstrable interest in how things work"
> one of the best unis for my degree in the country, works closely with said company
> top marks in final high school exams
> although internship is engineering but not programming related, put in a link to my github and a couple of specific programming skills to show that I've not just wanked for the past couple of years and have been doing actual useful stuff (with fucking timestamps) and have demonstrable useful technical skills
> put in a (technical) project I've worked on with other guys for almost a year -> teamwork!

>Many thanks for your application and your interest in blablabla. Unfortunately I don't think we have anything suitable at the moment.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean. I applied for a specific position that asked for fucking "demonstrable and genuine interest in how things work". What the fuck does that even mean.

>I did read your CV with great interest however; as I can see you might be a good fir for the organisation in the future. I would very much like to stay in contact as there may be upcoming opportunities which present a better match for your skills and experience
What fucking skills and experience do you expect a 1st year to have when they are applying for a fucking internship that asks for fucking 1st years

>The Recruitment Team
Did I get shafted by HR? What the fuck are you supposed to say? I took a fucking gap yah to take pictures with poor african kids and pretend I'm helping? Fill the shit with buzzwords like leadership and teamwork and ambition? What the fuck man
>>
File: 1402953158767.jpg (46KB, 559x466px) Image search: [Google]
1402953158767.jpg
46KB, 559x466px
Anyone here have any experiences with engineering consultancy firms, specifically in the life science industry? I'm graduating this year and these companies have been very forecoming with their interest in me, so much it's starting to sound dodgy.
>>
>>35271787
>How's midterms season?
>tfw don't have midterms
>tfw 100% of my grade comes from the final exam

Man I hate this system. It might not be so bad but I've got 9 exams and the exam period is only 3 weeks here.
>>
>quitting formal education after this semester
>don't have to worry about school anymore, can just enjoy school while I'm still here :)

I wanna have my brother up here to fuck around before I'm gone
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.