[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is (your) shyness just narcissism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: kino.jpg (97KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
97KB, 1280x718px
Is (your) shyness just narcissism?
>>
Possibly yes
Oversensitivity and paranoia most certainly
>>
Anything normalfags dislike is first considered a grave sin and then they figure out why afterward, so for simplicity's sake, let's go with "yes".
>>
No
I like other people and think they are all better than me, I just don't know how to talk to them.
>>
>>35262975

It might be the opposite, desu
>>
>>35262975
Absolutely. I feel unrewarded for my brilliance and feel a pathological aversion to sharing myself with others.
>>
>>35263027
This exactly. I just have nothing to say until we have shared experiences. Takes me months/years to make friends.
>>
>>35262975
People tell me I'm quiet all the time, but I don't really think I'm all that quiet, truth be told.

I think it's more so that I don't talk unless I have something worthwhile to say, and it takes a great deal of certainty in having something worthwhile to say in order to say it. I've learned my lesson over the years.
>>
Without any question, a million times yes.
>>
no, it's cautiousness.
>>
No and the whole "hurr ur not shy just narcissistic" is a terrible meme.
Also makes me wonder what makes one say that. Did shy, insecure people really need to be "put in their place"?
>>
File: 1487114117631.png (18KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487114117631.png
18KB, 800x600px
>if you don't want to demean yourself and clown out for our entertainment you are a narcissisist.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with narcissism.

It's almost like psychiatrists and the media want people to be self-deprecating and depend entirely on others (Chad, Stacy, and betas) for their validation.
>>
>>35263196
>and depend entirely on others (Chad, Stacy, and betas) for their validation.

that is what narcissisism is. a narcissisist constantly seeks approval from others.
>>
>>35262975
Technically?

I have a very sensitive ego however my sense of self worth is very low at the same time, I've never asked a girl out because I'm scared of rejection

Someone post that comic
>>
>>35263216
But it's for themselves; they don't care about helping other people or fitting in.
>>
>>35263244
and you think being selfish is a good thing?
>>
>>35263216
Then what's the thing where you think you're the best and no one deserves your attention because they're all shit?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>35263149
Holy shit, this is me too. If I'm in a group of people and they're talking I'll have no idea what to say at all or, if I have some idea of what to say, I'm not 100% sure that what I'm saying is right so someone might correct me which would lead to embarrassment. So, I just don't say anything at all.

I'm happy that I'm not the only one, of course I'm also sad that you deal with the same thing I do.
>>
>>35263149
>I don't really think I'm all that quiet, truth be told.
>I think it's more so that I don't talk unless I have something worthwhile to say, and it takes a great deal of certainty in having something worthwhile to say in order to say it.
By what's unfortunately normal standards, that's extremely abnormally quiet.
>>
>>35263281
It could be a superiority complex. It doesn't exclude narcissisism though. Many times a superiority complex is developed to deal with feelings of inferiorit/low self-worth.
>>
>>35263281
egotism

porridginal
>>
>>35262975
No
I'm shy because I'm an overgrown child and I can't relate to other people my age
>>
>>35263149
I'm the same. I don't involve myself in a conversation if I am too ignorant of the topic. I think it's actually a very wise thing to do even though it makes you seem shy or quiet. The truth is I'm not shy but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to converse about most things.

I have met so many people that just run their mouths off, spouting misinformation and obvious parroted opinions. People do this a lot around major elections etc.
>>
File: 1483897626820s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483897626820s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
No. There's a guy in my class at college who hates me and called me a cunt behind my back. I've literally never done a thing to him, I've never said anything about him. In my entire class I speak to only one guy, and that's because he goes out of his way to talk to me. I'm far too shy to put myself out there and initiate interaction with people but he just happened to actively try and get to know me.

So I'm guessing the reason this guy hates me is because I just ignore him and everyone in my class except my one friend, this guy has also asked my friend in the past ''does anon think he's better than all of us?''.

When I first found out he asked that it kind of upset me because I hate the idea that people assume I think I'm better than them and I just ignore people out narcissism when in actual fact it's the exact opposite, I have incredibly poor self esteem and am intimidated by almost everybody I meet, especially people my own age.

It's a shame about this guy because he's the most charismatic guy in class and I do actually find him funny, although I've never imitated conversation with him, he's actually never done so with me, that's what leaves me confused.

I'm pretty sure a good majority of my class either dislike me or just try and deny my existence because people seem kind of uncomfortable around me. I'm average looking, not ugly enough to be a sceptical but certainty not good looking by any means. I'm also very short so I guess I'm kind of forgettable.

But it does annoy me that people will just decide they dislike/hate you and want nothing to do with you despite you not doing anything to actively bother them or upset them.
>>
>>35263244
I think it's more: these people have the idea that they are a superior being, and won't put themselves in any situation that might disprove that.

They won't ask out girls and find out they're actually ugly. They won't speak in groups for people might find them boring/dumb. They won't fart in front of girls for fear of being disgusting. They won't let their bro suck them off for fear of being a sexual deviant.

They won't take ANY chance that'll disrupt the idea that they're perfect. But this layer covers the deeper layer that they are worthless.
>>
>>35263271
It's better than being a slave.

Betas are the ones who have no self-worth and get their validation by serving others. If there were no betas to support them, Chads and Stacies would cease to exist.
>>
>>35262975
I don't think I'm a narcussist, but I'd still rather avoid saying the wrong thing in conversation. I don't think I'm perfect or better than anybody else, but I do avoid contact to further avoid looking like an idiot.
>>
>>35263427
Wow, you expect me to listen to your whole life story about how someone doesn't like you? Fuck off you narcissistic twat. Stop worrying about what others think of you.
>>
>>35263428
Worthless according to who? You? Doesn't the fact that you're elevating yourself above them make you a narcissist?

That's the irony of narcissism name-calling. Only other "narcissists" care about who else is narcissistic because they're all competing for some self-righteous spotlight or social station.
>>
>>35263440
caring about others is not about validation.
>>
>>35263451
I don't understand how venting on a Mongolian woodworking board is narcissistic. I never post expecting a response

Pretty much everything posted on here is anecdotal.

>Stop worrying about what others think of you.

Easier said than done. You fuck off
>>
>>35263451
Oh so you're too good for anon and his life story? You have more important things to worry about than your fellow man? Your precious, royal attention can't be divided? Fuck off, narcissist scum.
>>
>>35263477
Sure it is, weak people must get their sense of value from the opinions of others.
>>
>>35263536
Trying to impress others and caring about others is not the same thing.
>>
>>35262975
how does one break / stop narcissism?

>just stop caring bro
it's a little hard to just stop and I feel that advise is like just beee yourself
>>
File: 1470818796519.jpg (67KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1470818796519.jpg
67KB, 680x1020px
>if you make sure to avoid speaking to others and bringing attention to yourself this means you SECRETLY actually love attention and want attention
>>
>>35263536
Not that anon but I don't see why it has to be a result of weakness. Maybe a poor sense of self. If you don't know yourself well and you want to, it's likely that you'll seek out sources that can inform you of what you are. And other people can be good for that, assuming they're honest.
>>
>>35263552
right, one is alpha and one is beta
>>35263572
>having a poor sense of self
>assuming others are honest
>not weaknesses
>>
>yfw all it takes for someone to think of you as a narcissist is for you to talk about yourself a lot
>yfw the only reason why people hate this is because you're talking about yourself and not them
>yfw people who call other people narcissists only wish people would fixate more on them than themselves, making them narcissists
>>
>>35263617
My point is that it's not a weakness in terms of being some grand, evil character flaw that you should beat yourself up over because people want you to.
>>
>>35263617
Now you are backtracking. You said weak people seek validation from others. Trying to impress others is seeking validation from others.
>>
>>35263554
You can't, you just have to get some reason to actually be narcissistic. It will never satisfy you if you're trying to be narcissistic without any real world evidence to back it up. Just accept it and start getting some accomplishments.
>>
>>35263149
Better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
>>
>>35263680
>>35263688
Don't reply to obvious bait.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.