[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here has taken the /nihilism/ pill?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: download (12).jpg (9KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
9KB, 208x242px
Who else here has taken the /nihilism/ pill?
>>
I'm building my very own ideology/mythology.
>>
>>35262261
Can it be based on my doubles?
>>
>>35262238
Ever since I realized I'm gonna die and not be remembered.
>>
nihilism is just a gayer version of taoism
>>
>>35262311
Is it mega gay that I'm both
>>
>>35262283
You don't have doubles.

I read a lot of pop sci books, some papers and a few textbooks now and then on several subjects: it is what I build it own.

Hopefully something creative will come out of it.
>>
>>35262333
commit sudoku desu
>>
Me, I guess. I don't enjoy being a nihilist or whatever, it's fucking shit, I want there to be some meaning, but there isn't. Everything is pointless and we all die unremembered eventually, and nothing we do has an impact. It's fucking shit but I can't bring myself into believing anything else, it feels like I'm just deluding myself.
idk anything about philosophy, someone please spoonfeed me and point me in the direction of something that might appeal to me
>>
>>35262368
Why Senpai the Tao wants us to all live in peace together
>I have thousands of years of bad karma from jerking it to pictures of Lolis so I'll probably be reincarnated as another shut in loser or maybe a dung beetle
>>
File: albert_camus.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
albert_camus.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>35262238
Absurdism>nihilism
>>
>>35262431
Maybe you'll get reincarnation as a bonobo and be able to have hot animal sex with ape lolis
>>
Here's where I stand on this:

We all die, and when you are dead, you might as well never have existed. Remember before you born? Exactly. That's what we're all destined to, no matter how comfortable or luxurious you make your life. Some nihilists use this to their advantage. If nothing matters, they'll do anything to pursue a dream/goal and make their life comfy.

On the other hand, I experience normal emotions like anyone. I feel like shit most of the time, and it's easy to say I want to die, but I'm scared, naturally. I'm scared of the pain, scared I could be wrong. I rarely feel happy, but not for long. I do what most people do, lie to myself and ignore things.
>>
>>35262382

If you read Nietzche, you'll see that the major upside of nihilism is that it basically destroys all of the bullshit lies you have been fed by society and allows you to build your own system of values from scratch, perfectly aware this time that the things you believe in are constructions, but at least they're your own constructions that make sense to you and serve you instead of existing just to appease the masses.
>>
>>35262699
Not that guy but from what I've read on Nietzsche, Nihilism is the bane of human existence. We find ourselves cast into it when we get dumber and dumber. It is our duty as active human consciousnesses to seek an alternative, and Nietzsche believes we need to surround ourselves in culture and arts to deviate from that. So if you subscribe to nihilism, it basically means you don't have the will power or cognitive fortitude to take existing in a social world.

Also, he believed that ascetic idealism was pointless. Sure, nihilism grants you the ability to have the self-awareness to understand society is weird but it's a double edged sword because self-fulfilling philosophies were and are retarded.
>>
I know all the secrets of the universe. Ask me anything. (nihilism is an incomplete interpretation)
>>
>>35262820
Taoism helps me cope with the thought process of being a nihilist maybe i can be reincarnated as a Stacey with a 10/10 bod and face.
>I won't most likely but there is a chance robots
>>
>>35262892
>>35262512
>>35262431

I thought most taoists didn't believe in reincarnation
>>
>>35262923
Some sects do I believe. Depends on where it historically rose from. Not all of them. Back in the day, Taoism was more of a lifestyle than a philosophy.

>>35262892
If it helps you at all, I do believe in reincarnation. It makes a lot of sense. The belief that time is circular. That being said, there is no guarentee you will be reincarnated into something else or if you'll just exist in your current consciousness for all eternity. So hopefully, you can settle down with the fact that you may be on r9k forever and eternity.
>>
>>35262923
It's more of the thought some of your soul is integrated into the life force of the earth and the other part may retain its integrity and take up another life form. It's like yin and yang part of you is connected to the great cosmos and yet you're still connected to insignificant life.
>I'm probably just going to fully integrate into the universe because I imagine my soul is shitty and unfulfilled.
>>
>>35262876
What did nihilism get right? What did it get wrong? What happens after death?
>>
>>35263062
Nihilism got nothing right. It's just a way for teenage edgelords to define their pointless existence through hedonistic living. Nihilism isn't a philosophy. It's a state of desperation. When you've exercised the limits of your mind but can't find a solution despite it being right in front of you.
>>
>>35263116
all nihilism says is there's no real point to life

it doesn't say life has no meaning, just that it only has meaning if you give it meaning yourself

if you're saying that's wrong then by all means tell me what your special secret club meaning of life is, idiot
>>
>>35263260
If you're a good goy, you get your own planet near the star Kolob.
>>
I don't see how a scientific person can be anything other than nihilist. We know our brains are made of atoms and our thoughts come from physical reactions. Souls don't exist, and people aren't fundamentally different from any other kind of chemistry. We're just smart animals, it seems ridiculous to me to say that there's some sort of objective morality hardcoded into the universe. We weren't cognizant before we were born, why would we expect to be cognizant after we're dead?
>>
>>35262238

I've taken the DUBS pill.

Check 'em.
>>
>>35263540
doesn't seem to work very well.
>>
>>35263517
Because you're a faggot lol
>>
>>35263062
Nihilism says the world is nothing. It's actually the opposite. The world is everything. However it is just as pointless as he says. When you die you're just dead. Like deleting a file on your computer.

>>35263116
not me
>>
File: 342423423432.jpg (25KB, 384x574px) Image search: [Google]
342423423432.jpg
25KB, 384x574px
>>35262460
Yeah it is kind of absurd that Camus is a nihilist but still shills his world view like it means anything
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.