[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any good advice on quitting weed? I everyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 670px-4454507-1.jpg (98KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
670px-4454507-1.jpg
98KB, 670x503px
Does anyone have any good advice on quitting weed?
I everyone says its not addictive but they're fucking liars in denial, I used to be one of them.

I've tried quitting so many times, and I usually can't even go one day without breaking down and smoking some old resin or something.
It just costs too much, and I have trouble eating when I'm not stoned.
Also I get very emotional when I'm sober, and it never used to be this bad.

Has anyone went from smoking every day to be a normal nondegenerate?
>>
I quit for now it's not hard I promise the first 2 days is but after that it's easy
>>
>>35261136
that's what I've heard. everytime people are smoking around me i cave tho
>>
>>35261024
>quitting weed
Are you fucking retarded? Weed isn't addictive you fucking normie.
>>
>>35261024
Ween yourself off

Do a mix of a little bit of alcohol and weed
>>
>>35261024
it's not physiologically addictive, retard. you don't get withdrawal from it. jogging is as addictive as cannabis.
>>
>>35261152
Shit I would too just don't hang around degenerates and you'll be good. Weeds not addictive mayne you're just dependent on it
>>
File: you are wrong.png (234KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
you are wrong.png
234KB, 500x400px
>>35261165
>>35261153
refer to image

origsz
>>
>>35261024
get past 1 week of not smoking and its easy as hell, dont buy anymore or have any laying around makes it super easy. I still smoke with friends probably every other week but thats nothing compared to the constantly being high I used to be.
>>
Addicted to weed? You are not addicted to weed you are just stuck in that semi degenerate schedule. All you need to do is just switch it up and get a healthier vice. Try excercising or something a little more productive. Blaming weed for your lack of self control is ridiculous.
>>
>>35261191
>weed is not addictive maybe you're just dependent on it
>not addictive
>dependent on it

Holy fuck the denial from people that smoke weed is amazing. I'm all for people smoking, but recognize what it is. Just like any drug it has the capacity to become addictive.
>>
>>35261289
I don't think weed is making me a degenerate, but its a large factor and I want to stop.
All these normies saying its not addictive are idiots.
The mental addiction is really hard to break for a weak willed faggot like myself.
>>
I've been a daily smoker for 3 years. 2 months ago I got a job offer I really wanted and knew I would be drug tested. I quit the next day and didn't touch the stuff until after the test. Maybe your problems are your own?
>>
>>35261024
I started running every night a hour or two before going to bed.

After running I don't feel like smoking anymore, and just want to rest.

Had been smoking every day for about 4 years before this.
>>
>>35261024
Weed is not addictive. It's completely healthy and non habit forming. Stop being brainwashed by mainstream anti drug propaganda
>>
>>35261154
Seriously dude listen to me

The other people here aren't addicted like we are

If you normally smoke about a gram just smoke like a .2-.5 try keeping it low and have 2 mildly strong drinks with it. Take NyQuil to sleep if you can't.
>>
>>35261341
Before I did this I started gradually roll thinner joints. Now my joints are really thin and I barely put in any weed, and mix with tobacco.

Quitting cold turkey will be too hard. You have to gradually smoke less and less.
>>
>>35261341
This.
I've thought about doing this, and I think todays the day to start.
>>
>>35261024
I quit smoking 2 times it's not that hard. The first time was for a drug test where I quit around a month before the test date, and the second about a couple months ago for personal/ money reasons. I quit cold turkey both times and had no urge to go back. If you are having trouble I would try reducing the amount you smoke over time over the span of maybe a month. In the end it's up to you, pick what you want to do and commit yourself to it.
>>
File: 1488535581657.jpg (44KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1488535581657.jpg
44KB, 680x383px
Get past the first five days. It gets a lot fucking easier after that.

Start exercising if you aren't already. Fucking force yourself to go for a walk, even if you don't want to. Overcoming your laziness will make you feel a lot fucking better about yourself, and you'll get a dopamine rush.

>>35261152
There's your other problem. Fucking stop giving yourself opportunities to smoke it. This is a war you're waging, if you're not fucking ruthless with yourself, you will relapse. Throw away your bongs, smash them if they're glass so you don't fish them out of the trash later. Throw away everything. Explain to your friends that you're quitting. Take a few months away.

>>35261153
Weed is the worst drug a robot could possibly take up. If you have nothing to do with your time, of course you're going to smoke it as much as you can. It makes everything fun for a while, but after some time you experience diminishing returns. You "smoke yourself sober", and you don't really get high properly anymore without stopping for weeks at a time. Thing is, weed is deceptively hard to quit. It's hard to quit because there are pretty much no repercussions to having another bong hit, it's very easy to rationalize yourself into picking it up again.
>>
>thinking you are legitimately addicted to marijuana

Please tell me this is a meme
>>
File: 1484063716706.png (75KB, 838x983px) Image search: [Google]
1484063716706.png
75KB, 838x983px
>>35261024
replace it with another drug

consider alcohol, kratom, or etizolam.
>>
>>35261686
anything that makes you feel good can be 'addictive'

some people are addicted to masturbation
>>
>>35261024
Don't put yourself around people who are smoking, duh. I was a daily smoker for several years and now I smoke a few times a month. The highs are better and you don't need as much weed to get high. Having responsibility helps--get something else to occupy your time where you really can't be high. Sure you can get psychologically addicted to pretty much anything but pot isn't going to give you awful physical withdrawal symptoms maaaybe some headaches and nausea for two days if you were stoned 24/7. It's so nice to get baked off a single hit after a tolerance break.
>>
File: 4325523.jpg (9KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
4325523.jpg
9KB, 214x235px
>>35261706
where do you get kratom? and redpill me on etizolam
>>
>>35261444
trips of truth right here
>>
>>35261817
I buy Kratom from Kraken Kratom and Phytoextractum because they offer free shipping and good prices.

Etizolam is a benzodiazepine analog that is unscheduled in most countries. It has euphoric properties and it has anxiolytic properties that are perhaps stronger than Xanax. You can buy it at a good price from Russian or Indian pharmacies online.
>>
>>35261444
>If you have nothing to do with your time, of course you're going to smoke it as much as you can. It makes everything fun for a while, but after some time you experience diminishing returns. You "smoke yourself sober", and you don't really get high properly anymore without stopping for weeks at a time.

too close to home
>>
>>35261024
End up in the hospital a week. I was too sick to even think of toking. Worked for me anon. Go stand in traffic. xD
>>
>>35261165
>doesn't know about the night sweats
>doesn't know about the hand tremors
>doesn't know about the unintentional weight loss
>doesn't know about the blinding headaches
>doesn't know about the extreme fatigue
I'm not going to keep going, take a short plane ride into a tall tower.
>>
>>35261706
The only suggestion there that isn't aids is kratom.
Why would we want to trade an unwanted, but relatively benign, marijuana addiction for the fresh hells that are alcohol and benzodiazepines?
>>
>>35261024
Fuck off. There are no physical withdrawal symptoms. You quit weed by not buying it.
>>
>>35262174
>alcohol

it's less tempting for me to drink alcohol than to smoke marijuana because the former often makes you feel like shit, so it would be less likely to become addicted to it. maybe it's different for others

>benzodiazepines

Etizolam is not a benzodiazepine.
>>
>>35261024
I quit 6 months ago when my company started doing random drug screens, just went cold turkey and threw all my shit away so I wouldn't be able to try if I wanted. I still think about it a lot though, doing mundane shit sucks without it like cleaning and cooking. There are a lot of times I still wish I could smoke but you get over it, and I'm making too much at my job to quit or find a better one
>>
File: 1419854864354.jpg (15KB, 320x290px) Image search: [Google]
1419854864354.jpg
15KB, 320x290px
>>35262093
>doesn't know about the night sweats
Never had them or know anyone who has from weed.
>doesn't know about the hand tremors
what?
>doesn't know about the unintentional weight loss
I wish that was a symptom of weed consumption, If anything it has made me gain weight.
>doesn't know about the blinding headaches
(((low tolerance detected)))
>doesn't know about the extreme fatigue
Okay you are right about that one, but it happens very rarely.

I believe every substance is bad for you in excess, but some are more dangerous then others like like alcohol more so then weed. the trick is not to abuse these substances to the degree where you are depended upon them.
>>
>>35261322
like you said its a "mental" addiction. You can get mentally addicted to anything- video games, masturbation etc.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.