[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been a NEET for 10 years how do i explain this at a job interview

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: oldpepe.jpg (11KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
oldpepe.jpg
11KB, 226x223px
ive been a NEET for 10 years how do i explain this at a job interview
>>
>>35260744
tell them you've been hustling, getting mad street cred
>>
I'm going full NEET in a few months after a long stint of working. My plan is to start a part-time business so that I can have some filler in my resume if I need/want to go back to work.

I'm not convinced it has to be much, just something to talk about.

If you haven't already, my advice is to either take an online course, start a blog, or just try some things out. Being NEET is a gift in a sense, but use that time for *something*

A great website to look at is ranprieur.com. I admire this guy quite a bit. He's the real-deal NEET and has escaped society to live in his own way.
>>
I'm going on one year and I'm starting to get nervous as well. I still haven't resolved my mental issues and I sincerely doubt I'll overcome them and get a job by June (1 year anniversary of my highschool graduation).
>>
Just put fake wagecuck experience on your resume

How old are you?
>>
>>35260744
How did you manage to live without a job for 10 years and why do you suddenly need it?
>>
Say you were traveling the world and read some shit about foreign countries online and make up anecdotes.
>>
>>35260984
Hmm, that's a good question. What have you been doing and why do you just need a job now after 10 years? Did you take too much out of your nest egg too fast?

Did you have a plan when you went NEET, OP? I'm guessing not. I'd say to any aspiring NET to always have a plan.
>>
>>35260744
Make shit up and hope they don't ask too many questions.
If you aim low enough you'll eventually find someone who's desperate enough to not care about your past
>>
Tell them that you had to stay home to take care of a sick family member that died recently.
>>
Say you dedicated yourself to your religion, but due to various reasons, your religious beliefs have changed.
>>
I've been NEET since December 2007 and often wonder to myself about this question.

I honestly thing at this point it's best to come clean.

"I've not worked because I've been suffering from anxiety, depression & avoidance issues for almost half my life. "

It's not like they can complain after that cause it'd be discrimination.
>>
>>35260744
Tell them that you were,

a) Caring for a sick family member that has just recently (and tragically) died. You couldn't work full-time so just picked up odd jobs here and there (as handyman, elder care, babysitting, whatever).

b) Military service (unless your physical appearance obviously forbids this). Thaaaat's right, it's considered deplorable as hell to pretend to have served, but literally no job will actually call the military to verify your story. (OK, large companies will do it for high-paying jobs. But if you're trying to work as a file clerk at your local real estate office, there is a 0% chance they will check.)

c) Consultant. If you have a remotely applicable degree or experience, or can even just BS your way to knowing about computers, say you were a consultant for that thing. It might be hard, but if you can dig up 2 friends, cousins, siblings, etc. to act as references, you're golden. Reason for getting full time job? "Getting harder to obtain new clients, so much competition, need steady reliable income, etc.."

That's just off the top of my head.

If you're not a good liar you're fukt, tho.
>>
>>35260744
Say you worked at your uncles farm
>>
File: fedup.jpg (19KB, 621x414px) Image search: [Google]
fedup.jpg
19KB, 621x414px
DON'T lie about it. I have tried the following lies and ALL have been easily beaten back (NEET for 5 years)

>I have been travelling for the last 5 years
They always ask where I went. I can't name more than 6 countries (France, England, USA, Russia, China, Yugoslavia), and have bad memory loss issues so can't remember more. I also can't describe the countries so it isn't believable.

>I was super obese and lost 600lbs this year
They lose trust especially if you can't produce pictures, and also, if you apply for a food job they won't trust you

>You are downs syndrome
They ask why it isn't on your CV

>You were a youtube celebrity
They ask to see videos

>You worked at a place that is out of business
Business owners know all other businesses. I once told a McDonalds manager that I worked for 10 years in a local pet shop that went out of business and when he rejected me, he told me that he knew 'Animals without Buns' wasn't a pet shop.

>I was homophobic and didn't want to work with gays
They will think you aren't a team player

I will never have a job because I have no charisma and lies don't work. You have to have charisma or you're f8cked.
>>
>>35261002
I did this, then I started working and people started asking me for photos of my trips, I said I broke my phone.
>>
>>35261264
>Military service
I wouldn't go with this. Coworkers WILL find out and when they do you'll have to keep your story up. Caring for a family member is an easy one to pull off as long as you decide which family member it was and what they were sick with
>>
File: 1480761712498.jpg (41KB, 381x539px) Image search: [Google]
1480761712498.jpg
41KB, 381x539px
>>35260744
>>35261127
No, it's better to tell that you were occupied in your familys business
Tell them something like "I helped my aunt to paint furniture and stuff"
>>
>>35261293
Just show them a YouTube channel that's all animated shit and say it's yours
>>
>>35260744
Kek i remember when i had explain half year unemployment gap. But I got nice comfy job as train engineer I don't have 2 deal with ppl etc. perfect robot friendly job.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.