[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a theory

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: shadowgate-1280x720[1].png (11KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shadowgate-1280x720[1].png
11KB, 1280x720px
It's very simple, but I think it's very strong.

I believe that everyone is going to go insane in the next 100 years.

And the reason for that is because when people die the photos and videos of them do not disappear.

As time goes by more photos and videos of dead people will be around, to the point where it will become overwhelming and create a culture of depression and insanity as we are faced with the stark reality of death. One moment you are alive and vital. The next you are dead.

You may say photos and videos have been around a long. But not like this. Old photos faded. Old videos were poor quality. And there were far less of them. New photos never degrade.

There's no escape from this.
>>
>>35255312
Why should I look at photos of long-dead strangers? I honestly don't care about them.
>>
I'm ready to embrace the new insanity you propose
It must be better than this
>>
>>35255312
nah. people mature and cherish memories but it doesn't drive them insane.

but it's nice to read something sort of original here. got any other theories?
>>
>>35255450
Not OP, but there is going to be a huge suicide wave within the next 20 or so years because of the latent and repressed (muh parents meme) suicide contagion that's spread throughout the internet.
>>
>>35255362
You won't be able to get away from it. The internet will be filled with images people who died a long time ago.
>>
>>35255450
It's not so much about the images of people you know, it's about the culture of the past not fading.

Some important things will happen:

1. Nothing will seem original because old media will still be around to compare to what is currently being produced.

2. Trends will not progress and evolve because the same old media will continually retard it.

3. Because of this a malaise will come over society as they realize everything of note, every emotion, every creativity has already been done and can be viewed on a whim. This will make current life seem meaningless in a way you can't get away from.
>>
>>35255559
Maybe. But even 50 years from now, when you can strap on your Internet Goggles by Facebook to shop, visit distant lands and say hi to grandpa you'll still look back at us as primitive. Just like we do for older people. Maybe. I dunno.
>>
This reminds me of an episode of black mirror
Wish there was a new season
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.