[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial Arts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 1469405971730.jpg (48KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1469405971730.jpg
48KB, 1024x576px
Anyone on here also practice martial arts and if so, what is it?

>Boxing
>Jiu-jitsu
>>
>>35249036
Boxing. It is the only martial art that will actually prepare you for a fight as I know what being hit feels like. I remember when I was a kid my friend who did karate said he could beat everyone's ass at my kid's boxing gym. He literally went down after about two punches from some other kid boxer, as he'd never had a contact fight.
>>
>>35249212

Yeah, boxing has been great and gives me a bit more confidence in case I ever get into a fight.

>also lol
>>
>>35249036
Krav Maga is the only useful and applicable martial art
>>
>>35249036
Japanese Jujitsu. it's the best
>>
File: sagat gameplay.webm (388KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
sagat gameplay.webm
388KB, 640x272px
Last I did was Muay Thai for 1.5 years. Great stuff to know just how much damage you can do and take but now I just lift because tight schedules. Want to try Judo sometime.

Don't sign up for anything that doesn't have active sparring.
>>
ufc
>>
>>35249036
i practiced taekwondo when i was a kid, stopped because i couldn't fully understand the instructor's language and it was boring to smash people onto the ground constantly

>fast forward 10+ years
i regret this one the most
wing chun kung fu, went for 2 months, my knees hurted like hell thanks to the retarded fighting stance but this isn't the worst part
the worst part is
>fully surrounded by friendly and very social people
>i'm a natural loner, absolutely hated it
>get paired with other newbies
>these included a 10 yo, 1 extremely downie/autistic guy, 1 girl (these were both of my age and height)
>one of the veteran chads starts hitting on the girl, they start training together from this point forward (before this i was paired with her and the downie was with an instructor)
>let's pair anon with the downie (FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU)
>the downie can't control his strength, but i play it off
>downie is absent one day
>thank god
>let's pair anon with the 12yo
>this is the breaking point
>the kid was as tall as my leg
>literally can't do anything
>stop going altogether
>few days later i get a call from the sifu, pleading me that i should return, they are more organized now, i will get paired properly, etc.
>fuck you
>put the phone on the table
>play vidya while he's begging the table
>eventually the phone goes silent

what really made me lose my shit was that i was quite determined about it, i really wanted to learn and to be stronger
the girl was complaining why was i so serious during training
bitch, i didn't sped good money on this shit to fuck around

well, never again
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1920x1080px
>>35249553
I wouldnt say its the only one thats useful and applicable, but its definitely one id like to learn.

>>35249585
Do you know whats the difference between japanese and brazilian jujitsu?

>>35249931
Been also learning Muay Thai, but not practicing it as much as I do boxing and Jujitsu.

>>35249962
>lol
>>
>>35250052
forgot to add

>fast forward 3 years
>/uni/ time
>surprise surprise the downie is there
>please god no
>he approaches me as a lost best friend
>he does this shit ever since
>he keeps asking me retarded questions, but the same questions always, no matter how many times i answer them
>>
File: Punch.jpg (77KB, 662x370px) Image search: [Google]
Punch.jpg
77KB, 662x370px
Boxing for 5 years.
I could have turned into an even bigger failure if it wasn't for that sport.
>fat as fuck
>couldn't get off the computer
>absolutely autistic
I miss my coaches and teammates.
>>
>>35250052
I know this feel kinda
>used to spar mostly with my brother
>being the fucking junkie he is he fucks off
>have to spar with the younger kids, and girls
>feel bad when I beat them
Eventually the coaches noticed that I'm probably ready to fight the more experienced kids, though there was a girl among them, but she was fucking fast.
>>
File: 1477281535555.png (363KB, 826x787px) Image search: [Google]
1477281535555.png
363KB, 826x787px
>>35250067
Would you reccomend jujitsu? Since you're asking that other anon about jap I assume yours is the huemonkey variation.
>>
>>35250450

Nice observation, but I do recommend jujitsu, the coaches who train me tend to add other grappling techniques.
But overall its something good to have in your arsenal, especially if you ever find yourself being on the ground.
>>
>>35250851
Thanks m8. Guess I'll prioritize throws and submissions for now.
>>
>>35250067
The difference is that japanese jujitsu has throws, ground work, and some strikes. Bjj is just ground work of jjj, so its like kickboxing without the kicking
>>
File: 1467511729403.png (350KB, 568x413px) Image search: [Google]
1467511729403.png
350KB, 568x413px
>>35251572
Definitely prioritize submissions.

>>35251697

Ahh okay, puts things into perspective for me. I definitely would like to learn some JJJ, especially to learn some throws.
>>
>>35251971
good luck finding a jjj dojo
>>
File: 1476685082259.jpg (32KB, 415x292px) Image search: [Google]
1476685082259.jpg
32KB, 415x292px
>>35252088

Thanks, im sure it wont be easy but with my luck all I need is just time.
>>
Tae-Kwon-Do. Started doing that from age 6 to 13.

It was okay, i guess.
>>
>>35249212
wrestling
dumbass
>>
>>35253232
I do judo. I teach and compete. Just got my San dan.
>>
>>35253265
I'd still pin you lol.olol.ol.
>>
>>35253232
>>35253314
>wrestling
Maybe if you're trying to rape a defenseless girl, I could see how that could be applicable in a real world scenario, but other than that, I don't any other purpose.
>>
Kenshiro vs Jonathan who wins?
>>
>took karate class in 3rd grade

eh I was on a huge wrestling team in middle school and ended up pretty decent
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.