[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have ADHD? What's it like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: adhd-brain1.jpg (68KB, 376x243px) Image search: [Google]
adhd-brain1.jpg
68KB, 376x243px
Do you have ADHD?

What's it like?
>>
It fucking sucks. I forget things all the time, I don't have focus during certain times of the day, and I'm emotionally all over the place
>>
Caffeine calms my mind instead of hyping it, it's pretty chill if you learn how to control it and not be an autist
>>
>tfw love studying and learning but it's literally an uphill battle with my own mind
>forget the things I rigorously study and remember the things I don't care about
>here lately I have been forgetting things more frequently
>feels like my mind is slipping away from me
I have been diagnosed when I was younger. I don't know if this is it getting worse or what but holy hell I hate it.
>>
>>35245699
Feels like you don't know what the fuck do you like or want to do.
You most of the times have hard time enjoying things because it just doesn't have the level of hype ADHD needs for you to feel something.
>>
>>35245699
>brain being more active is a disorder
>this is what normies actually believe

feeble brainlets, fear what you will never understand
>>
>>35245911
You clearly don't know anything about adhd
>>
ADD is far worse than ADHD. At least Hfags have energy :(
>>
File: 1479842651045.png (85KB, 606x505px) Image search: [Google]
1479842651045.png
85KB, 606x505px
>>35245857
>>35245796
>>35245777
ADHD is hell. I've been medicated for 10 years and I've slowly built up a tolerance to my meds. I feel myself regressing back into uselessness.

I'm a university student. I've made it this far by struggling and learning to adapt/cope. Let me tell you what it's like now for me, EVEN ON my Vyvanse 60mg

>Trying to eat dinner with a friend
>I'm like half there
>There's a song looping in my brain
>Focused on the water droplets on his glass
>Dividing my attention between the T.V. (the 'ooh shiny!' meme is actually real) and another conversation which is occurring one table over
>Focused on how loud it sounds when I bite into my carrot
>The curls of his hair
>Oh the way his plate looks when I look at it through the water glass
>Wait what the fuck is he saying
>WHY WON'T THE SONG STOP I CAN'T FOCUS ON WHAT HE'S SAYINg
>Have to play catchup in my brain while everything happens to me at once
>Come away with only half the information
>Terrible, clumsy conversation thereafter because I can never keep up
>Makes me feel like shit and inadequate socially because I'm so impulsively distracted all the time because EVERYTHING demands my attention
>Non-stop motion
>Body is sore because I've been moving and twitching all day

I had to take like five breaks in writing this.

I'm going to see my doctor soon to change my med and my dosage. I want off this ride

>>35245979
ADD doesn't exist anymore.

You're either ADHD-PI (Primarily inattentive), ADHD-PH (Primarily hyperactive) or ADHD-C (Combined)
>>
File: C5Y0-VUUoAAEw3g.jpg:large.jpg (74KB, 466x800px) Image search: [Google]
C5Y0-VUUoAAEw3g.jpg:large.jpg
74KB, 466x800px
>>35245699
im diagnosed with add but I'm convinced it's not actually a thing. Amphetamines make me more focused just as they would make anybody more focused.
>>
>>35246028
I dunno man. Meds don't energize me. They focus and calm me
>>
File: CTN8GFgUsAEk3tC.jpg (59KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CTN8GFgUsAEk3tC.jpg
59KB, 1024x1024px
>>35245998
>There's a song looping in my brain
Fuck. Every time. Fucking torture.
>>
File: 1464585384530.jpg (37KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1464585384530.jpg
37KB, 633x758px
>>35246050
THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE
THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE
>Hey anon, how was your day?
"Oh it was (THE WORLD) it was great man! How was (THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE) yours?
>(THE WORLD IS) Oh it was pretty cool, I (A BEAUTIFUL) met up with Stacy and we (PLACE) had some cof(THE)ffee WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE)
"N-Nice" (What did he say??)

I know this is common for a lot of people but holy hell do you also get stuck on the loops like they're the only thing in the world to focus on?
>>
File: 1488421684447.jpg (108KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1488421684447.jpg
108KB, 1080x1349px
>>35246045
Which medications have you taken? And also I don't believe you
>>
>>35246123
Concerta
Focalin
Vyvanse

Concerta:
>Barely slept or ate
>Skelly mode
>No longer a spazz
>Doing much better in school

Focalin
>Heart beating out of my chest
>No longer a spazz
>Doing really well in school
>Sweating
>Zombified

Vyvanse
>Pissing a lot
>No bump in focus or energy

I'm going to try Adderall next, hopefully. I want to get this solved so I can get on with my life
>>
>>35246123
not him but I've been on adderall, strattera, and concerta

Adderall hyped me up, strattera made me puke every morning, but concerta actually did calm me down and make me more focused
>>
File: 1490256112002.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1490256112002.png
9KB, 205x246px
>>35246050
>listening to music in my brain when trying to listen in class
any pills to get rid of this? bonus points if it causes weight loss or decrease of appetite.
>>
>>35246228
Concerta my friend.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.