[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arranged Marriage

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: ying yang.jpg (4KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
ying yang.jpg
4KB, 227x222px
I was born in the west, but where my parents come from arranged marriage is the norm. They expect me to have one as well. At first I was really against it, wanted to choose my own wife through love and not be matched up. But, that didn't really happen for me, and I feel really relieved that I have arranged marriage as a backup. It just good to have as a failsafe. Still gonna look for someone on my own, but that probably isn't gonna happen. Anyway, my question is, what is your thoughts on arranged marriage?
>>
>>35244210
I didnt know chinks still did aranged marriages
>>
>>35244262
pic unrelated if that's what you mean. not a chink btw.
>>
>>35244262
I didn't know this either. I've mostly only heard of Indians getting arranged marriages, sometimes dense Arab communities.
>>
Arraigned marriages were a good thing back when marriage was to join two households and pool their resources for more power or wealth, but now they're just pointless when marriage is just a means for a woman to acquire a meal ticket
>>
>>35244210
But your wife will also be Chinese, you'll never get respect
>>
>>35244322
I hear it's most of south asia and middle east. Also, they have some sort of arranged marriage thing in Japan and South Korea.
>>
>>35244373
Okay, for the last time. I'm not chinese.
>>
>>35244397
what are you then faggot why don't you just say or do you want more(You)s
>>
>>35244356
If it's two people looking for someone to love and start a family with it's pretty good.
>>
>>35244425

That's not really an arraigned marriage then. AM are when your parents decide who you will marry and you have little to no say in it.
>>
>>35244412
The fuck does it matter? Fine, I'm Pakistani. Happy now?
>>
>>35244412
I'm from Hong Kong, asshole
>>
>>35244446
Yeah, but still you get someone to be with and that is wholly committed to starting a life with you. Also, it's not like your parents will get you someone ugly and stupid.
>>
are >>35244450 OP

or are >>35244458
>>
>>35244210
It was traditional in western society before everything went to shit. Funny, isn't it?
>>
>>35244210
go fuck yourself you fucking street shitter. get the fuck back to your own shithole you fucking piece of shit. i would tell you to jump to the toiled you belong and flush yourself, but you don't even have one. fucking human garbage
>>
>>35244500
Was it better or worse that way though?
>>
>>35244458
Dude, wtf? I'm OP here.
>>35244492
I am, the Pakistani one.
>>
File: 1462316635832.jpg (54KB, 400x519px)
1462316635832.jpg
54KB, 400x519px
>>35244210
>Anyway, my question is, what is your thoughts on arranged marriage?

also an Indian here, I think it's weird that your parents are considering arranged marriage for you

only very traditional parents would still want that for their american born children, in fact, virtually none of the indian parents I know, even the traditional ones who are very religious and have big ass shrines for ganesh and shit like that in their houses, aren't thinking of arranging a marriage for their kids

but I agree with you that especially as a robot I think I would prefer if my parents were considering arranged marriage, it makes life a lot easier for me, and even if impressing the girl is still something I need to worry about at the first meeting, there's still an expectation that the meeting may result in marriage, so it's just less stressful overall I suppose

that being said, any woman who is having a marriage arranged for them in the US is not gonna be a 9/10, you know what I mean?

They aren't gonna be some qt who is interested in anime and plays Yume Nikki and likes /jp/ type stuff and shit like that, they are gonna be some boring ass girl with no interests except like Indian dancing

Also my parents had their marriage arranged by my dad's parents, and I have to say, that's a major reason why I wouldn't want one - my mother is a piece of fucking horse shit of a human being, and anyone she had a hand in choosing wouldn't be someone who I respected, I do not respect or trust her opinion whatsoever.

I suppose even if I never do get married, I am fine with not having an arranged marriage - having no marriage at all is preferable to how my father was treated for the last 50 years of his life after marriage.
>>
>>35244210
All my Chinese friends got married happily without arranged marriage.
>>
>>35244663
>All my Chinese friends got married happily without arranged marriage.
no chinese people are arranged marriaged though
>>
>>35244663
ffs, forget chinese people. We aren't talking about chinese people. Stop mentioning the chinese.
>>
>>35244458
lmao HK people don't have arranged marriages you LARPing faggot
>>
>>35245506
Op why did u pick that image than
>>
File: 1460158619212.png (112KB, 535x505px) Image search: [Google]
1460158619212.png
112KB, 535x505px
>>35245580
>Op why did u pick that image than
not OP but it's more a buddhist symbol than a chinese specific symbol

and he didnt even say the pic was related
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.