[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really that bad to be a neet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: ny.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ny.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
I don't have the drive to work.
I'm just going to uni, doing a shitty career I don't even enjoy so my parents don't get mad.
I'm happy with just sitting all day in front of the computer and going to the gym.
Why must I do "something with my life" If I don't want to? my parents brought me to this world againts my will and now they bitch because I don't want to do shit.
>>
File: 1488307235188.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1488307235188.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>35243596
Being a NEET is not only not bad, it's an ideal state of being. What's the point of cucking yourself out, working long hours, doing menial tasks that you hate and associating with other mindless drones; you could be at home playing vidya, browsing /r9k/ and beating off, with your parents paying for the whole hedonistic experience. Only get a job if you absolutely have to.
>>
>>35243596
Wagie memes are funny, but I'm gonna level with you dude. Being a NEET is cool and kind of excusable in your late teens and early twenties, but you're fucking yourself. Think ahead, to when you're rapidly approaching 30 and have no skills or qualifications or work experience. A middle aged man with nothing to offer the rest of the world looks pretty fucking pathetic.

As the years pass, your parents will become worried, then scared, then resentful as their prodigy continues to leech off them with no prospects for the future. If you don't at least find your career path interesting, there's still enough time to find something you're content with.
>>
>>35243596
>finish uni 4 months ago
>been applying for entry level jobs into my industry (public relations) since then
>live rurally, takes 1 hour to drive to nearest city
>this morning parents indicate their frustrations at me (instead of the job market lmao)
>they demand i drive into the city and knock on every damn firm's door that is related to what I study
Yeah nah id rather be a pathetic neet than waste my time & neetbux getting 30 rejections
>>
you don't really choose to be a neet, the neet life chooses you, there are some really unlucky unfortunate people in this world who've tried everything but have no choice to becoming a neet.
>>
File: 34c.jpg (29KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
34c.jpg
29KB, 330x357px
>spammed my resume everywhere this week
>interview today with staffing agency
>it's for an actually decent job, $16 an hour to start
>agency guy said he'd call back after talking to client
>around 12:30 he said
>4:15 and I've heard nothing

Much more of this and I'm just gonna go and work in the back of some shitty restaurant where I'm not expected to be sane or sober.
>>
>>35245261
Lots of people choose to be NEET, myself included. I have no interest in the rat race. By all evidence we are in this world to do nothing. What to do? Where to go? Do nothing and go nowhere, easy enough.
>>
>>35244093
Because doing this chronically inevitable leads to depression
>>
It's pathetic because you are choosing to fail based on nothing more than a refusal to grasp that everyone needs to support themselves as adults.

You could choose any career you wanted within reason and feel nothing like a slave but instead you fixate on mediocrity and frame it as representing every job available.
>>
>>35245772
we all start off thinking we're going to make it, then one thing happens after the next and its gotten so bad NEET is literally the only thing worthwhile to do. Of course anyone would choose a nice career over neet but in the real world that doesn't always happen.
>>
>>35245886

If you're still in college and whining like a bitch like the OP, you're literally an overgrown child who needs to make better decisions about the future.
>>
>>35245425
just get a job washing dishes. i did i got hired on today seen they were hiring from the job agency. applied online went down there manager said 'i hired you go home and electronically go in our system fill out your w4, i9, etc'. start 3pm on monday.

simple shit.
>>
>>35243596
It's pretty fucking bad but the alternative of real life is way worse.
>>
>>35245772
thye probably haven't been put into a position where htey need to support themselves like get a job or go on disability because their parents or someone is enabling them.

once that money, food, possibly house is cut out of the picture they'll grow up fast and do what they need to get money so they can eat/survive.

back in the old days when you turned 18 it was figure it out join the military get food/room/board, or get a job and find your own way in life. nowadays families are enabling hteir kids too much neets are pathetic but what is more pathetic is the people enabling them to do shit all nothing.
>>
>>35243596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc1YURMkwQw
>>
>>35245954
But I'm not whining.
Why should I be productive? I mean I could kill myself, but that would be too easy for my parents
>>
Hey I'm all for being NEET as long as you don't sponge off anyone else. But to get what they call 'fuck you money', you need to do something to accumulate that at first
>>
>>35244358
>your parents will become worried, then scared, then resentful as their prodigy continues to leech off them with no prospects for the future
that'd be entirely their fault though. They wanted to have children, not they have to deal with the cosnequences
>>
>>35247097
Who's fault it would be won't matter if they just decide to give you the boot, lol. You can argue semantics all you want, it won't help you be NEET.

Honestly, if you really (and I mean really) want the NEET life, check out some of the early retirement sites. People have done it in only a few years.
>>
>>35247253
>>Who's fault it would be won't matter if they just decide to give you the boot
>Implying parents have the drive to kick their children out
>>
>>35247410
Well, more generally, who's fault it is won't matter when any bad things happen. And if you don't have a plan for NEET life, you'll always run into trouble
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.