[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many robots play ARPGs? Also, PoE vs Diablo3 thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: path of exile.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
path of exile.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
How many robots play ARPGs?
Also, PoE vs Diablo3 thread
>>
>>35242200
>PoE vs Diablo3
lmao
not even people who play d3 would argue in favor of it over poe
>>
File: poe_shavronnes_wrapping_6l.jpg (104KB, 331x354px) Image search: [Google]
poe_shavronnes_wrapping_6l.jpg
104KB, 331x354px
>>35242235
as the debate is appearantly void, have a endgame unique
>>
>>35242281
not even a +1 shavs
>>
>>35242461
still at least 30 ex
>>
>>35242481
in breach at least
>>
>>35242200
kind of abandoned since last months of 2015, I will be back after deleting my low level charas, and starting a new in slef found.
i have a 80+ witch but leveling is horrible
>>
Who /torchlight 2/ here?
>>
I'll play some this weekend since there's a new league starting.

Also if you don't play hardcore you suck.
>>
>>35242828
>Also if you don't play hardcore you suck.
yeah nothing like dying from lag spike, right?
>>
>>35242200
I don't think there's even debate on that man, PoE is clearly better.
Still been some time since I last played it though, HC deaths can be pretty crushing.
>>35242281
How much did you have to pay for that you rich motherfucker?
>>
Diablo II is still the king of ARPGs
>>
>>35242200

PoE is pretty fun. I enjoyed playing with my archer and firing elemental arrows.

It got old though, since it's the same thing over and over and over again. That has more to do with ARPG's in general.
>>
>>35242847
Enjoy your tame playing experience, granny.
>>
>>35242902
by the end of this year there will be a continous progress from level 1 to endgame, like six new acts is confirmed by GGG
>>
>>35242932

oh nice, I'll probably play more in that case.
>>
>>35242886
>How much did you have to pay for that you rich motherfucker?
about three-fiddy
>>
>>35242894
Does anyone still play it?
I like the aesthetics and gear, but the mechanics are antiquated.
>>
>>35242774
Clicking away on Torchlight 2 while drinking is comfy AF.
>>
>>35242498
naw because that one's legacy
>>
>tfw one of the ways of spotting a patrician is when he knows that D2/POE is an ARPG and not an "RPG" (which should be reserved for WRPG/CRPG)
>tfw one of the ways of spotting a pleb is that someone likes Diablo 3
>tfw conflicted

Are you patrician or pleb, OP?
>>
I've played both, and if you overlook the subpar gameplay of diablo 3 and that obvious fact that diablo 2 is much more fun to play, the story in diablo 3 was much more intriguing to me than poe and at least made the experience better for the first playthru
>>
>>35244418
OP here
i don't like D3, i just wanted to start the argument again
>>
>>35242200
ah path of exile, i tried playing it but my computer couldnt handle it
>>
does POE allow any fun/gimmick builds? pretty much every guide i've read says you must do this thing called "shotgunning", ie. pressing 1 key over and over to kill everything on the screen

which, as someone not familiar with this genre, sounds shit
>>
>>35244972
Diablo 2 was a bit more like that.

Many if not most builds were still cookie-cutters designed for max damage output and health, but at least each one had its own way of doing it. Some were more "shotgun"-esque than others, but some were cool, like Whirlwind. But the real fun of the game, at least for me, was in finding retarded builds that make traditionally unviable or unpopular skillsets decent, like a Poison Dagger Necromancer, or a Sacrifice Paladin who almost kills himself every time he hits an enemy so he has to have like 80% life leech per hit.

You might like D2. It's still a bit grindy, but if it's your first run through the game it won't seem as much like a grind, if you pick a build that gets some of its major skills early on (i.e., you're not waiting until level 30 to fucking do anything).

Also D2 still looks beautiful to me since it's just paper sprites, but I'm old as shit so I'm biased. Apparently it looks hideous to youngfags.
>>
>>35244956
Even my nearly a decade old integrated graphics laptop can run it, what kind of computer do you have?
>>
I play d3.
>>
>tfw Titan's quest will never have a proper successor
>>
>>35245253

Was titan quest even any good later on? Everyone hyped it to me as a "spiritual successor" or something like that to d2, but I just got bored really quickly playing it and went back to d2.
>>
>>35245253
>>35245322
Titan Quest was bad. I played the shit out of it and the expansions but in hindsight it was just because I'd play anything at the time.

It just wasn't fun, man. All the classes were samey and the animations were wooden and unsatisfying. Everything was slow and float-y. Fuck Titan Quest.
>>
>>35245351

This is how I felt about PoE after playing D3 too. I go back to the latter every season but uninstalled the former a long time ago.
>>
>>35245423
How can you even stand the itemization and cookie cutter builds?
>>
File: classes03.jpg (42KB, 542x330px) Image search: [Google]
classes03.jpg
42KB, 542x330px
>>35245187
>ywn play D2 in the golden age ever again
>ywn again get home from school eager to peep what your bot clients found while you were out
>ywn again slam some goober for 800fg ft5 with your pure smiter after he talked smack
>ywn again cause everyone in public duel games to call you a 'hacker' by desynching constantly with your glass cannon full frw bowzon
>ywn again tppk the top ladder hdin bots
>ywn (ever) again play through single player D2 for the first time, thinking this is the most fun you've ever had in your life
>>
>>35245517

What do you mean? Ever since Legacy of Nightmares rings became a thing I have fun trying to make unconventional builds. I think they really need to make a few more "generalist" things like that, that can compete with the sets, but my main gripe with itemization these days has been how easy it is to get pieces you're after and then the game turns into "rerolling for ancients forever"
>>
>>35245601
i know most of those feels. except i was one of the best ele druids on euw. good nostalgia anon
>>
>>35244972
you can go pretty far in maps with any build that has a modicum of thought put into it. They might not have crazy clear speed or be able to farm the ultra-lategame bosses but even memebuilds work to some degree.
>>
>>35244972
PoE can allow for some very very interesting gimmick builds, your clear speed and situational survivability may vary though.
In hardcore your options are definitely more limited, but you can still do some interesting things even there.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.