[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do atheists fear the nothingness after death?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: download (14).jpg (10KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
10KB, 240x210px
Do atheists fear the nothingness after death?
>>
>>35240590
Personally, I don't since I see it as liberation from life. Feeling nothing at all sounds better than having to struggle and barely get by in life
>>
I've got a few good memories that are beyond special to me.
Those memories are my heaven as far as I'm concerned.
The thought of them being lost one day is driving me toward literal insanity.
>>
Living eternally sounds worse then hell. Ah, sweet nothingness of death.
>>
>>35240590
>>35241002
>>35240635
Are you still teenagers?
>>
The release of existence sounds alright 2bh
>>
It's not like we're aware that we are dead.

I don't fear nothingness when I sleep and I didn't feel nothingness before I was born.
>>
>>35241032
You can tell by the way they're typing their retardation they haven't had one of ''those'' nights yet.
>>
>>35241032
Why would you assume this? My mommy says I'm old enough :^)
>>
>>35241032
>Im afraid of nothing so I need a heaven to make me feel better
>Someone disagrees with me? Better call them children!
>>
Why should I feel nothingness?
It does not hurt, it does not cause me misery
>>
>>35240590
Who needs fear when you have a brainwashing machine?
>>
>>35241076
>>35241077
>>35241079
bl00dy shitcunts
>>
>>35241059
unironically this and I'm christian. I don't want to live forever can you imagine dieing, going to heaven, and then being forced ro live for an eternity? It would get boring really fast and soon enough you would try to kill yourself. But oh wait you don't have a body anymore, just an immortal soul so now you turn depressed, but of course you're not allowed to die. If heaven is real I hope we each get our own personal off switch.
>>
File: Cross-Easter.jpg (1MB, 2946x1951px) Image search: [Google]
Cross-Easter.jpg
1MB, 2946x1951px
Reminder that Christians use social experiences and morals instead of "literal facts" to create their perspectives on life and death.

Meanwhile, the atheist thinks he can develop a perspective behind a computer screen, picking out trivial facts given out by various clickbait sites to support his lack of life skills and experience.

Just shows how dependant the "independent" atheist really is...
>>
File: Download (4).jpg (7KB, 225x225px)
Download (4).jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>nothingness after death
>how are you supposed to experience it if youre fucking dead
>>
>>35240590
No, when I die I won't feel anything, it's like being asleep.
>>
The only thing I fear is not getting my shit together and enjoying a stable life before death takes me. I can't imagine a worse feeling than knowing you're about to die and realizibg how little you've actually accomplished.
>>
I wanna do something of note so I'll be remembered after I leave.

I don't fear death, but I fear fading into obscurity
>>
>>35242011
>nothingness
>experience
Congrats on contradicting your own post.
>>
>>35241647
>Reminder that Christians use social experiences and morals instead of "literal facts"

So basically Christians do not care about objectivity, only their emotions.

Sounds about right.
>>
>>35240590
Atheism is the most hypocritical concept i've come across to date.

They're people who say they know 100% without a doubt there is no god.

While laughing their asses off at

People who say they know 100% without a doubt there is a god.

Agnosticism is the only true scientific approach to the god question.
>>
>>35242161
That's not what atheism is though you moron!!
>>
File: confy cat.jpg (110KB, 675x703px) Image search: [Google]
confy cat.jpg
110KB, 675x703px
Atheist or not, I really hope there's nothing after death.

Being forgotten for the eternity is really comforting.
>>
>>35240590
>do atheists fear nothing
What do you think?
>>
>>35242229
It's modern atheism to the T, honestly
>>
>>35242161
agnostics are always retarded idiots who have no idea what they are saying, but want to seem smarter than everyone else.

for instance, you describe agnosticism as scientific which shows you don't have any idea what science is.
>>
>>35242161
If you showed me scientific proof of Santa right now I would believe in Santa.

But if you asked me instead if I believed in Santa I would say No

Am I "agnostic" about Santa? Or can I reasonably conclude he doesn't exist till I get evidence otherwise?
>>
>christcucks think there's life after death

is there anything more hilarious
>>
>>35241076
Not them but what do you mean one of "those" nights?

And don't give a "pfft you wouldn't get it" cop out answer either
>>
I'd wager that there's an equal amount of atheists who don't fear death, and fear it strongly.

Just because they know that there will be nothingness at the end, doesn't mean they'll be welcoming to it.
I'm personally scared of the end, because I'm full of regret as it is.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.