[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Let me preface with the fact that I am not a robot, but a "cyborg".

How do fellow cyborgs and robots feel about the statement: "It is better to have love and lost (and never find love again) than to have never loved at all".

>I was in love once, only once, and I lost. And I will never find love again (due to certain circumstances). I still don't know which side of the question I believe. I feel that depending on which side you fall on influences yours belief (the grass is always greener).

What say you r9k.
>>
mmmmm what chu say ay
ooo that its all for the best well of course it is
mm whatchu sayyy ayyy ooooooo
>>
>>35231474
Hol up...*smacks lips*...jus a sec...*scratches dick*...is you tryna say...*tilts head*...that like...like...like...Hol up...*licks lips*...u trynna tell me...*grabs dick*...that like we...we...*jumps around*...wuz Shakespeare n' shit?!?!?!?!
>>
>>35231541
na you fucked it up. damn anytime someone does kangs its always fucking good and i always laugh balls, but you are the first person that i really just... fuck. just get the fuck off the internet.
>>
>>35231406
I think it's better to of loved and lost than not to have loved. I imagine the pain of never loving someone/being loved by someone other than your mother is the worse of the two. It's hard to say as a person how has loved and lost can't imagine the pain of being forever alone and visa versa. The pain of being forever alone is probably worse tho, you can get over being in love easier than you can the depressing pain that is knowing you will never have a chance at love.
>>
I dunno if this thread applies to me or not.

I'd say I'm in the cyborg category myself, as I had some GFs in high school but could never get any afterward. At the risk of going off on a tangent, I have no idea how people get into relationships without a robust circle of friends. Is it some 'fake it til you make it' shit, like pretending you know this person who is fundamentally a stranger?

Anyway, so I never got any GFs after high school, because once the friends were gone, there was no way to meet women. And this isn't a 'dry spell,' it's been nearly 12 years.

Anyway, I don't know if any of my high school relationships were 'love,' but one of them, my first one was... Well, it was uh, 'something.' Can't say I was in love, but it was a relationship that was more than just pretending to like someone cause a relationship looks good on paper.

Anyway, this relationship produced some nice memories, I used to nostalgia-trip on it for many years. You know, relationships produce this interesting thing between two people, inside jokes and memes and 'special songs' and stuff. I'm glad I at least got a taste of all that, that I had my little sampler, however small it was.

But I guess it had a negative side too. I mean, it got my hopes up. It ultimately looks like I really will be the loner I always thought I would, and that relationship did give me some false hope, so that part of it was regrettable.

But to answer your question, yeah I'd say I'd rather have had that experience than not.
>>
>>35231641
but what about forever alone after you lost? I mean, if you were able to find love again, that is totally the best.

But between never finding love, and finding it, losing it, and never finding it again.
>>
>>35231406
I never had a GF but if you rely loved her and the feelings were mutuel then it was worth it even if it didn't pan out like you hoped.
>>
>>35231406
Depends on the love, depends on the loss.
You'll never know if it was worth it until afterwards.

There's also different ways to judge if it was worth it.

My first gf I had very young and we got way too serious. It was worth it only because of what it taught me about myself and others.

Also take in mind the couple that stay together until one dies. Obviously it was worth it to them.
>>
>>35231737
I think that falls under the 'Loved and lost' category. You still have the memories of love, even if thats whats broken you and made it so you never want to try/can't love again
>>
File: 1484100799368.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
1484100799368.png
102KB, 746x717px
>>35231406
I loved a woman once and for a year, she loved me back. I still remember the day she broke up with me very vividly. Even though she was amazing, my only regret in life was meeting her. The only women I find appealing now are the ones that remind me of her.

Even though it felt so nice being loved, I can get the same satisfaction from a good friend. So I'm on the side of never loving at all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.