[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you realize that you truly were not destined

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: k7O6yjtB.jpg (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
k7O6yjtB.jpg
18KB, 256x256px
At what age did you realize that you truly were not destined for anything good in life?

When did you realize that your destiny was a pile of shit?

I had that moment earlier today. It was like an epiphany.

I realized, "some people are made for the good life. It's just not me. I tried my best but my best wasn't good enough."

What I realized is that my sole purpose in life was to be humiliated, disappointed, and self-loathing. This is my task, my art, my craft, my calling. I'm very good at it.

There are many failures; I alone *AM* failure itself, the incarnation of inadequacy.

From day 1, I have been denied passions, loves, drives, even the ability to relate to others. And yet I was extremely ambitious from an early age, feeling I was destined to conquer the world. In this sense, I transcend even the homeless man in utter failure. At least the homeless man can claim to have never cared much for success in the first place.
>>
>>35228208
when you sow these seeds you bring others down
i'd like to help you man but i'm struggling too
i'm not strong enough to help you
>>
>>35228208
17, when I couldn't pass high school because I absolutely can't understand math no matter how many times someone explains it to me. I was an average B or higher in every other subject, but math just never registered with my brain. I ended up having to get a GED and still see myself as a failure because of it.
>>
I've known that for some time now, feels bad man.
I realised today that I've not made any decisions myself I've always thought 'I'll fix my life after x' first x was high school then college then getting a job...
Now where am I at I wasted my life and i cannot fucking fix it, i haven't even lived my life ive always avoided everything that was hard and just eased through the rest fuck
I hate it I wish i could be someone else
>>
>>35228208
Bullshit, you're destined for something, we all are. There's no use spending your life self-loathing and being pessimistic. Just remember you were the fastest sperm.
>>
File: 1461654963782.png (64KB, 998x405px) Image search: [Google]
1461654963782.png
64KB, 998x405px
>>35228208
for me it was when i had a family breakdown when my grandma died. there's no need to get philosophical. just accept your fate and wait till you die or take a shortcut and kill yourself. I'm not memeing. you're 99% right. the only thing you should consider though is, the more pain and sadness you feel, the more you appreciate the little things in life that make you happy.
I feel like you're pretty young still and feel kinda lost. don't worry though, after a few years you'll feel empty and it'll be like "hmm, whatever..."
>>
IKTF. Sometimes I wonder about how sad my teen self would be if he saw me now. I had such high hopes back then.
>>
File: 1488258439083m.jpg (68KB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
1488258439083m.jpg
68KB, 1024x788px
>>35228208
Around 9, I guess.
I never really had dreams or expectations, but I guess growing up as an outcast made me grow up a bit faster.
I understood pretty early that life would be a bland experience with sometimes a few sparks, and that no matter what I'd do, the entire world would fuck me in the ass for being who I am, and for adopting the principles and values I have.
Since that realization, I decided to aim for a not-so-painful life and make it home after school/work/whatever.

TLDR: I guess I'm just pessimistic.
>>
File: feelotine.jpg (25KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
feelotine.jpg
25KB, 400x500px
>>35228515
same here my nigga.
>>
It didn't really hit hard until like 22ish. I just always thought my life would work out, like I'd meet a girl in college, get serious with her, graduate, get a nice job etc. None of that happened, instead I dropped out, am a virgin, work a high schooler tier job at 26, no prospects in site. I now see why men kill themselves, why they become homeless, why they become alcoholics or heroin addicts. I'm not gonna make it, just don't have it in me. Never going to have the house, the car, the wife, the kids, none of that shit.
>>
>>35229694

Yeah it's looking like I'm not gonna have any of that shit either.

I mean Jesus Christ, you'd think I'd at least have a fucking CAR by now.
>>
some time after first year in college realized I wasn't notably above average at all and started feeling dumb as shit
high school spoiled my ego pretty hard and I never really got in the habit of studying, which turns out gets your ass kicked by college level things that aren't related to humanities
so the only thing I'm really "good" at is video games
pretty pathetic desu but I should stop being a sorry shit and make myself good at some kinda academia but man is it hard to do things when my motivation dissipated when I realized I have no real social life on top of being mediocre as shit
>>
>>35228515

What kind of shit school forces you to do maths in your last year of high school?
>>
19. I had hope during HS that fairytale is long dead
>>
>>35228208

23 years old when it hit me. That was 6 years ago and so far it's held true.
>>
>>35228515

you don't have to understand math, you just have to remember the steps to get the answer. then you pass the class and forget all of it within the next couple weeks.
>>
15, single mom died from cancer, since then I live alone and empty. In 1 year i'll have no money left so I gonna suicide.
>>
>>35228208
I'm actually trying my hardest to avoid this right now. I don't know what path your life went down but I'm determined to keep going and going until there's nothing else I can do
>>
Better question: How old were you when you grew out of the 'destiny' meme?

>inb4 someone replies about the ps4 game and thread derails into console wars
>>
first started considering suicide at 12 for an admittedly petty reason of food phobia. mostly was depressed about it because my family constantly pressured me about it and made me feel rejected
>>
>>35230381
I'm right there with you Anon, except I did poorly in HS too for that same reason. I don't know why my parents still agreed to send me to college. I'm currently doing horrible in my math classes going for a mechanical engineering degree. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.