[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to have a rival

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: yuru-yuri_rivarun_572.jpg (29KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
yuru-yuri_rivarun_572.jpg
29KB, 225x350px
A rival, a nemesis, someone you compete against, who challenges you, who you challenge, a person with whom you form a somewhat symbiotic relationship, spuring each other on to do your best at whatever it is you are rivals at.

I want this. I want this so much. I want someone who wants me to fail, yet gets sad when I do, when I don't overcome their challenges.
>>
So you want a bitchy wife?
>>
>>35225155

No. I want an equal with whom to compete in a fierce competition. I don't want someone to just bitch at me. I want someone to go head to head with.
>>
>>35225112
Life isn't a fucking anime, anon. Start holding yourself accountable to your own performance.
>>
try having a fast friend turned sworn enemy instead

it's pretty cool
teach you a few things about life
>>
>>35225196

But just think: how cool would it be if life *was* an anime?

>>35225204
How'd that happen to you?
>>
File: 1486449187278.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1486449187278.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>>35225112
What the fuck kind of animes are you watching, man? I don't think actual rivalries like that even exist outside of sports.

Even then, that's not really how it works. You'd just fucking hate each other until one of you cuts contact with the other due to not being able to stand them.

It'd be more like Newman and Jerry than it would be Ash and Gary.
>>
>>35225253

I watch too many anime, yes. But still, that's pretty much the one thing I wish was real.
>>
I had something like that in the first year of high school in Global history as far as grades on tests goes.

Also later on in highschool, with mobile games, especially subway surfer. Me an this girl used to play trying to beat each other's high scores. Went on for a few months. Then it also happened with a few other games.

If there's one thing I can tell you OP, it's that it doesn't happen unless you're at the top in whatever it is you're doing. That's how it was in both cases for me at least.
>>
>>35225112
In 12th grade I had somewhat of a rivalry with my best friend in AP Calc. We would compete to see who gets the higher score on quizes and tests, and we would jokingly berate the guy who looses. It was great, especially since our teacher would say who got the highest score in the class out loud to everyone, so when one of us wins, it's a much more sweet victory since everyone knows. Also for pi day in that class we competed for memorizing digits of pi, and I was motivated enough to memorize 241 digits. Having a rival who you can also joke around with is great for motivation and fun.
>>
>>35225253
Rivalries aren't always hate-based, my rivalry with my best-friend had no ill intent.
>>
>>35225408
>>35225586

Thank you for your rival stories. You only reaffirm my belief that i want, need a rival.

but i probably never will have one.
>>
>>35225112
I used to have one in high school, he would usually beat me in physics and I would beat him in math. It never made me improve because I didn't really have to try, but it's still fun if you're both in the same level.

The banter is the most fun thing about it in my opinion, I hope he's alright
>>
>>35225112
Sounds like that would end with you getting fucked.

Literally, in the ass.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.