[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feels and Frogs Bar, first drink on the house

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 16

File: 1478939954802.jpg (60KB, 602x395px) Image search: [Google]
1478939954802.jpg
60KB, 602x395px
"It's been a while", I, the Barkeep think. "We're living in rough times", I quietly mutter, looking at how the wind whips the seemingly everlasting and fierce rain against the freshly cleaned windows. I clean the last few glasses, check the bar for what must be the tenth time and flick the lightswitch; a dim, but nonetheless warm, dark yellow light floods the old bar, the pool table, the worn out dartboard, the tables and sofas in the corners. I flick the switch for the electronics, the slot machines play their obnoxious starting music, a few letters on our neon sign flicker a few times before finally piercing through the cold and stormy night. Overcome by nostalgia, I smile a little, I prepare a small note and gently tape it on the window, "First drink's on the house". I get back behind the bar and wait, enjoying the aura of this venerable old bar and the promise of interesting talks. Feels and Frogs is finally open again.
>Share your greentext feels with me, fellow bots. You're all welcome to enter. Tell me what's on your heart, I'll listen and care about you. Maybe some other visitors have good tips as well.
>>
>>35220298
I have school in 20 mins, I have extreme anxiety and it wont go away, im shaking even though it's hot outside, give me somethin that'll calm the nerves
>>
File: 1463997917259.jpg (22KB, 470x449px) Image search: [Google]
1463997917259.jpg
22KB, 470x449px
>>35220771
Better don't get anything alcoholic, lad. I'll give you this cold apple juice, if you're fine with that. What makes you feel anxious about school?
>>
>>35220298
trying to quit drinking.

5 hours sober.

FUCK THIS I ALREADY WANT TO DRINK

fuck this shit existence. these posts are triggering
>>
>>35221223
Are you trying to do a cold turkey?
How much did you drink before?
>>
>>35220298
Still not over ex, the usual thing that keeps me down. Even worse thing his her health is in such a bad state.
>>
I'm terribly romantically lonely. I've never had a significant other, never been in a relationship, and almost reflexively avoid pretty girls because I essentially freeze up when around them. Ironically, I can hold a decent conversation with them as long as they initiate it.

Lately, I've been confused about my feelings. I'm not sexually confused in the slightest; I'm a straight guy, but I don't believe myself to be very attractive nor have I ever been described as such. There's this girl, slightly younger than I am, who is absolutely gorgeous. 10/10 for sure, everybody likes her on some level, that kind of thing. She's just so personable and friendly, laughs at everyone's jokes, great in conversation. She has a boyfriend now, but its mostly just a fling. She doesn't love him, nor does he love her, and he's cheated on her as well and everyone knows it, including herself. They'll probably be together for a while longer.

I'm saying all this because I thought I had a chance with her. I attended a sports game she was participating in and she told a good friend of ours that she "wants me at every game" because "I'm awesome". Well, as you can imagine I was blown away by this. I went to every match I could, cheered, nearly made a fool out of myself by getting so into it. I messaged her on social media and had a short but successful conversation and... That was it. There were too many uncertainties for me to continue at the time. "Did she have a boyfriend? Was she just being nice? I don't deserve this!" On and on. That was roughly six months ago.

I skipped my classes on Monday, and she noticed I was absent from one we share. She expressed some concern to me yesterday, and I told her that I was fine and that I appreciated the concern, caught up on what I missed, small stuff, but just any conversation with her sends me back to that nagging question: "Is it possible she's in to me? Could it ever happen? She must just be being nice, right?".

I'm so lonely
>>
How do I improve my chess game?
>>
Glenlivet 12 straight barkeep.

I don't think I got the job, I am at least happy I mustered the courage to go to my first interview. For now I can retreat back to my NEET life before I start to feel useless again. It's a love/hate relationship.
>>
>>35220298
Hope you're around in a couple of hours, barkeep. Won't be able to drink just yet
>>
>>35221275
i am. i don't know, i know i should quit for good, but i think i'll just aim for 1 month at the beginning, and decide from there. I quit for 5 months between august and january, but then relapsed and i've started drinking every day again (usually 4-10 drinks). at my worst it was like 15 daily. fucking terrible. i'm going to die before i'm 30 probably.
>>
File: epicus doomicus.jpg (168KB, 1491x1491px) Image search: [Google]
epicus doomicus.jpg
168KB, 1491x1491px
>>35221308
my take on it is she isn't in to you currently but could very well be in to you if you begin expressing stronger signs of interest and intrigue, act with more confidence around her, and make sure, for the gods' sake, that you're not being overly nice.

good luck kiddo. act soon though, ask her out to a concert or a bar or something brother. have some drinks, joke with her, open up a little bit, get her to open up a bit, but don't be overly sentimental or sympathetic with anything.
>>
I had to put my cat down 2 days ago. I found her in one of my rooms having a seizure.
She had a run-in with some feral cats and I thought she would recover but she got an infection from it.
The infection shut down multiple organs at a time. She was completely unresponsive the whole time. I cried my eyes out as the vet gave her the overdose as she was beyond the point of recovery.
Just watching my cat die with no response at all hit me really hard. Haven't been sleeping lately.
I blame myself for her death because I know if I had taken her in earlier she would have lived.

I know I shouldn't blame myself, but it's so hard not to.
>>
>>35221303
Better watch out, normie, some of the more ruff guys are already throwing some looks at you from over there. You can stay, nobody should be out in that shit weather, but be aware.
When did you break up and why? Do you feel that it was justified?
>>35221308
I can relate a little to you feels, my dude. I also got to know a wonderful woman, but I can't really tell if I have a chance. She's the first woman I've ever fallen in love with, but she has seen lots of shit in live, it hurts me a lot.
Why the fuck are they both together? It looks like an utterly meaningless relation for me. I couldn't stand that. Stay in contact with her, do you have her phone number? If yes, just shoot her a message where you thank her for the homework stuff she gave you. It'll most likely be a good starter for some "How are you?"-esque smalltalk, if you get that far, you have an excellent starting point.
>>35221322
Unfortunately, I'm awful at chess, so I can't spar with you, just check on the internet, you can play against bots or even real players on various sites.
>>35221388
One Glenlivet 12, coming right up.
Even if you maybe won't get the job, you already mustered up the courage to attend at an interview, that's great! Don't be too pessimistic yet.
>>35221424
Hm, I can't really tell when I'll close, maybe someone else can take over too. It's 11 PM here, I'll be around for at least 2 more hours, I'll check afterwards. I've planned on opening the bar more often in the future once I get done with my driver's licence, far too few of these threads lately.
>>35221506
Drink gradually less, it's far easier than going all out. You'll get crazy if you decide to stop drinking from one day to the other.
>>
File: 1470379360088.png (385KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1470379360088.png
385KB, 796x712px
>>35221608

>Just watching my cat die with no response at all

That's pretty fucking harsh anon, my condolences.
>>
>>35221608
My condolences. Pets can be great buddies, I know that. I once accidentally killed my hamster on Christmas Eve, I was crying my eyes out for two days and I'm still blaming myself for it.
It wasn't your fault, you can't track her every step. Shit like this just happens sometimes in nature, I'm sure she had a wonderful time with you though, remember the good times you had with her and she'll never truly be dead.
>>
>>35221598
Thanks friend, I've been meaning to take some action. I can't just fantasize about girls I want to be with and imagine a happy relationship, I have to make an effort to make it reality. This was very relieving, and I'm going to try and think of something I can talk to her about; I don't have an opportunity to talk to her much.
>>
>>35221608
I'm so sorry anon, that's awful. I lost two longtime pets over the summer 4 days apart from each other, one of which I've had around all my life. Stay strong, it wasn't your fault and you can recover.
>>
>>35221663
I don't have her number, and already thanked her for catching me up, but I'm going to try and talk to her more soon. I don't know much about the relationship they're in, just that he's taken advantage of her a bit and cheated. He's an otherwise likable and even respectable guy, just... Not in relationships. Thanks for the acknowledgement though, I'm going to try and get somewhere.
>>
I can't live with the fact that my wife has had sex before me
>>
>>35221608
I lost a cat a few years back, when I was a senior in high school. One day when I came home from school he was laying in a chair and breathing rapidly, stretched out with his legs behind him. Decided to take him to the vet with my parents. Turns out he had a heart condition that 1/3 of male cats have, fatty buildups in the heart break lose and cause strokes. He had actually had several before as well, and we never even knew. That was why he was always licking his legs, and laying stretchrd out.. he was in pain for years. It broke my heart. That cat was my only friend through middle and high school. He stayed overnight in an animal hospital, and I hoped that he might recover ( even though the condition was essentially fatal ). The next morning I went to school, worrying. I got a call to the office at 9:30, parents telling me that the cat, whose name was Patches, was dying. I drove to the animal hospital, but it was too late. He died before me and my parents arrived back. I still wish we had juet kept him at home, so that maybe he could have spent his last moments with the people that loved him. Instead he died cold and alone. When I saw him laying lifeless in that little crib-like animal bed, I cried like I had never cried before in my life.
>>
Give me something that wakes me up.

I have an exam tomorrow, and I absolutely can not fail it. Suicide is the only option if I do fail.
>>
I'm still young(18) but I feel I'm about to become a robot, even though I never was a normie, untill now I haven't already felt like I was a robot. How was it for you? When have you lost hope?
>>
>>35220298
Where the fuck is the goddamn shitter at.
>>
>>35220298
I keep telling people my plans for getting my shit together and then failing or not even starting them. I'm going to need something strong to wash away the shame.
>>
>>35222003
we usually just release our bodily waste in that corner, yep, right over there, on the floor. there's a chair with the seat cut, which i'd recommend using.
>>
>>35220298
I can't enjoy videogames anymore for some reason. I used to play them religiously but now there is this empty void. Give me something strong bud.
>>
>>35221967
Here, I think we have an Evanescence channel on the jukebox.

How's that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXcdYBh3hgg
>>
File: 1470614166048.jpg (48KB, 660x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1470614166048.jpg
48KB, 660x1301px
>>35221909
Then do as this fellow of African descent >>35221598 said. Once you get her number, it'll be a lot easier. Good luck, my dude!
>>35221967
I've got just the right stuff for you, one or two glasses of this juice and you're going hard.
>>35221986
I was pretty much a wreck at age 16, it got better some months ago. What are you doing right now? Wagecuck, schoolcuck?
>>35222003
Here, I'll show you. Go around the corner, downstairs and the first door on the left.
>>35222061
This fag isn't the true OP Barkeep fyi. Don't force me to be a tripfag.
>>
>>35222110
Too late i shit in the seat. Clean my shit barkeep.
>>
>>35222110
(Me) I'm actually at university but I'm lost and talk to no one. I secretly hide in my old high school where I have an office and waste my time on the internet.
>>
I need something to build my courage so I can attempt an incredibly unlikely to succeed romantic final gambit to win back my oneitis, can you help me out, man?
>>
File: 1475746610092.jpg (115KB, 1296x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1475746610092.jpg
115KB, 1296x1936px
>>35222084
I know that feel, my dude. I pretty much stopped vidya at age 16 and nowadays, I barely play at all. It just lost its appeal to me.
Here, have some of this, excellent stuff.
>>35222094
Oh damn, I totally forgot telling you guys about the jukebox! Sure, it's up for anyone to use. Thanks for reminding me.

I've never tripfagged before, I hope I did everything right here.
>>35222204
You can be glad that this indeed used to be our reserve toilet until we got that basement in shape. It's an old earth closet where we used to send people to puke when they couldn't even walk back outside.
>>35222223
Are you that Canadian dude I once wrote on Discord with?
An own office definitely sounds comfy. Why don't you ever talk to anybody though?
>>35222317
I gave that dude over there some Absinth, 70%. It really jumpstarts you if you want to get shitfaced. Want some?
Can you quickly describe your situation with your oneitis? Any meaningful contact with her?
>>
>>35222317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

You are a cowboy, the original robot. The highplanes drifter who doesn't fit in anywhere. Now show them you mean business.
>>
>>35222370
(Me) yeah my office is great. I love to watch plebs running unders the rain while sitting in my office. I'm not your canadian dude. Why I don't talk to anyone is a mix of disdain and autism. In high school I lost all my social skills, and today I just can't talk to people. Either I found them too dumb or too good for me.
>>
>>35222370
Thanks for the drink. IM gonna put this on the juke box.
https://youtu.be/PZVE9OqqhZk
>>
>>35221689
>>35221755
>>35221854
Thank you for the sympathy. I'll get over it and stop blaming myself soon.

>>35221956
I'm sorry to hear that. Cats like to hide their pain so it's very hard to know when they are in pain or not. That last part made me tear up because one of my childhood dogs just ran away a few months ago and never came back/heard of her again. I'm not sure if she's alive or dead right and will never know. I'm sorry you weren't able to be there for your cat.
I'm sure he loved you.
>>
>>35222370
Cut contact in a vague and confusing way. If I take her at her word she's going through a tough time and couldn't hack our relationship in its state. Wouldn't give me many details, but I could interpret the things she said as her wanting me to come after her. If I don't take her at her word... well, the only way I'll ever know the truth is to do something more serious than I have experience with. Yeah, I'll take the strong shit.

>>35222371
You know what, that helps a bit. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>35222507
Man, I'm feeling really cozy just from listening. Sitting there with a mug of coffee, shitposting on 4chan while staring out of the window...
Ah, alright. The situation he was in was a little similar, Uni, didn't really talk to anyone. We had a nice chat, but we sadly never wrote each other again. Fuck my anxiety issues.
>>35222542
Definitely go for it, it would be a shame if you wouldn't. Good luck, my man! You can do it, I'm sure.
>>35222517
This is excellent, thanks for that.
>>
>>35222542
Anon, he who dares at all must dare it all. Now go and do what you've gotta do.
>>
>>35222609
(Me again) for me it's midnight and I'm going to sleep so good night and thanks for the drink.
>>
File: 1459347999849.jpg (39KB, 529x289px) Image search: [Google]
1459347999849.jpg
39KB, 529x289px
>>35222030
Oh man, totally forgot about you there. Is Jaegermeister ok for you? I quite like it.
I know that feel. Everything's gonna change tomorrow and in the end, you get nothing done. Set small goals for the beginning, then go big. It really brought me far.

>tfw anxiety
I'm a bad barkeep. I wish I could be as good as the others before me.
>>
>>35222699
Alright. Have a good one, sleep well and keep going. Life has plans for you too, I'm sure.
>>
File: 7wsnmX2 (1).png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
7wsnmX2 (1).png
51KB, 657x527px
>>35220298
Can i hav a ornage juucie plz mr. Mi mummy onli givi meh warrter.
>>
File: 1474758868166.jpg (35KB, 700x478px) Image search: [Google]
1474758868166.jpg
35KB, 700x478px
>>35222774
Here, Apu. Are you sure this is the right place for you to be?
>>
>>35220298
my feel is that your writing is a little abrasive - ruined the thread for me. i think you're attempting a style that is slightly above your skill level.
>>
>>35222609
>>35222633
I'm terrified, guys. What if I'm wrong? If she turns me away I'm stuck with nowhere to stay too far from home to get back easily and I have less of a chance than I even do now.. what if I can't even find her, what if I'm already too late and the worst has happened? I'm just a bloody robot who struggles with even the simplest of shit, I've spent my whole life playing it safe and now I have to take the biggest gamble of my life. I know I have to do this, or at least I'm 80% sure this is right, but fuck.. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. There's nobody else I can turn to about this.
>>
>>35222849
Mummi is wit new daddi an dey mak big noise in nappie room. So me run awai an end up here. Why everi one here so uptet?
>>
>>35222863
English isn't my first language and I really enjoy creative writing in my native tongue. Sorry for my autism, it just carried over.
>>
File: xy8UFnG.png (42KB, 481x406px) Image search: [Google]
xy8UFnG.png
42KB, 481x406px
>>35222849
Can bar man let mi slep here fuor de nite blz??
>>
>>35222895
Should I call any of your relatives to take you in for the night? Is uncle Wojak at home? You could also stay for the night if you want to.
>>35222877
The digits are with you, go for it. Thinking too much tends ruins too many things. I know this sounds like a normie-tier answer, but it's true. Try to abolish thoughts about a negative outcome just for that one moment.
>>
>>35222989
>normie-tier answer
A broken clock is right twice a day, or something.
But, shit, I did get the dubs, so.. I guess in a month's time I'll be either a champion or a broken man.
>>
Hey OP, I was here earlier when you started the thread and I posted several replies. Do more of these, I needed this after some stressful days. Its nice to see people on here helping each other out with rough times; a kind of wayward station between two hostile points.
>>
>>35223093
Yeah, Feels and Frogs threads were often comfy as fuck. We've seen far too few over the last time, I think. Once I get done with my real life stuff, I'll try my best to maybe make this a regular thread. Sadly I'm an awful barkeep, I'm glad there are some kind anons here to help me out.
>>
>>35220298
Past month I've been pretty depressed, thought about suicide, I know the things that started it but I don't want to be that guy and go to people about why I'm like this. I don't know what to do and I feel trapped.
>>
File: 1fe.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1fe.png
59KB, 658x662px
>>35222989
Uncul wojak founded on ceiling rope yesterdey. Mi nevr see him after dat.
He gib me dis hat four mi birftdey tho i wil mis him.
>>
>>35223173
>I don't want to be that guy and go to people about why I'm like this.
That's what we're all here for, anon. You don't have to explain anything but if you want to you can. Just make sure you do your best to survive in this shitty world, okay?
>>
I am looking for a job, i can wash dishes. I am just asking for some food as payment
Please sir
>>
>>35223078
Kek wills it. Good luck, my dude.
>>35223185
Oh well, you can stay for the night, I guess it's too late to go home now. Here, follow me, you can sleep on that sofa for the night, I'll get you a pillow and a blanket, wait a moment.
>>35223173
I wanted to be an hero two weeks ago as well, I was damn close to jumping at that train. In the end, I just couldn't do it. Maybe I shouldn't even post here at this point, life has been treating me very well over the last time and I'm unironically enjoying to be alive.
>>35223251
Sure, come in, you can do some dishwashing or help me a little at the bar, just as you prefer. Nobody should be out there in that weather. What can I get you to eat? Is some pizza from the freezer ok?
>>
>>35223173
Oh, don't be afraid about being "that guy" as you call it. If you have somewhat caring friends/family, definitely talk about it. Don't bottle those bad feels up.
>>
File: 20170301_203714.png (602KB, 720x811px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_203714.png
602KB, 720x811px
>>35223321
Thank you, i have a very thick accent, the dishes is okay.
>Pizza
Whatever you can get my man, i dont have much. But i got this from the big war. It can help i believe
>>
>>35220298
I feel like another depression episode is slowly creeping up, I don't know what to do to prevent it.
Overheard that you're enjoying life right now. Got any tips on how to do that?
>>
When was the first time you fell in love? 22 here and I'm having trouble making relationships, I'll have a relationship for maybe 4 months before I'm called an asshole or something along those lines and girls leave me. I don't change is the worst part, I'm the same guy they wanted a relationship with 4 months prior. I've had girls told me they love me, I say it back but don't mean it, I don't know what it is but I can't care for girls, even if I'm attracted to them. I want a wife and a family but at this rate I'm worried
>>
I'm preparing to thru hike the Appalachian trail with a few of my closest friends. Just the group of us hiking and camping for the next 8 months.

The fact that I'm not doing it now is tearing me apart. The yearning for the outdoors is just too much. I don't know how to stop thinking about it.
>>
>>35223461
Oh, that's definitely a nice pocket watch. I don't want any payment, but thanks. You can stay here for the night if you wish to, just watch out for Apu on the sofa when you come in, he can be a little strange sometimes.
>>35223550
It sounds unbelievably autistic, I know, but I I got to know some people via work, among them my oneitis who almost immediately became one of my closest friends, she and her friends are very pious Christians and converted me, I had already thought about becoming Christian at that point though. I've also been interested in (Zen-)Buddhism for a few years and it helped me a lot, meditating and thinking about some of those Zen stories made me feel a lot better.

tl;dr I was lucky and am an autist
I used to hate life and wished for nothing else except death a few months ago.
>>
File: image.png (340KB, 501x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
340KB, 501x356px
>>35220298
Get me a rum and coke barkeep.

Im in my last semester of college, still KV. I'm going to graduate having made 0 progress. I tried tinder out of desperation this semester but it's flooded with normies. Time just keeps ticking away.
>>
>>35222912
Le importa que prenda un cigarro cantinero?

I'm an adict to cigarrettes, sometimes I want to quit, if someone asks me why I do it I reply "cuz I'm stupid".

Dunno, they say that the first step is acceptance, not sure if I want to quit at all even if I know it is fkng killing me. It's stupid indeed.
>>
My self esteem is hitting a new low
>>
>>35223229
That's true. I have someone who I asked if I could just talk to about some stuff and they said sure but they haven't said when. I feel like it's too much to type out here since I have a habit of over explaining things so I'll just wait until I can speak to them but I see my doctor soon so I'm going to mention my depression getting worse to him and see what happens.
>>35223321
Yeah, I feel like I won't go through with it because I know how it would affect family and friends but at the same time I feel like I'll eventually do it.
>>35223395
I know my friends and family would help but I don't want them to know. I don't want them to worry about me so I speak to online friends about it and I have a really close online friend that I might be speaking about it to and see if that helps in any way.
>>
File: 1474960457225.jpg (143KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474960457225.jpg
143KB, 1280x800px
Just a quick heads-up, I'm switching to phoneposting after this post, I'm getting quite tired. I'm trying to be there for you as good as I can, I can't guarantee that I won't fall asleep or that my answers will be somewhat decent though.

>>35223849
Rum and coke, coming right up.
Hmm. I'm KV too and so far, I've only met one woman I'd enter a relationship with. It's all really shitty with this love stuff. Can't really give you any good tips either, I'm a huge autist too and all the girls I ever talked to approached me first.
>>35223883
What's the matter? Why are you feeling bad. I'm listening.
>>
>>35224002
You should go to sleep,boss.
I'll close everything, it was enough for today.
>>
>>35223855
Checked
Yeah, smoking cigarettes is a weird addiction, I started smoking a year ago too and managed to back out at the last possible moment, I'm still feeling the desire for a ciggy every now and then, but it tastes like shit and is unhealthy as fuck.
As long as you don't overdo it, you shouldn't really be too upset about it, just don't start smoking more. Don't be too hard on yourself there. Sure, entirely stopping would be great, but it's hellish to do so. I've seen adults who smoked their entire life trying to quit and it wasn't fun.
>>35224081
Nah, I'll keep going for half an hour or so, thanks.
>>
Whisky neat, don't care about brand. I'm currently living in the basement of my grandmothers old house. I work a shitty job at a sandwich shop and I ride the bus. Haven't drank in a few weeks so mr. Barkeep I'm here to get shitty. I'm not sad but I enjoy your threads
>>
>failed out of uni last year
>doing poorly this year, 5 weeks left to turn my grades around

I hate this. I hate schooling. I don't have any friends, I don't care about the courses I am enroled in, there is literally nothing motivating me to succede except the fear of disappointing my mom again.

And the best part:
>I haven't chosen a degree path to follow and I don't have much hope finding work with a humanities degree
>>
>>35223790
>she and her friends are very pious Christians and converted me, I had already thought about becoming Christian at that point though. I've also been interested in (Zen-)Buddhism for a few years and it helped me a lot, meditating and thinking about some of those Zen stories made me feel a lot better.
Not a big fan of religion myself, but I'm glad that some people can find enjoyment in it, nothing for me tho
>>
The strongest bourbon you have

All I have left at school is to be as offensive as possible to trigger everyone else. I want people to respect me and find me funny for who I once was-- an innocent jokester, not the broken 4chan crazed man-child I am now.
>>
>>35224168
Aww, shit man, you should've gone to a trade school or something. A humanities degree is already bad enough, but if you don't even enjoy it, it's 10X worse.
There's plenty of skilled blue-collar jobs out there with decent pay, it's this whole "you have to go to college even though you don't know what to do" meme that's ruining lives for so many people. I feel for ya man.
>>
>>35223883
What is it man?
>>
>>35224308
>>35224002
My impotence with women (not the erectile dysfunction) and just general idleness I guess
>>
Last round of drinks coming up!
>>35224137
That guy over there left some Glenlivet in the bottle, I'll put it in the fridge and give you your drink later.
I'm a wageslave too right now, doing a paid voluntary year at a youth centre and it's shit. My fellow employees treat me like a slave, I don't earn much, my work times are awful and the only thing I like about it are the seminars that come along with it. Any plans of proceeding from where you are?
Thanks, I'll try to open the bar more often, but I'm a bad barkeep. Trying my best to help my fellow anons at least a little.
>>35224168
Oh man, these are some bad feels. Is there nothing that can motivate you to turn things around? Your uni system works a lot differently than it does here, I can't really give you any good tips, sorry
>>
I'm too insecure, nobody will ever put up with my shit, life will never be like the animes. Fuck, where's my Misaki it isn't fair.
At least I can vent anonymously
>>
>>35224168
i'd say eat it up and man the fuck up, but humanities is a waste of time

even if you found a job in that zone, it would involve a lot of dick sucking to get a paid job, then bowing down to the hierarchy, shilling for them, etc. i do not recommend at all

what are you skilled in?
>>
Alright lads, I'm sorry, but I'll go to bed now, I just can't keep my eyes open anymore. Thanks for being around, I always appreciate some nice company. You can hang around a little if you want to, if you don't know where to stay for the night, I guess I'll get something arranged. See you next time and thanks to all of you!
>>
File: 1486913022116.jpg (24KB, 480x310px) Image search: [Google]
1486913022116.jpg
24KB, 480x310px
I'm back home with my family for a few days before my next semester starts. Now I'm playing piano all day and realized how much I miss playing it and how passionate I was about music a few years ago.
But in a few days I have to go back to the city for my next semester, living in my shitty apartment, not going to get to play piano for another few months. Fuck.
>>
>>35224511
I'll tell you what I think, though you probably won't like my opinion. I think you should just do what your parents want. Life is just much easier with your parents support, and an heroing is just a waste. I know in our society it's "cool" to not be like your parents and rebel, but what does that really achieve? Usually people who go that route don't end up happy, and instead have miserable, meaningless lives. I don't know what your religious views are, but you should at least pretend to believe in what they believe for both of yours sakes. It just more pragmatic that way. Maybe have an honest discussion with your parents if you can, but at least let them be happy, and in turn you can be happy.
>>
>>35224271
>>35224487
>>35224605
Thank you for the support, I will figure something out.
>>
I don't have friends

The only friend that I *had* was this one girl who, for some god forsaken reason, took it upon herself to be friends with me

It's not oneitis I swear. I don't have any romantic interest in her

Now, she seems very unenthused and apathetic whenever I talk to her. She doesn't message me outside of the times we're in class together. Hell, she doesn't even talk to me during class either

I feel like she's gotten sick of me. I don't blame her, I'm sick of myself too

The reality is that she has five other people she could replace me with. She has all these other friends and a boyfriend and she's close with all of them. My presence in her life simply doesn't matter. If I hung myself in my closet, she wouldn't even notice that I stopped coming to class

We used to be so close. We'd talk all the time, she'd always want to hang out, we both told each other all these personal things about myself

Now, I feel like she's a million miles away. I'm sure she's sick of how moody and bipolar I am. I have a lot of issues and I'm not a very good person

I don't blame her for wanting to get away from me. I just wish I knew how I could be better worth her time

I'm so lonely. Nobody really wants me. Nobody depends on me. It hurts and I want to give up
>>
>>35225499
after a few failed suicide attempts i've "ascended" (yeah it sounds fedora but it's really the best term)

an extreme burst of rage always saved me in the last moment, i shouted so loudly my voice cords burned out after 2 seconds, my eyes were bloodshot, my face looked dead

after a while i realized my own company is the best company, yearning for something you cannot achieve is pointless so i slowly became comfortable with that thought, and now here i am, fully devoid of suicidal thoughts, happy comfy and chill

learn to laugh at your own misery anon, learn to love yourself because when nobody is there for you, something else is always there for you, it's trying to help you

it was a really long and agonizing path for me, but i made it and i am extremely pleased with the outcome

here are a few tips:
>think logically
>think reasonably
>think of self preservation
>think of what you really want
>learn to give up
>know that everything that has a beginning has an end
>you have a choice in everything (even if that choice may take years to complete)

and lastly, i think i couldn't have do it alone
there's you and yourself, but all in all it's just 1 man and equal entity, but you remember of that thing that's trying to help you? it's not god, it's something that is and shall not be labeled by any word because it's a force of change, it's even outside of eternity

it took me almost a decade, maybe it will be less or more for you
i don't even know how should you begin, i guess you start walking this path naturally

>inb4 you're mental dude
nah

btw, don't be a retard and attempt suicide, the entire thing will play itself out on its own way, your process may be entirely different
just think think think and then think more, a lot on bad memories that make you uncomfortable to this day, in time you will get used to it, to pain and misery, because this is the key, we can adapt eventually to anything that doesn't kill us or disable us
>>
>>35225499
your final question might be "what's the point?" at a point
which is the right question, and often the best answer is no answer because it doesn't matter, it doesn't worth your time, energy and brain cells anymore because there are better things to think about and do after adapting

well good luck anon, i wish more people could feel like as i do right now
>>
>>35226956
>i wish more people could feel like as i do right now
i forgot that only the deserving should feel like this

those who forged us into this shall expect misery and will not ascend, as a gift for granting us this power
>>
>>35220298
I feel empty and lost and the only time I'm really happy is when I drink, so that being said, I want something that'll ruin me barkeep.
I just don't get it, I've hit the point in my life where I know that life is truly just sad
>>
File: king night.jpg (12KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
king night.jpg
12KB, 220x220px
god damn if this wasn't one of the comfiest threads in /r9k/'s history
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.