[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: workout-gym4.jpg (33KB, 400x340px)
workout-gym4.jpg
33KB, 400x340px
>be me, 29 years old, live in mums basement
>mom tells me I need to join a gym and exercise 3-4 times a week to build my confidence and lose weight
>tells me that she will take away my NEETBUX if I don't go
>sign up for local gym downtown
>first day there, walk in, filled with Chads
>one Chad comes over and offers me some tips on the machine I was using. He seemed fairly nice then mentioned that he was a personal trainer and would have to bill me $100 an hour if he helped anymore
>go home feeling even worse about myself

what should I do? I cant keep going there because of the crushing social anxiety and Chads
>>
24/7 gym, or go on weekdays around working hours, when those chads have more of a life than you cuteface
>>
>>35218323
Most gyms will tell you their least busy times. I cant be fucked waiting for machines or weights and I do shift work so I can go when I please and hate people.
>>
>>35218323
>what should I do?
go to /fit/
read sticky.
reread it because you are probably a thick skulled dipshit.
take knowledge from it, figure out what you need to do in order to pack on muscle and lose fat
go back to gym
?????
become chad
>>
The only way to get over social anxiety is to keep putting yourself in uncomfortable social settings. The gym is perfect for this, so stay with it.

As for the chads I guarantee they don't care about you or what you are doing. Some of them will probably like you and respect you if you continue going and pushing yourself. I have great respect for people that don't give up.

Your mother is correct this is something you really need.
>>
First of all, go to the YMCA. Membership in my area is $40 a month and you get sessions with a trainer included in that price, I have one tomorrow myself. Seeing a trainer is important so you know proper form and have a routine that you can do regularly. $100 a session is expensive I wouldn't pay that.

Second of all you should feel good about yourself for making a good decision. It's a shame you didn't make it on your own though.

Thirdly, it's EASY to lose weight in fat. You can lose 60 lbs of fat in a few months with a calorie deficit and exercise, just look at progress pictures on reddit. Gaining weight in muscle is what takes time and work, you can gain max 3 lbs of muscle a month generally.

Stop being a whiny pussy and go there every day. You're going to be a disgusting fat piece of trash if you keep up with that attitude, and you'll deserve it.
>>
>>35218408
>As for the chads I guarantee they don't care about you or what you are doing
I can add to this: that chad ain't no trainer. he's just trying to sucker you into giving him money so he can half assedly tell you things you can look up yourself online for free
>>
>>35218323
You either have to make all the normies respect or pity you. Thats how youll get friends.
>>
>>35218323
I don't know why I'm replaying to this bait.
Possibly boredom.

>filled with Chads
Some of them were fat fucks like You before becoming chads. This only means you can success too.

>personal trainer and would have to bill me $100 an hour if he helped anymore
Check his bakground and prices in your place.
This might not be a bad idea if he can help you, at least in the beginning.

>go home feeling even worse about myself
Why? Because you actually went out to improve yourself and become healthier? 99% of people only talk about it, you actually did it.
>>
>>35218499
Because you actually went out to improve yourself and become healthier?

no because im being forced out of the house and put in a social space where my crippling anxiety takes over
>>
>>35218323
Why do you feel even worse.
Fact is you know nothing about exercising, I assume.
This guy offers you to get to know more probably making fitness routine plans and give you some insight about healthy nutrition.
If you feel uncomfortable about this search for a gym which has it's own trainers and doesn't charge you extra for that.

Go lift and don't care about the others.
>>
File: qmIdkr1.jpg (72KB, 1052x654px) Image search: [Google]
qmIdkr1.jpg
72KB, 1052x654px
>>35218323
instead of wasting your parents money you manchild.why don't you start off little and work your way upto being a gym member.
>FIRST CHANGE YOUR DIET YOU FAT FUCK! NO MORE SODA, TENDIES, AND JUNK FOOD! drink water,tea, coffee and eat healthy shit.
>google "at home workouts."
>Do squats, push ups, crunchs, and plank.
>run the local track. Work yourself up and keep progressing.
>once you start to see progress and enjoy results. Get yourself a gym pass and do more research what program you should start.
>>
>>35218323
>$100 an hour
Wow murica is really expensive nowadays...
You can read about training and diet in home... You can read about proper training and diet for free on forums and guides from sites like reddit and /fit/
>>
>>35218323
Fit guy here.
You don't need a gym to get fit. Just walk if you're fat. Do geocaching to make it more interesting. If you're thin enough, maybe get into inline skating(don't care if it's not cool it's fucking fun and feels like flying planes, with the same kinds of maneuvering and learning curve, and I actually do fly planes) or bicycling, if you live somewhere with nice paths for those.
No amount of exercise can negate eating like fatass. Look into whole food plant based diets. You can stuff yourself and still lose weight eating that way. Since you're already stuffing yourself if you're fat, and this other stuff is less energy dense.
>>
>>35218594
by the way your confidence won't increase. Just do yourself a favor and not be another fat walmart sheep. So you could ridicule them and not feel bad for talking shit to pieces of shit.
>>
>>35218551
>no because im being forced out of the house
That doesn't fucking matter. You could have fucking go to any nearby place with no people and tell your mother you went to the gym. Did you do it? No, you fucking started something.

>and put in a social space where my crippling anxiety takes over.
Get some meds, use headphones on the gym and drown in music. This shit helps. It will get better. You actually feel amazing after a good training, your mind ill adjust when it's going to get the reward in hormones.
>>
>>35218323
I built a simple home gym for this that has been serving me very well.

cheap Pullup/dip station
cheap bench press
bunch of old freeweights and bumbell bars gotten for $40 off craigs list
cheap, tiny counting stair stepper (pic)
those weird "perfect pushup" things
power twister

By the time everything was purchased, I think the total was around $400 for it all
>>
go boxing instead. gyms are for normies
>>
too many normies here. offer the guy some real advice like bitch slap your mom with your dick till she caves and you dont have to go anymore
>>
File: 1488085595478.jpg (68KB, 590x307px) Image search: [Google]
1488085595478.jpg
68KB, 590x307px
Chad & Stacy ignores me when I hit the gym 5 days a week.

Go in, do your shit, leave.
>>
>>35218473
This motherfucker gets it
>>
>>35218323
Bro just do it
Just go there and do your own shit or ask your mom for money for equipment
You can do it anon
The only person capable of stopping you is you alone
If someone says something tell them to fuck off and go on doing your own thing
You can do it
Dont stop
Please
Good luck anon and I hope you get the gains you are looking for
>>
>>35220256
Nice iFunny watermark there fuckass, if anything youre the normie
>>
File: 4JtEz.gif (339KB, 512x448px)
4JtEz.gif
339KB, 512x448px
>>35220981
I'm actually a goon ;)
>>
personal trainers are scum
just make it perfectly clear that YOU know what you're doing and get on with it
>>
>>35218908
>You actually feel amazing after a good training, your mind ill adjust when it's going to get the reward in hormones
This is a lie. I've been going to the gym for months and all it just makes me feel tired
>>
>>35221108
Then your not working hard enough lmao
>>
>"gyms" that don't even have a running track
>>
Going to the gym won't make your autism disappear, but it will absolutely make you feel better with your body.
Keep going, people don't give a shit about you or what you're doing unless you're deliberately making a scene.

Read up the /fit/ sticky and follow something like Ice Cream Fitness, Stronglifts, Greyskull, or any other full body beginner routine.
>>
>>35218323
Do bodyweight fitness instead.
Can be done at home, all you need is a pull up bar for some exercises.
>don't have to go out to gym
>don't have to pay for gym membership
Plus bodyweight / callisthenics is arguably much better because the movements are more natural and work out multiple muscles at once rather than just a single one like most gym machines.
Check out the recommended routine on /r/bodyweightfitness, i've been following it for a few weeks now
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.