[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Having another argument with my mother about finding a job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1457307385047.png (532KB, 609x460px) Image search: [Google]
1457307385047.png
532KB, 609x460px
>Having another argument with my mother about finding a job
>"Why are all these other young college graduates finding work, but you can't? Why can the niggers and retards get decent jobs but you can't?" What is wrong with you? I don't know what you're doing wrong!!"
>Just stare at her
>"I don't know mom, I wish I knew because I agree with you. I think it's stupid that a fresh college graduate can't find work, and yet you see these high school graduates with decent paying jobs."

Personally I think my mom is delusional, I think there are plenty of fresh college graduates working shit jobs, and struggling to find work. She seems to think EVERYONE gets a decent job right out of college, hell I've seen college graduates working at fucking Starbucks and the movie theater. I've actually fucking met people who told me they had a college degree, and yet they're working at a retail store as a sales associate or some shit.
>>
I have an ms in IT and I deliver packages for fedex
>>
>>35210972
It's all about who your daddy knows.

mine died while I was in college
>>
>>35211078
Like, you get to drive the truck? That actually sounds pretty sweet, but I've never done it so I don't know. It sucks that you can't have something in your field.
>>
>>35210972
Just remember that the unemployment rate doesn't count people who've given up looking, and people who are working two part-time jobs when they want one full-time job. The labor participation rate, which should be what everyone looks at, is still extremely low, especially for your age group.
>>
>>35211161
is it actually?
is nepotism really the way the majority of people get jobs?
>>
File: green-star.jpg (69KB, 459x189px) Image search: [Google]
green-star.jpg
69KB, 459x189px
>>35210972
>She seems to think EVERYONE gets a decent job right out of college

That's the way things were for her generation. Now that every retard goes to college and gets a degree, it doesn't help anymore.

Diplomas are like dollar bills, the more you print, the less each one is worth.
>>
>>35211246
>is nepotism really the way the majority of people get jobs?

Well a lot of people get jobs that, of course it doesn't help if you don't have friends or family members in decent job positions. Nepotism only works if you have family members who can get you jobs in a decent company/position. It's not an option for everyone.
>>
>>35211246
I'm in northeast Mississippi, and in my experience it's a 99% deciding factor.
>>
>>35211186
Traffic is bad here and most drivers duck at driving and are assholes. Best perk of the job is getting to exercise but not so much that it leaves you exausted.
>>
>>35210972
>>"Why are all these other young college graduates finding work
hahaha
>>
>>35211246
Are you really asking that question?
Yes. Who you know is more important than what you know. Your father should have gotten you your first job.

Pity the child of the single mother.
>>
>>35211288
Sorry to hear that, Anon. I live in a rural area, so I didn't consider traffic right away.
>>
>>35210972
>Why are all these other young college graduates finding work, but you can't?
Haha, okay. No. They never make any mention of the saturated job market for a reason. Everyone else is drowning.

>Why can the niggers and retards get decent jobs but you can't?
Ole' Marvin Foodstamp can get a job because of affirmative action, the retard can get a job because there are social services that help them out tremendously.
>>
>>35211387
Don't forget that businesses get financial incentives like tax breaks for hiring marvin and for hiring retards. It fills the diversity quotas and the company can claim they're good and socially responsible.
>>
>>35210972
It took me a year to find an accounting job after I graduated with my BS in Accounting with a 3.7 gpa. Just saying.
>>
>>35210972
Your mother seems to be a stupid baby boomer who still thinks you can afford a decent home and a car with a single, simple job.
>>
File: images-39.jpg (5KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
images-39.jpg
5KB, 237x213px
>>35211246
good morning, sweetie.
>>
>>35210972
>Why can the niggers and retards get decent jobs but you can't?
Affirmative action.

>I think there are plenty of fresh college graduates working shit jobs, and struggling to find work.
Completely true. In fact you can undoubtedly find statistics to back up that assertion, which you should for the next time she bitches at you.
>>
>>35211246
its how I got mine
>tfw I work with professional chefs yet I don't know how to cook
>>
>>35213750
>tfw when i'm a professional chef and i work with an asshole kid who doesn't know how to cook

fuck you, matt
>>
>>35213813
I feel kinda bad, because I'm sure they didn't take this job knowing they would have to babysit some retard.
I just try to stay out of their way
>>
>>35213837
the best way to win chefs over is to work hard and don't ask stupid questions
>>
>>35211247
>>35210972

I don't get how normies under a certain IQ / without mental stimulation just become so braindead rigid later in life, they are incorrigible when it comes about stuff like this

>people actually believing every college grad gets a job which is also related to his field

I don't get how you come to believe such hogwash even in the first place
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.