[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any /adopted/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: nancy.png (539KB, 540x775px) Image search: [Google]
nancy.png
539KB, 540x775px
> be Adopted
> live many years without really researching it or imagining I would ever find birth-parents
> not long ago, take Ancestry DNA test, mostly just to see what countries I come from
> get a match who is some cousin, asking me how we are related
> I tell them I'm adopted and don't know how I'm related to anybody; they turn out to have a huge family tree and before you know it, we have narrowed down my birth-parents to a small number of their cousins
> Get on a FB group for this stuff and somebody else poked around and next thing you know, I know the exact identity of my biological father, who is living within 40 miles of me and always has
> this mutual relative mentions it to him and shows the DNA ervidence
> I thought he would be elated because other evidence shows that he knew I existed
> he acts cagey and claims he doesn't remember ever having such a child
> my birthmother is already dead

> TL; DR, I finally found my blood parents and the one who's living does want to claim me
>>
>>35207062
>the one who's living does want to claim me

(OP) Make that DOES NOT
>>
You shouldn't exist. You should have been aborted.
>>
>>35207062
im planning to adopt in a few years but I dont want my kids to leave me to try and reconnect with their birth parents its a fear of mine
>>
Are you surprised? They gave you up for a reason. Your father is even less likely to give a shit because he didn't carry you for 9 months. He probably saw you as a burden that adoption fixed.

Your bio parents aren't the people who raised you anyways. Don't place too much importance on them.
>>
>>35207089
Adoption is a massive meme. Unless you're doing a private adoption, all the babies are from druggies and moms so poor they ate McDonald's the entire pregnancy.

Enjoy raising someone else's Oppositional Defiance Disorder fucktrophy.
>>
I'm not adopted, but sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I had a different family.

>'retard' brother, 2 years older
>this turned my parents into bitter husks of people, they took my brother's existence out on me
>kids gave me shit about it because he did dumb autistic shit in school like run around and yell and touch himself. best case they just left me alone.
>no play from the ladies because of this
>parents divorced at 15. They stopped being EXTREMELY shitty to me after this but the damage was done.

If I was a adopted, as an only child, by a nice couple who had money? I think my life would've been a million times better.
>>
>>35207062
Everyone's parents are like that. Men don't want kids they want sex. Women want kids but only to entertain themselves while Chad is away. Your mom probably smoked the whole pregnancy.
>>
>>35207117
those are the kids that are in need of help the most. every life is precious, if you were one of those drug babies you'd want someone to adopt you too
>>
>>35207062
perhaps he legitimately didn't know because your mom had the kid without him?
>>
>>35207196
Oh boy... You have no idea what you're getting into. I guarantee you don't have a sibling with the issues adopted children commonly have. It is hell.

If you want to do good in the world, volunteer at a homeless shelter, or help kids in a Big Brother Big Sister organization. Don't take in a disaster child for nearly 20 years.

Please read some adoption horror stories before getting into this.
>>
>>35207266
>Please read some adoption horror stories
That would be a really silly thing to do, that would be like me deciding not to leave the house because a murder occurred today

If you go looking for horror then you'll obviously be sure to find it. I'm more interested in the feel good stories myself
>>
>>35207364
Your "i adopted a druggie baby because i'm such a good person!" saintliness will quickly fade when your child is attacking other kids at school, attacks you, and later in life drains all your money.
>>
>>35207409
A guy at my work is adopted and he is a saint. Good parenting is all that matters.
>>
>>35207465
You are wrong. You are so, so wrong. No amount of love will cure autism, ADHD, ODD, the list goes on and on.
>>
>>35207529

So what do you suggest we do with those people? Just let them die?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.