[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: images.duckduckgo.jpg (24KB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.jpg
24KB, 450x270px
I'm an animator. It's a cool job.

But the best part is that I get to sit in my room for 12+ hours everyday, draw, and not have to ever leave. Ever. Unless it's time for exercise, eating, bathroom... My basic dooties.
And I feel 100% balanced and happy doing it. Nothing makes me happier.
What is your job, right now?
>>
I'm a cashier at a grocery store. Used to work for a tutoring corporation but I quit to pursue my true passion of scanning groceries.
To be perfectly honest though, the salary was better at the grocery store which is all sorts of fucked up. I make too much money for the work I do and I still have like 7 dollars worth of raises waiting for me still.
That being said, I hate my job a lot and want to do something else. I'm afraid that I'm going to accidentally into management at this store though and be stuck forever.
>>
>>35206540
>That being said, I hate my job a lot and want to do something else. I'm afraid that I'm going to accidentally into management at this store though and be stuck forever.
what is your favorite thing to scan?
>>
>>35206576
We sell roast chickens hot and a lot of people buy them. They smell super good and when you put them in the bag, the smell wafts up to your nose.
>>
>>35206586
>the smell wafts up to your nose.
lol
what do the pretty girls always buy? Is there a pattern in their purchases?
Let me guess: Gift cards, and some kind of booze?
>>
>>35206619
The pretty girls usually buy lots of avocados and health shit. Usually the booze is bought by older people because grocery stores can only sell 3.2 alcohol in this state. Gift cards are bought evenly by every demographic.
I'm going back to school in the summer so I can at least get a degree to get a different job.
>>
I climb cell towers. Well, that's what I'm supposed to do but a lot of the sites are so fucked up that you spend a lot of time in the shelter. I hate it. Everyone in this industry is a loser. There isn't a single person at this company who doesn't have at least one of the following: dui, felony, drug/alcohol addiction, child support to several different women.

I've been doing out of town work for the past 3 months and have been living out of a hotel. Money is really pretty good, but it fucking sucks.
>>
>>35206516
I work part-time at a movie theater. It's a good job, the managers and co-workers are cool, and I get to gorge myself on popcorn.

I one day hope to become a director. It's a lofty goal, but one day I hope to make enough to buy and run a small movie theater that I live above, in a small snowy town with relatively friendly people and relatively low crime.
>>
>>35206619
They buy those tiny little naked or bathhouse fruit/vegetable drinks and then leave with no other items.
>>
>>35206516
ARE YOU A REEEAL ANIMATOR?
>>
>>35206699
My nigga I used to work for Regal Theaters. 10/10 job because I got to watch free movies and eat popcorn.
>>
File: 1487209105287.jpg (214KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487209105287.jpg
214KB, 1024x1024px
I deliver pizzas right now. Honestly it's pretty good with decent tips.

I used to work planting bareroot plants with people on meth and acid, did a few days at a Wendy's where people would literally cut themselves and shoot up DURING SHIFT in the back, and then worked for a registered sex offender scrapping wooden shingles off his roof when I was 16 for 7 dollars an hour.

I can't wait till I get my degree in environmental restoration, I can ju instead of fat pieces of crap wanting pizzasst be around plants making things look pretty again
>>
Working at a ski rental store in Japan. Work sucks but everything else is great.
>>
File: om89cyhs35d815.jpg (16KB, 420x305px) Image search: [Google]
om89cyhs35d815.jpg
16KB, 420x305px
I'm in the Marine Corps. Been in for almost two years. About to become an NCO and have a little bit of management power. Marine Corps forces me to live relatively healthy and work out. It also forces you to socialize and you talk to a ton of people every day. There are assholes and cool people in it just like high school. It's an alright gig. You honestly spend a ton of time waiting around on your phone or reading or fucking off. A lot easier than some labor jobs I had before I joined.
>>
>>35206516
UNEMPLOYED
JOBFAGGOTS GET OFF MY BOARD
>>
>>35206667
How do you get into something like that? Thinking of something to do after the military for a bit to make some money before I know what I want to major in.
>>
File: _MG_8250 Colt 45 6pack 16oz-S.jpg (45KB, 325x300px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_8250 Colt 45 6pack 16oz-S.jpg
45KB, 325x300px
>>35206720
Scumbag jobs can be kind of fun. It's always interesting to take a walk at the very bottom of society from time to time.
>>
>>35206667
>I hate it. Everyone in this industry is a loser. There isn't a single person at this company who doesn't have at least one of the following: dui, felony, drug/alcohol addiction, child support to several different women.
then rule them, and show them how winners do it. Also your job sounds pretty masculine.

>>35206656
you should go up to pretty girls and say, "What's up? Do you like avocados?" Also goodluck with school

>>35206700
>bathhouse fruit/vegetable drinks and then leave with no other items
that's the exact image i had in my head
also they wear a lot of perfume

>>35206699
>>35206699
>I one day hope to become a director
totally read that as dictator at first. Anyway, goodluck. keep practicing; that's your best bet
>>35206720
>environmental restoration,
woah that's cool
>>35206733
>Working at a ski rental store in Japan
that sounds really interesting. i bet you see lots of people.

>>35206742
if i wasn't an animator i'd be in the army. I love my country a lot, but animating is better for me. So thank you for loving your people, and seeming like a pretty normal person.
Say, let me ask you a question: Is it true that marines are more hopeful than any other branch of the military?

wow a lot of people are responding to this thread.
Anyway, goodnight guys i have more animating to do in the morning. As an animator you've got to have a strict schedule, unless you're ok with being lazy.
>>
I've heard animators and those in the animation field are often overworked and underpaid
>>
Just retail hell. I wanna leave but I can't find anything else that's part time not in food.
>>
>>35206810

It's true! They were the most memorable for sure, I would never go back and do them again, but for the few months I bounced around as a temp/mexican at home depot were really good too
>>
>>35206844
>I've heard animators and those in the animation field are often overworked and underpaid
an animator complaining about too much work is like a fish complaining about drowing; it probably was never supposed to be a fish

I do it because it makes me happy not because someone else dislikes it

and underpaid? God damn i'm alive so i'm fine
>>
>>35206786
The only requirement is a high school diploma and a driver's license. These fuckers higher everyone and most new guys quit in the first month. There is ton of hazing and everyone at the company will treat you like shit until you've been there for about a year. Just say "I know it's not an easy job" in the interview and you're hired.
>>
>>35206844
Also, one more thing: If somebody invests literally thousands and thousands of hours into animation and becomes halfway decent enough to make money and complains, they'll never be happy. That's like going to medical school and becoming a heart surgeon and saying "eww i hate the blood :((("
>>
Janitor is the ultimate robot job.

No social interaction. Noone excepts much from you. You can jackoff in the bathroom for hours or shitpost while getting paid if you want.

I'm basically a ghost. It's a wierd feeling. I haven't spoken with anyone in weeks. Maybe months
>>
>>35206903
*hire. Jesus Christ my phone is dumb. Probably a million other typos too
>>
>>35206719
Workin' at Landmark here, the free movies are fucking amazing. I get really autistic during bad rushes though, every time one of those happens you'll have at least four shitlicking bastards that order hot dogs at the same time. I sorta mentally shut down because of all the people.

>>35206814
Thanks bruv
>>
i work at a double digit billion-dollar tech company as an artist.

the people are generally really nice, clean, geeky. the perks are really great, we get free lunches, tons of free snacks, fruits and goodies available, group-bonding council sessions, weekly after-work parties and events, the best benefits in the country, sponsors and collaborations with some of the biggest labels in the world...

sometimes we roast zuck the suck lol.

all i do is push and pull anchor points on flash for the art portion. the rest is very technical and all about understanding the program that is developed to use the assets.

sometimes i get kind of bored and distracted at work. i'm a digital painter who aimed to work as a concept artist in video games and movies, but somehow landed this job instead. i can't complain, this is probably the best pay/benefits/perks i'm going to get next to working at apple or microsoft or some shit. but i always get that itch to paint but i'm usually exhausted and just want to be a lazy fuck when i'm home.

i know people who work in the movie and games biz but they aren't doing so well and can't even afford to move out.... even if their projects are cool as fuck. maybe not going into that is for the best...

i'm thinking of opening my own business. might start a youtube channel or something and pray to earn a million some day so i can retire on a bed of money and paint whatever the fuck i want.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.