[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they modern hippies? I mean i know hipsters, but i mean is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: random.jpg (296KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
random.jpg
296KB, 400x300px
Are they modern hippies?
I mean i know hipsters, but i mean is there some subculture that don't like money, is friendly to some kinda of slight retared and socially akward guy as me and hate instagram/fb.
Maybe is just fantasty, but i love the Thomson hunter books, gratefully dead, bob dylan. I dream about something like that, everywhere i go i meet this kinda of technology, fb, consumerism bullshit with gives my insanity becouse my job is consist of 8-10h of looking in fucking lcd and programming (as junior code monkey nothing special). I want to run away, is there some culture that do that? Resurrection of hippies?
>>
>>35203989
These people exist but it's not like you can just join a club. Well you could find hippie clubs or whatever but they probably won't have the kind of people you're looking for. It's not exactly helpful but you just need to do your best to meet interesting people who are looking for the same thing as you
>>
Yeah, there is people like that, at least where I've lived I've met people like this.
I don't know what to say next, but ask away, I can tell you what I've experienced.
The thing to remember is that people are different, and you can only expect different things from different people, whatever "culture" they seem to belong to.
>>
>>35203989
>is there some subculture that don't like money, is friendly to some kinda of slight retared and socially akward guy as me

Well yea, stoners, obviously. Though I suppose if you're from someplace weed is becoming a hipster legal thing then this doesn't apply and you'd need to dig deeper. Maybe try for some rave crew or something. They also tend to be open minded. Even if they're normies at heart the drugs do make them ignore social awkwardness.

Tl; Dr: Drugs. People who "get stupid" for fun usually don't mind someone who's naturally awkward
>>
>>35205075
can confirm I would be classified as a normie on here, I like taking lots of drugs, I do my best to befriend socially awkward people
>>
>>35205075
Most stoners that I've known are either Kool Kidz or judgemental pricks or just over-the-counter "rebels".
Most of the people that I've known who is kind of like what OP is looking for do not smoke weed, and usually they don't do drugs either.
>>
>>35203989
juggalos probably
>>
>>35205157
>Most of the people that I've known who is kind of like what OP is looking for do not smoke weed, and usually they don't do drugs either.

So squares who don't like money and are cool with autism ?
Academic marxists ?
I really haven't a clue as to which group of people you might be referring to, but OK.
>>
>>35205201
The problem is that you're trying to cast people in some predefined templates.
Most stoners are the normiest of the normies, the people that OP is referring to isn't a specific demographic defined by something like
>420 blaze it dood xD
To put it briefly, they are scattered through all spheres of life. Whatever group of people you can think of, it's 90% awful people, and just a few that are actually cool and not fucking shallow circlejerks of some kind.
>>
>>35205276
that kinda sounds like you're describing gaia's dancing indigo children, but fine. I feel like these are just the people you personally can relate with. but OP was asking about an actual group, not a categorical one
>>
File: phish.jpg (134KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
phish.jpg
134KB, 500x333px
>>35203989
You should get into the Phish scene. Phish kids are very non-judgmental, unless you do something stupid like pull your phone out during a terrific jam. People are very locked in.

Tons of us are programmers too, it's actually the dream job for a Phish fan (especially if you work remotely). The band's lyricist writes code too and still works as a dev in NJ. He's at shows all the time.

People give food, drugs, tickets, etc. away for free. There is commerce, but it's through an underground, traveling market place we call Shakedown St that pops up in parking lots near wherever the band is playing.

I grew up reading Thompson, Burroughs, Kerouac, RAW, etc. and I thought I was le wrong generation until I found my tribe.

The entire scene, the music, the festivals, are all set up as a celebration of and catalyst for psychedelic experiences. They constantly surprise you, whether it's playing nonstop from midnight to sunrise, or holding an impromptu jam atop an air traffic control tower on a decommissioned military base.

And the light show...pic fuckin related
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.