[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have my brain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170105_111443_576.jpg (51KB, 445x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170105_111443_576.jpg
51KB, 445x453px
I can understand it when my thoughts are affected by my physical condition. But why should my thoughts have an influence on my body? Why do they make my heart ache or my head go dizzy? Why do my hands just shake when I remembere something? I don't want to feel like this, it's just stupid
I wish my thoughts and memories wouldn't make me literally sick.
>>
>>35201890
Have you tried being yourself and putting yourself out there?
>>
>>35201979
Of course! I also tried believing in myself, that worked out just fine you stupid motivational cunt
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 236x213px
>>35201890
>But why should my thoughts have an influence on my body?

it's because the human nervous system is hardly limited to the brain (pic related). and this doesn't include the hormonal system which also plays a role in creating emotions. Adrenalin, for example, is secreted from a gland above the kidneys. This is why you can pretty much feel fear "in your gut."

It's autistic to think of yourself as a brain attached to an organic robot. You are your whole body. Even your highest functions are in no way separable from it.
>>
>>35202040
Can I remove all those glands?
>>
File: download.jpg (73KB, 780x544px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
73KB, 780x544px
>>35202070
>Can I remove all those glands?

it would be extremely painful

(also you'd die because glands regulate some vital functions such as blood sugar. that one in your neck pretty much regulates your whole biological clock)
>>
>>35202125
What if humanity learn how to make the Futurama headache? Will the existence of those who become nothing more than a living head be more peaceful?
>>
>>35201890
Your conscious thought is connected to your subconscious which you have less control over.

You can't stop flinching if you put your hand in hot coffee for example. You consciously command your hand to go into the coffee then when the pain hits your subconscious takes over.
>>
>>35202181
>Will the existence of those who become nothing more than a living head be more peaceful?

maybe you would still feel some kind of emotional "interference" based on the chemicals in the tube they plugged into your brain. what you're looking for is an absolutely rational mind entirely (or, to the highest degree) separated from its body. What you're looking for isn't tranquility...it's like....god or some shit.
>>
>>35202215
>You can't stop flinching if you put your hand in hot coffee for example. You consciously command your hand to go into the coffee then when the pain hits your subconscious takes over.

Inaccurate. "The subconscious" has nothing to do with reflexes. Those come from the spine. Nerve impulses such as intense pain don't bother going all the way up to the brain and instead just go to the spine. There, a reflex motion "command" is automatically sent out and you flinch. It's an entirely mechanical process and you're unaware of it because it didn't even reach your brain, not because it was played out by your subconscious. Your subconscious was probably too busy thinking about how that pen looks like a dick to focus on avoiding damage to the body.

The subconscious is a higher brain function responsible for many unconscious processes (dreams, for instance) with influence over many conscious ones (suppressed thoughts influencing behavior, for example). Reflexes are something else.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.