[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subcultures

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (54KB, 634x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 634x408px
What subculture were you anons a part of? Describe it please.

Skateboarding was the only source of masculinity in my childhood and teenage years.
>physical development
>requires facing fears head on
>coordination development
>extremely fun
>is extremely rewarding to improve
>turned the restrictive and boring city into a landscape full of possibility to explore
>there is no experience like skating through the city with your friends, finding new skate spots, meeting new people, rushing down hills, impressing tourists, and then hanging out all night just skating around and getting high
>those dope spots that only skaters know about
>as we get older weed and drugs become a huge part of it
>hanging out all night turns into smoking all night
>skateboards used more for transportation and less for tricks
>more and more friends stop skating because they haven't improved in years or because they found something else
>all anyone only wants to get high and stay inside all day

The drug culture is cool too, and it's given me tons of amazing experiences and taken me to cool places, but skateboarding will always hold a spot in my heart
>>
>>35201602
I absolutely fucking love you. You know who you are. I wish nothing but the best for you and I hope some day you gain the power you've always dreamt of.
>>
>>35201602
where are you from, origami poster?
>>
File: ___.png (497KB, 594x598px) Image search: [Google]
___.png
497KB, 594x598px
I feel nothing but contempt for people over the age of 16 I see skateboarding. It isn't hatred since it's always good for someone to have a hobby, but it really just rubs me up the wrong way.
>>
people that nobody liked and did lots of drugs
>>
>>35201602
If you were part of a subculture you aren't as a robot. Robots are social outcast
>>
ignore the h8ing
keep on sk8ing

Can you recommend a good skateboard/longboard/scooter just for general transportation? Like one with rubber wheels and suspension or something so you can go over cobbled surfaces but not too imposing so I don't scare pedestrians and look like a cunt.
>>
>>35201602
You know I always had a really low opinion of skaters but this post opened my eyes a bit. That being said I'm from the Northwest so it feels a lot more posery than elsewhere. Like a bunch of douches trying to be like the punks in LA or wherever. What do you think?
>>
>>35201602
a subculture of these big fat creeps in trench coats
>>
>>35201602
>Skateboarding
>masculinity
No.
>>
I was a vidya gamer outcast until junior year where I hanged with the stoners then back to outcast
>>
Well in highschool my druggie music friend brought me to a backyard gig. From there I started to listen to more stuff and eventually went to the gigs myself. Been to a bunch of surf punk concerts but I always go by myself and dont know anyone else. Don't drink or do drugs either so thats a good majority of the people.
>>
>>35201602
The autistic one
>>
>>35201602
I was a surfer through middle school and high school. Fucking great times spending summers at the beach surfing and smoking weed, talking to bikini highschool grills, and being too cool for school

I was a big metalhead in highschool. There was an awesome 80s thrash revival scene going on in hollywood in those days (2004-2008) and we'd hop the bus every Friday to Hollywood to drink, smoke, mosh, and run the streets. Had long blonde hair and wore nothing but denim, leather, and band shirts

After HS i got into punk, buzzed my head, and did basically the same thing but i'd go to more ghetto areas for shows. Wore nothing but denim, doc martens, band shirts, flannels, and my leather jacket.

In that time i also found some cool goth clubs that id go to every once in a while, but i was never a goth

Now I'm in my late 20s with no regrets. I fucking killed youth.

>ib4 reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Braapculture.
I don't need to explain it further.
>>
I was/am part of two subcultures at the moment. The brony subculture and the hanggliding subculture.
I do have some pretty nice pics of some of my Flights, but reverse imagesearch would reveal the club I am member of, sorry, anon :)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.