[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun and games

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

Does /r9k
-visit /tg?
-play tg, lets say DnD?
-even know about DnD ?

Why /why not ?
>>
>visit /tg/
no, visited once or twice and looked like a boring board. do you like it?
>play DND?
yes recently started playing 5th for the first time ever.
>why?
Because im a loser and obsessed with high fantasy and rpgs. thought that playing would help improve my social skills and would make me a more confident speaker. hoped to make friends. Not sure if its helping but its fun.
>>
>>35200614
Are you playing online or with a group ? How long is recently ?
>>
I played Pathfinder once
The DM didn't like my character since it one shot all the beginner enemies he made and I was bad at the RP sections
So he set up a scenario where my character fell out of bed and snapped his neck

I never played since then
Bunch of wannabe bullies
>>
>>35200721
Your first experience was shit.. ever thought about becoming a dm ?
>>
I don't play DnD because I know that would be the final step before becoming a complete permavirgin loser.
>>
>>35200673
online. My group is never consistent and our DM is also a beginner and has school often so we skip alot. I dont blame him, hes not a NEET and actually doing something with his life, so im happy for him.
>>
I don't have friends to play it, never had
>>
>>35199877
I've played a couple of games, online. One was alright and went on for maybe 10 weeks, one run a week? but I had to drop out because I couldn't keep in line with their timezone. The whole game fell apart after that. It was too awkward fitting it around everyone.

The other one was ambitious but didn't get past the second week. Again, it was too difficult finding a time that suited everyone.

I would do it again but I would need to do it in person, with actual human beans.
I think it would be easier to stick to if done in person.
>>
>>35200721
The problem is so few people are willing to DM, leading to a huge chunk of DM's on the big sites like roll 20 being controlling assholes. I DM a few Pathfinder games myself and can say it's not the norm.
>>
>>35201084
No we played in person he was just a huge fag and got mad at me for my character and calling him out in literally ripping the story off of Skyrim
>>
>>35201133
I had a guy in my group create a bard character called the dragon born, stacking abilities to use his voice as a weapon. Everyone had a laugh, any DM willing to lose shit over that is retarded. Certainly no reason to give up on the game.
>>
>tfw no /r9k/ D&D game

I miss when we did those.
>>
>>35201229
This was a thing ? Damn now i want to DM a beginner session for you guys
>>
>>35201540
It used to be yeah, it was pretty amateurish but really fun. It went for like 6 sessions, with a DM and some players, other robots could spectate, and what happened in the game was posted in an ongoing thread.
>>
>do you visit /tg/?
Yes, for the MtG threads. I do lurk some RPG threads, and I would love to RPG but I don't have the time for that too.
>>
I play Pathfinder biweekly.

Rolled a summoner for shits, found out they're OP as FUCK, intend to go full meme build when I level up.

Fun stuff them PF summoners, got an eidolon bound to them, can customise them a lot, and reroll it every level.
>>
>>35199877
Yes, yes, and yes.

It's a good way to relax and socialize with a group of people. But I'm not a big fan of DnD, I'd much rather play something like Dark Heresy of a tabletop game. Just went through my first Flames of War tournament last Sunday. It was more fun than I thought it'd be.
>>
>>35201582
this sounds so fun. can we do this please?
>>
>>35201775
I'd be down, but today is a bad day unfortunately. If we were still throwing names in a hat though, to get a game going later, I'd love to.
>>
Want to play, have no friends
>>
>>35201819
ok if you ever want to make this happen please let me know. Is there a discord for R9K DND?
>>
>>35201901
Shit its 1 am here but i dont wanna miss it
>>
>>35201901
If someone makes a thread about this tomorrow, I'd be up for doing it. I could even DM.
>>
>>35201966
are you willing to DM absolute beginners? Can Fembots play too?
>>
>>35199877
>-play tg, lets say DnD
no
>why?
I don't have friends to play with
>>
>>35202027
Sure, since the idea would just be to get something started, it wouldn't be hard set rules anyway.

If someone has some means of contact and method to play on, I could collect some contacts at least, and then start things tomorrow.

Last time some public chat website was used, but anything could work. I think a lot of people have discord? Whatever works.
>>
>>35202100
alright!
If i have a lvl 2 character is that ok?
>>
>>35202175
How can you have a lvl 2 when you don't even know what system we're using?
>>
>>35202203
sorry i got excited and wasnt thinking. I assume we're going to play 5th DND?
>>
>>35202027
as long as you promise not to use the DnD group to create a circle of beta orbiters
>>
>>35202263
I don't have experience with 5th, I hear it's easy so if people would prefer that maybe. But ideally I'd rather do Pathfinder since I am more familiar with that.

>>35202304
If it were that I was to DM, believe you me I'd boot people quick as a whip for attention whoring or white knighting.
>>
I want to join but I know nothing about this. How would it even work? Rolling the dices and stuff.
>>
>>35202100
>>35202325
Id be interesting in playing, I only have a little experience DMing in 5e (have never played before) but I'm willing to play whatever format works for everyone.

heres a throwaway email in case you make a discord group

[email protected]
>>
>>35202325
>>35202100

I'm interested in playing. Absolute noob here.

[email protected]
>>
>>35202371
Well discord is just what a lot of people seem to have but it doesn't have to be that. If anyone has any alternatives, I'd be fine with that too.

>>35202417
>>35202371
Either way, if no one wants to DM otherwise, I'll do it. At the very least though we can start organizing and see who's capable of what. Assuming no one else steps up, I'll try emailing or contacting anyone who wants to, and then come tomorrow see about getting things going.
>>
>>35202304
uhhh.... ok? I honestly just really want to play the game. As ive mentioned before, the campaign Im in right not is a little unstable atm and I want to get my hands on the game so I can maybe start DMing myself. I only mentioned because I saw that some DMs dont like playing with girls and I wanted to make sure everyone is cool with that, sorry.
>>
>>35199877
I play a pathfinder game every few weeks with my friends. It's super fun :3
>>
>>35202457
Yeah I think most people seem to use discord these days, and if they don't it would be pretty accessible to get it

are you familiar with roll20.net?
>>
I play d&d with a group of people at my university, I really enjoy playing d&d although when my character is interacted with it's hard playing the cunning witty paladin cause 9/10 times my autism flails up and I end up acting like a tit
>>
>>35202577
wow this is a really COOl post my man really good post I'm reading it I read it 5 times by now oops I read it 7 now hahaha I can't stop reading your post I want to marry this post now that I think about it really GOOD post I'm just kind of not even sure how to proceed from here ahaha I'm a little nervous sorry
>>
So what, are y'all going to be posting this on r9k like they used to or to follow the adventure are we going to have to join the Discord?
>>
>>35199877
I played a bit of 3.5 but never regularly enough to really get a campaign going. Bought hundreds of gbp worth of 4e and enjoy making characters using the character creator but again never got a game off the ground. No one ever wants to DM. I tried it just to get something happening but didn't enjoy it and it only happened the once. Did LARPing for about a year. Screwed two of the people I met there. That was the highlight desu. Didn't enjoy it because there was no decent way to use the massive weapons. People just treated them like shitty light weapons because, after all, they were light. Wish it was like muh Dark Souls.
>>
>>35202545
I am familiar with roll20 and we could use it, though I prefer text play or imagining, rather than hard maps. If people would prefer that though we could.

>>35202583
If things go the way I have in mind, the game will be taking place on some platform (Roll20, Discord, whatever), non-players can spectate, and there will also be a thread here detailing the game or just discussion.
>>
>>35202581
I'm confused, are you mocking me anon?
>>
I visit /tg/ more than /r9k/ but that isn't much to begin with and it is a dry, but alright board if you want ideas or images for online campaigns. I DM a 4e game and am playing a solo 5e game. D&D is tight, while it isn't the best way to get together to play a game since almost everyone always has to be there it is one of the most fun games you can play in a group. Even as fun, if not more, if you are DMing.
>>
>>35202583
both, i think. orginiaaa
>>
I want to join. Absolute begginer too, though. Only one DnD session once. Here's my throaway
[email protected]
>>
>>35202674

To this and the other interested/email people, I'm off for now but later on will probably respond to see who is actually interested. Then tomorrow, will get underway about playing.

If someone also wants to make a thread about this tomorrow that would also be good.
>>
>>35202744
I'm
>>35202371

I just made a discord server and invited those who posted an email, can you drop a throwaway or something?
>>
Has anyone in this thread actually heard of /qst/? It is a purpose built board for games like this. It's right there, have a look.
>>
>>35202799
/qst/ is for board games, this would be an actual RPG game.
>>
>>35202789
Sure, [email protected]
>>
my throwaway, but ill keep a eye om this thread:
[email protected]
>>
>>35202828
That's not in the least bit true. I've only ever seen. done RPG stuff on there. There's even a dice roll mechanic.
>>
File: 1459535250293.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459535250293.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>35199877
>Visit /tg?
Yes, very often. One of my most frequently visited boards.

>play tg, lets say DnD?
Yes. I used to be into Warhammer since I was like 7 years old - Started with Lord of the Rings, then moved onto 40k and played Tyranids.stopped a couple of years ago due to it getting prohibitively expensive.
I'm into Magic the Gathering and own many ludicrously expensive decks, but don't have any local stores I can get to easily, so they all just gather dust in their boxes. MTGO is a clunky piece of crap.
As for D&D, I'm currently DMing an offline 5e campaign for a group of some of my only friends; we've all known eachother since before we could walk. One player just murdered 30 people in the middle of a big city with an ice storm for no good reason, and I'm having to consider how well-equipped and disciplined the guards are for tomorrow's session, so they can deliver consequences to his actions.
I only DM'ed for the first time a few months ago - I was a player in this 5e campaign, and the DM handed the reins to me since he had too much other work to do.

>Even know about DnD ?
I'm more familiar with Only War / Dark Heresy / Rogue Trader, I was in a long campaign in those systems which spanned about 3 years a while back.
Other than that, I've played a number of 3.5 / pathfinder campaigns which have inevitably died off after a couple of sessions due to scheduling issues.
My current 5e campaign is the longest-running one I've had for a while. The players are currently around level 8.

I'd be up to join this planned /r9k/ game, depending on whatever time it might take place.

[email protected]
>>
>>35202852
If people come into shit up your thread there though you can't stop them.
>>
Here's my throwaway, spot me a link.
[email protected]
>>
>>35202789
can i get a invite too dude?? thanks.
>>
>>35202789
[email protected] plsease
>>
>>35202877
That's true, I suppose. Doubtful it would make much of a difference though, unless you were in the middle of a super serious campaign. Just starting out, that seems unlikely.
>>
*winkyface*

[email protected] , my dude.
>>
>>35199877
>-visit /tg?
Yeah, pretty often, twice a week, sometimes more.
>-play tg, lets say DnD?
No, unfortunately.
But if I knew someone doing it, I would ask him to introduce me in a play once.
>-even know about DnD ?
Of course. Even read some books and stuff about it.
>>
>>35202891
if you posted an email you should have one

I don't want the server to get too big because I know it's a bitch to dm for 5+ people
>>
>Visit /tg/?
Yes
>Play D&D
For the past nine years.
>Why?
Because telling stories with friends will always be fun.
>>
>>35202978
Don't you ever struggle with RP around friends to get into character? Like really go at it, full autism?
>>
>>35202956
Designate the players as mods or something, so you can still have non players join and able to spectate.
>>
>>35199877
I've always wanted to play dnd but I have no friends to play dnd with
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.