[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/OnTheRoad/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 1488307060848.jpg (144KB, 1219x632px)
1488307060848.jpg
144KB, 1219x632px
Who here /OnTheRoad/? I was really close to killing myself, but then I realized that I didn't want to die; rather I just wanted to escape. Ever since then I've just been hitching around. Not gonna lie, it's extremely uncomfy a lot of the time. But at least I've broken the cycle of excruciating monotony that so many of us here feel. Is there anyone here like me? The worst part about it is that I'm so lonely, even when someone who picks me up strikes up a good conversation, eventually I have to leave them behind.
>>
>>35198901

Sounds liberating, tbqh. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Life's repetitiveness is getting to me
>>
ITT: OP posts his wish fulfillment
>>
>>35198960
I wouldn't call it fulfillment. I'm fucking homeless. But it's better than dying.
>>
>>35198979
Will you give me dicksuckings and act kawaii while I pretend you're a girl if I give you a place to live? How do I exploit homeless people for dicksuckings? Is there a way?
>>
>>35198901
I've often considered it. Then I remember it's freezing outside.
>>
I'm in too much debt to ever try such a thing. I hate where I am right now, but I'm obligated to either stay or kill myself.
>>
>>35199153
No, and I guess if you're looking for a homeless person to suck your dick, look for a junkie. They'll do anything for money.
>>
>>35199228
Run away from your debt.. duh
>>
>>35198901
how to make road life as comfy as possible?
>>
>>35199239
I want you. I can buy you hormones and treat you really nice. You'll look super cute in no time
>>
>>35199301
Be friendly and try to talk to people who pick you up. A lot of times people give me money because they feel bad for me. It helps if you have some kind of talent you can show them (I play guitar). Things not to do:
>hitch at night
>get in a car with a bunch of dudes (unless you have a knife or something)
Try to have a destination in mind; so you'll need to look at a map pretty often. Shower whenever you can, whether it's at a shelter or a YMCA or something.
Be prepared to walk a lot, sometimes people just won't pick you up for whatever reason. The best place to hitch is on entrance/exit ramps to highways or around truck stops.
Sorry if that's kind of disorganized, I'm just typing as these pop into my head.
>>35199318
sorry desu
>>
>>35199266
I'd be hurting the person who cosigned the loans, and I couldn't bring myself to do that.
>>
I'm going to, soon, but not going to be homeless
I'm going to travel around via wwoofing. My goal is to be able to live without money, and imo wwoofing is a great way to get started with that while keeping a roof over my head and good quality food every day

Plus I can feel my body craving physical work
>>
>>35199476
What is this, anon, I'm curious. A lot of times I wish I had something more productive to do.
>>
File: 1473814915779.jpg (37KB, 466x349px) Image search: [Google]
1473814915779.jpg
37KB, 466x349px
My sister did something like this where she went around the country doing workaways. I've wanted to do this for a while but just haven't worked up the guts to actually take action. I don't know what exactly I want out of life, but I do know what I DON'T want, and the conventional 9-5 monotony that everyone around me glorifies and considers "making it" is NOT what I want.
>>
>>35199476
what is wwoofing senpai?
>>
>>35199623

> the conventional 9-5 monotony that everyone around me glorifies and considers "making it"

protip: nobody actually believes that horseshit they spew. almost everyone despises that and is miserable, but they pretend otherwise because they see no other way to live and can't admit that they're dead inside.
>>
>>35199611
>>35199624
wwoof is a website that links you to organic farms throughout USA (wwoofusa) or elsewhere. Most big countries have one. It costs 30$ per year to use but there's also alternatives like workaway or helpx

So you then go to a farm of your choosing after contacting the host and settling shit and work there for 5-6 hours a day 5-6 days a week in exchange for bed and food. You stay there as long as you want, usually predetermined before you go to the farm, though you are free to leave at any time. No binding, no restrictions, just simple work in exchange for food and bed.

The key is that there's no money involved so you're free to do this in any country of your choosing. For example I'm not American so I cannot work in USA but I'm starting out by wwoofing in USA which is 100% legal for me to do.
>>
So how do you afford to do that OP? I mean food, internet and shit.
>>
>>35199742

so it's like having a normal job
>>
>>35198901
OP do you have any interesting stories to tell?
>>
I want to but I don't know how I'll survive if I do that. How do you manage OP?
>>
>>35199788
Yeah, sure. If you can't see the difference between this and working a normal job in a city then wwoof is not for you.

At any rate, the way I'm using it is not the norm. What it "actually" is for is simply to gain experience in organic farming. What I'm using it for is to live as a kingly vagabond.

Now that I have settled this as my future (will start out in 4 months), my dreams are all about this
>wake up early in the morning
>hear nothing but the chirping of birds outside
>get up and enjoy the early hours of the day
>do physical comfy work that is 100 times more rewarding than office shit
>work is still easy. Mostly planting and tending of life
>eat a homemade lunch that was harvested not even an hour ago
>continue a bit more of work
>finish by 1pm, 2pm at most
>have the rest of the day to do nothing but read and meditate in nature
>when I get tired of this farm, pack up my shit and go anywhere else I want
>/anywhere else I want/
>>
>>35199937
Do they let you have Internet and stuff
>>
>>35199772
I don't eat a lot desu. Like I mentioned earlier, sometimes people give me money because they feel bad for me. I haven't had to beg yet, but I probably will in the future. Occasionally I stop in a town for a few days and do some work for the local shelter or play my guitar for cash. As far as internet goes, I just use public wifi whenever I'm stopped (that is, if I can find it). A lot of the places I've been aren't very urban, so it's a lot rarer than I thought before I started.
>>35199861
A few. One that immediately comes to mind was when I was first starting out I got picked up by a pretty normal-looking guy, but really late at night. He drove me for a while (I was headed for Texarkana at the time) then pulled over and offered me $50 to blow him. I said no and he got pissed off, so I ended up getting out and running away. That was the first night I spent totally isolated from civilization. And that's why you don't hitch at night; perverts like to pick up hitchhikers in their free time.
>>35199872
It's not by any means easy. Physically it's a lot more taxing, and there's a lot of stress in wondering when I'll get to eat next. But at the same time, I've seen so many different places and met so many people. I feel like it's a truly neutral lifestyle. Maybe we could hitch together sometime, anon.
>>
I'm planning on doing a similar thing. I just want to pack some clothes, some money, a tent and a sleeping bag and just wander around all summer long and come back home in September/October. I'm huge autismo and constant exposure to people may help me learn some social skills and cure some of my social anxiety. Yet most of the time I would be alone and just meditate while walking. I imagine it must be great to spend the whole night in tent in some forest during a storm.
>>
>>35200059
Depends on the farm entirely (some of them are 100% off the grid) but 95+% do have internet

You can do anything you want after you work. And since there's no bureaucracy everything's flexible, too.
Most people don't know the joy of not having to work for an invisible man way up in the corporate ladder who dictates their schedules and workdays. It's a very big difference.
>>
>>35200074
>You in western Canada by any chance?
>>
>>35200149

do they has aminals or is it just crops? don't care much for gardening but I'd love to hang out with farm critters all day
>>
>>35200175
ignore the >
>>
>>35200074
>Maybe we could hitch together sometime, anon.
Maybe, if you come to mexico
>>
>>35200176
Again, depends on the farm.

Especially in USA, there's plenty of every single type of farm you can imagine.

The only requirement for farms to be able to get listed in wwoof is for them to be organic and sustainable. Beyond that, everything's game
Some are vineyards, some are permaculture plantations, some have animals, some are a farm coupled with a retreat centre, some are all of these or none of these and much more.

The type of accomodation you get varies too. Some have a private single room with bathroom and everything, some are a camping tent outside.

And it's up to you 100% to decide where you want to wwoof.
>>
>>35200149
Do you just show up and live with them like part of the family? What are the social dynamics of all this

What if you are very socially awkward
>>
>>35200175
>>35200193
No, unfortunately. I just stopped in Missoula, and I think I may stay here a while. It's beautiful. I'm not sure what would happen if I tried to hitch across national borders, but maybe I'll give it a try.
>>
>>35198901
i did this a couple times, its amazing. then one time i went to america and i met a dude i traveled with. best time of my life. traveling alone cannot even compare. ama i guess.
>>
File: blodborn.png (44KB, 404x251px) Image search: [Google]
blodborn.png
44KB, 404x251px
>tfw afraid of being raped while hitchhiking
>tfw no hitchhiking buddy to protect me
>>
>>35200221
Yikes, I'm not sure how soon that'll happen.
Like I said in here >>35200252 I'm pretty far away right now, and I'm not sure about the logistics of crossing borders. Plus I know from experience that hitching near the southern border is dicey, to say the least. Even so, I'm lonely as fuck, so I'd probably risk it.
>>
>>35200242
And again, depends on the farm

This type of question is pretty much always answered right in the farm listing, and if not you just ask the host when you skype/call them to arrange shit

Also this depends a lot on the number of wwoofers farm take in. If they usually only take in one, they may either want you to be a part of their family or otherwise be completely independent socially.
If they usually take in more (like 4-8) then it also varies. May be that all wwoofers in that farm live independently of the host yet they live as a family

And everything in between.

I'm like you, so I will simply go to farms that take in 1 or 2 wwoofers with low expectations of socializing with hosts. Of course though, keeping a conversation every now and then is an essential skill in life. And hosts will want to get to know you nevertheless. So if you're really looking for isolation, this might not be for you

But if all you're worried is for you to be able to go shut yourself inside your room or to do solitary shit during the rest of the day on normal days, there's plenty of farms that offer this exactly.
>>
>>35200335
What if you have a lot of debt?
>>
File: 1392509577196.gif (1023KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1392509577196.gif
1023KB, 500x500px
>>35198901
Are you the nigga who was gonna drink tobacco juice in that thread a week ago?
>>
>>35200386
What do you mean? What would I know?

Go wwoof in another country? I dont know. Are you trying to escape the debt?
>>
>>35200620
Can you wwoof if you have lots of debt? Will they track you down?
>>
>>35200698
As long as you don't have a "IN DEBT" sticker plastered on your forehead there's no way anyone knows you're in debt.

However, upon registering as a wwoofer it asks you to confirm you have not commited any felonies. I don't know if evading debt is a felony or not so that's that.

But no, how could anyone track you down if you're working in a farm 3 states away from where you used to live?
If you want to disappear, it's a great way to do so imo. If you want to vanish immediately, just wwoof in another country and no one will ever find you
>>
>>35200778
Can you use a fake name
>>
>>35200778
What the fuck it says you have to pay $40 just to join

What is this bullshit
>>
>>35201237
It'd be hard. Most hosts ask for some form of ID to verify you're the same person with the account.

However, this is also on a case by case basis. And I can imagine that if you skype with the host beforehand you could probably avoid that.

If you're really going that route, I honestly wouldn't recommend wwoofing. Evading debt is not a small problem. It will chase you your entire life regardless of where you go and regardless of whether or not they find you.

>>35201277
Yeah, $40 per year.
If you really can't scrape up $40 even by asking your neighbor to paint his house or wash his cars, I can't say that you will be successful in doing actual work.
It's $40 dude. That's much less than a day of minimum wage that will potentially be used to feed and house you for a year.
>>
>>35201363
But what's the point of this this idea of working for no money if you still need money to be a part of it every year
>>
>>35201604
$40/year is not working for money

I can go right now down the street and ask a few people if they have some chores for me. Chances are, in less than 3 hours I have the $40 I will need for a year.

And anyway, even without the $40 it really isn't 100% free. You still need to buy your own clothes and any supplies you bring with yourself. Hosts usually provide work boots but nothing else in that regard.

If you're going to base your future life path on the need to come up with $40 per year, once again I cannot see how you could be successful doing any work whatsoever, anywhere.
>>
>>35201866
What if you get along with your hosts really well and they just let you stay there and work indefinitely without you having to pay wwoof every year
>>
>>35202332
That actually happens a whole lot of times

If you want to do that, it's perfect for that. You travel around from farm to farm looking for the right one for you and then when you find it just settle down with them long term.
No more schedules, no more set work hours. You incorporate yourself into their farm as a permanent member and as such they also (likely) also share the money they make if you need clothing or anything else.

WWOOF is really just a website with an updated list of farms (who fit the requirements) looking specifically for wwoofers. What you do with the list is in the end up to you, and how your relationship goes with the farms is also up to you.

Think of the $40 as access to the updated listing and nothing else. If you no longer have a need to access the listing, there is certainly no need to pay the $40, regardless of whether or not you continue "wwoofing" around with past farms you've been in or have settled down into one.
>>
>>35198901
have fun getting murdered retard :)
>>
I like to live in my van but I haven't traveled much. I took a trip from NH to NC and back over the course of 3 weeks and didn't like it.

I figured it would give me a chance to meet new people or get laid on tinder but I didn't talk to anyone and people were kind of shitty. It was stressful needing to find a new place to park every night and not knowing where I could or when I could next buy food or where I could just chill.

I'm probably going to drive off again eventually though. Living as a homeless person of a small city is much more fun. You get to chill at the library all the time and know where you can park and if you're feeling monotonous you know the surrounding area better and can go to park like areas. I also liked feeling like a city NPC and seeing the other homeless creepos at the library every day
>>
>>35198901
What kind of picture is this? What should I search for to find these kinds of Wojak and pepe pictures?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.