[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CURE FOR AUTISM

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

File: 810IASGMUYL.jpg (333KB, 1616x2560px) Image search: [Google]
810IASGMUYL.jpg
333KB, 1616x2560px
All autists are required to read this book. I can feel the autism shedding off already.
>>
Bumping guys. You should want to read this.
>>
>>35196310
This is what people who swear by Dale Carnegie sound like to normalfags: https://youtu.be/1W34wyKZlWQ
>>
>>35196310
This is one of the best books I've ever read! I highly recommend it to all you robots out there. And I'm not even an autist. (Least I'm not diagnosed.)
>>
>>35196504
He didnt sound genuine so of course the method would never work. People know when you are faking it most of the time.
>>
I never need a self helping book. I learn based on my experiences from my past mistakes.
>>
>>35196551
>>35196504

I've read this book and didn't the author specifically say that normies can tell when you aren't sincere so "fake it until you make it"?
>>
>>35196588
I recommend to read the book again because he always said it had to be genuine for it to work. Faking it isnt an option.
>>
>>35196310
>>35196430
>>35196507

Read the book. Its total horse shit.

>Be nice!
>Smile a lot
>Always give interest

Yeah no. I had genuine friendships before I even read that stupid book.
>>
>>35196743
I have genuine friendships too. The books is more of a way to deal with people so they wont hate you, which is a major flaw for a lot of autists on this site.
>>
>>35196805

>The books is more of a way to deal with people so they wont hate you

I had experience using the advice from that book for 5 years and let me the you that people are going to hate you no matter what. You can avoid stepping on eggshells all you want but that isnt going to make people not hate you. Also they can pinpoint when you're full of shit whether you're acting genuine or not. Its part of life. There are some books that can help you understand human nature but this shit book is not one of them.
>>
>>35196907
Well I'm going to have to just disagree with you then. This book has worked for me and that is all I can attest to this book.
>>
>>35197016

In what? Faking friendships and acting like a huge clown? Yeah what an accomplishment.
>>
>>35196584
This this one thousand times this
>>
>>35197048
You being a dick about it shows you never fully grasped the concept of this book. It never says to fake friendships. The whole point is to learn to admire and inquire into other peoples lives because the world doesnt revolve around you no matter how much it may seem like it. Being courteous and nice around people is a simple thing to do that will make people more friendly towards you. A lot of the problems the people on this board have because they are too arrogant and self-centered to fathom that people are similar to you.
>>
>>35196907
One of my first social lessons I ever took to heart I learned from an episode of Recess (The one where TJ is trying to prove everybody is his friend and likes him)

Realized that some people are just haters and will hate you no matter what just due to who you are. You can be nice and pleasant all you want but for some reason unbeknownst you to there will be people who hate you - most of the time they don't even have a valid reason to hate you but there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>35196310
I read it...ironically I read more of it after I left jail, good book but I dunno....
>>
>>35196310

But it's a normie book designed to give normies Chad-like powers.

It would do very little if anything for autists. It would be like giving a retarded kid an Emily Post book.
>>
File: 17505t.png (258KB, 460x351px) Image search: [Google]
17505t.png
258KB, 460x351px
There is no cure for autism you ignoranus, when autists attempt to mimic normalcy it always looks blatantly contrived and robotic. The key to success for autism spectrum people is to own your eccentricity, don't apologize for yourself, while at the same time, being careful not to antagonize people and conceal your power level.
>>
>>35197171
It applies logic to principles which I believe autists would greatly appreciate
>>
>>35197189

reading the ideas and applying them in day-to-day life are to very different things.
>>
>>35197200
He gives stories of people and historical figures applying the principles he states. It isn't "just" theory.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (74KB, 540x376px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
74KB, 540x376px
>>35197123

>The whole point is to learn to admire and inquire into other peoples lives because the world doesnt revolve around you no matter how much it may seem like it.
>Increase your earning power" "(Carnegie's book will) [m]ake you a better salesman, a better executive."

Yeah real sincerity right there, fucking dumbass.
>>
>>35197148

This. This right here. Sadly idiots like >>35197123 will never accept that because they're too busy wasting time reading shitty self help books from authors who don't even have a clue what they're talking about.
>>
>>35197249
Oh wow!!! Who would have guessed that be nice and genuine would lead to better business deals. People do, in fact, love argumentative assholes who insists they are right and the other person is wrong
>>
I bought this book recently but can't force myself to read it.
>>
>>35196310
>>35196430
Dale, we know it's you.
>>
>>35197313
You have to want to read it. I can only give you my recommendation
>>
>>35196310
But autistics hate having friends
>>
>>35197360
>hate having friends
>constantly complain about being lonely

Vicious cycles those autists seem to be in.
>>
>>35197224

That may very well be the case. My point is that an autist is going to have an extremely difficult time applying his techniques in their lives. If anything it'll just make us hyper-aware of how socially retarded we really are, and we'll become even more withdrawn.
>>
>>35197313
It's a struggle to get through for people who aren't avid readers, especially considering the book says to take a break of a couple of days between chapters to digest.
>>
>>35197389
We want friends. We just want autistic friends.
>>
>>35197437
Everything in life isnt going to be easy. I know this is a common platitutde used but it is all I can give to you. Acknowledging the problem is the first step to fixing it
>>
>>35197295

>Who would have guessed that FAKING BEING* nice and genuine would lead to better business deals.

Yeah no shit. Salesmen fake their niceness to increase their sales but that doesn't mean they actually want to be your friend and people can pinpoint that shit out. Ever seen that fucking retarded phone salesman at the mall? That's how fake you sound to everyone else except the difference is that you have no product to sell which is even more hilarious. A true friend cares about his FRIENDS. A salesman only cares about his profits. The fact that you think this book actually cares about relationships shows how stupid you really are.
>>
I've read it.

The book uses "friends" as in people you want a professional relationship with.

It's not going to give you real friends or give you a gf.

I'm one of those people that can operate very well in professional people environments so I don't really need to be told how to operate there.

But still have no actual friends or gf. Probably just me being introverted and ugly as fuck.
>>
>>35197475
What part of genuine do you fail to grasp? He never said to be a greasy salesman about it. Of course you can use these techiniques for ill gains but that doesnt mean the arent beneficial skills to have
>>
>>35197473

Yeah, but the point is that you're not going to fix anything. You can't make an autist a normal person any more than you make a dog become a cat. It's useless to try and a complete waste of time and energy.
>>
>>35197492
>The book uses "friends" as in people you want a professional relationship with.
This, so much this.
>>
>>35197530

Manufactured sincerity is not sincerity. It's acting, retard. Get that inside your tiny brain.
>>
It's more like "How to Manipulate Human Psychology To Your Advantage"
>>
>>35197582
Well I guess you have it all figured out then. You are on this board so I'm guessing you have fantastic social skills. No point in trying to convince you. You already believe I am your inferior so this argument is done.
>>
the shit about making is just common knowledge, but he presses how important it is to listen, which is true. the real advice in this book is how to convince others of your opinion and how to get them to do you a favor
>>
>>35197624
and another good point was in how it's sometimes better to admit you're wrong
>>
>>35197555

I think it's also in part due to the American meaning of the term friends.

My American acquaintances call me a friend. We've making talked for 25 cumulative minutes in our entire lives.
>>
>>35197616

Fuck off. Nobody asked you to post a thread about your shitty book.
>>
>>35197707
Hey maybe you can try to give an alternative argument instead of coming across as a prick that no one would want to have a discussion with.
>>
>>35196588
by actualy listening to the person and taking into acount what is being said instead of just waiting for your turn to talk fucking idiot
>>
>>35197756

I did and all you did was reply with

>Well I guess you have it all figured out then. You are on this board so I'm guessing you have fantastic social skills. No point in trying to convince you.

That's not an argument, idiot.
>>
>>35197313
read the first and last paragraphs of each page/chapter, if you find one more interested read the whole thing if not, go to the next, you will get the point and more of less of read the book in less than an hour
>>
>>35197827
Well, you see, I would give argument and you you pick what you wanted to take from my argument then proceed to insult me. Nothing productive was occurring.
>>
>>35196551
>hey guys read this book to fake being a social butterfly!
>of course people know when you fake it
nice book m8
>>
>>35197900
Not what the book is about
>>
>>35196310
nothing builds my rage than people who recommend that book, like 100 pages in and the book it LITERALLY says:

>if you aren't attractive disregard the advices on this book or you will end up in jail for being a creep.
>>
>>35197969
Good one

Original
>>
>>35197873

Oh shut up, bitch. You have no arguments because you know you got BTFO.

Let's follow an example from the book, shall we?

Let's see Andrew Carnegie. Dale Carnegie's depiction of Andrew Carnegie was that Andrew Carnegie was concerned for the lot of his fellow man. Sure, Andrew Carnegie smiled a lot and presented a friendly appearance to the press and public. Andrew Carnegie would publicly declare his support for rights of the worker and yet let his Manager Frick hire Pinkerton Guards to massacre the union workers. Andrew Carnegie would snatch good PR with his various philanthropies but also poured much of his money into the American Eugenics Movement which managed to get laws passed all over this country that mandated the sterilization of cripples.

Where's the SINCERITY in that? Fucking retard.
>>
>>35198041
Again, you can use these techniques to appear sincere if you are a really good actor. The point is not to and actually be sincere.
>>
>>35198101

Oh wow!!! So its actually a book to fake your way through friendships.

Nice job refuting this

>It never says to fake friendships. The whole point is to learn to admire and inquire into other peoples lives
>>
>>35198154
No but you can choose to use it that way if you want.
>>
>>35198176

The book still tells you to fabricate genuineness. Fabricated genuineness is not genuineness at all, of course, but acting.
>>
>>35196310
i read that bullshit when i was like twelve

is all about manipulating people and becoming a sociopath. if you're not at least somewhat attractive there's no use for that kind of knowledge.
>>
>>35196310
>mfw my mother always told me that I have to read this but I never did and now I'm here
>>
>>35196310
It's trash, takes a simplistic approach and assumes all people will be receptive to it.
>>
>>35196310

I'm very shy, and I rarely engage people into conversations (I'm pretty much always waiting for the other person to do it), but I consider myself a reasonably eloquent, charming and knowledgeable individual, so whenever it happens I can do alright.

These last few weeks I've worked with this guy that would always randomly start small talk about random subjects (climate, politics, religion, sports..) only to avoid the silence, but was LITERALLY incapable of engaging in a human-like conversation: the moment I spoke my mind about any of the subjects he brought up, he would immediately jump to another tangentially related topic ad infinitum. Don't be that guy.
>>
I read it but it didn't really change me. Sure it has some better conversation techniques but it wont do shit for general feelings of worthlessness / low confidence / anxiety.
The two books that I read that changed me the most was The Power of Now and No More Mr. Nice Guy. Both are relatively short and will provide substantial information to help change your mindset
>>
File: 1477169393808s.jpg (7KB, 165x250px) Image search: [Google]
1477169393808s.jpg
7KB, 165x250px
Let me save you some time, here's what you'll find in the book.

BECOME A FRIENDLIER NORMALFAG
1. Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
2. Give honest, sincere appreciation.
3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.
4. Become genuinely interested in other people.
5. Smile.
6. Remember that a person's name is to that
person the most important sound in any language.
7. Be a good listener. Encourage
others to talk about themselves.
8. Talk in terms of the other person's interest.
9. Make the other person feel important - and do so sincerely.
10 The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.

WIN NORMALFAGS TO YOUR INTJ WAY OF THINKING
11. Show respect for the Normie's opinions. Never say, "You're wrong."
12. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
13. Begin in a friendly way.
14. Get the Normie saying, "Yes, yes" immediately.
15. Let the Normie do a great deal of the talking.
16. Let the Normie feel that the idea is his or hers.
17. Try honestly to see things fro
m the other person's point of view.
18. Be sympathetic with the Normies' ideas and desires.
19. Appeal to the nobler motives.
20. Dramatize your ideas.

BE A FUCKING CHAD
21. Throw down a challenge.
22. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
23. Call attention to Normies' mistakes indirectly.
24. Talk about your own mistakes
before criticizing the other person.
25. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
26. Let the Normie save face.
27. Praise the slightest and every improvement. Be "lavish in your praise."
28. Give the Normie a fine reputation to live up to.
29. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
30. Make the Normie happy about doing the thing you suggest.

I would say that it's just learning normal communication between 2 reasonable people. In this day and age may not work that well, may be seen as weakness and cowardice, agressive people are seen as being sincere and Nice Guys as being manipulative assholes. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>35200270

No more Mr. nice guy was good but power of now is complete new age crap
>>
>>35198232
Just because your reading comprehension is bad doesn't mean that you take your anger out on that anon.
>>
>>35200600

Ah thanks. Now I know my tongue will turn black from all that asslicking I'll have to endure if I follow the book's advice.
>>
>>35201088

>Y-you have bad reading comprehension

Not an argument, retard.
>>
>>35201141
I'm not trying to make an argument.

I'm saying you have bad reading comprehension, since you clearly do not understand what is being said to you.
>>
>>35196310

>cure autism
>read a book

That's like saying you should snort some coke to help with your drug problem. And, honestly, reading a book and basing your interactions with people off it is the most autistic thing a person can do.
>>
>>35196310
Oh god no. I did that in hs. It told you to smile at people. So I took it literaly and smiled at everyone, all the time without reason. Got called creepy, however now it's understandable.
>>
>>35201165

You arent trying to make an argument because you don't have one in the first place. If you're here to defend the book, refute my points that I made. Especially the one concerning Andrew Carnegie. If not then fuck off and eat a dick. Thx.
>>
>>35201207

>dale carnegie fanboy lovers will deny this
>>
>>35201210
>The book clearly states that you should be genuine

>B-but the book tells you to not be genuine!

right, excellent arguments matey.

https://www.understood.org/en/school-learning/partnering-with-childs-school/instructional-strategies/6-tips-for-helping-your-child-improve-reading-comprehension

https://www.understood.org/en/school-learning/partnering-with-childs-school/instructional-strategies/6-tips-for-helping-your-child-improve-reading-comprehension

Might be useful for you.
>>
>>35196310
>>35196504

i thought it was good

Buuut you need to lay it on thinly.
if you just smile and try to fake interest It will be transparent.

I has a boss, good guy but I could see through his management talk. if he wanted me to do something difficult, he would say something like 'I need you to do this to make sure it gets done right'
>>
>>35201271

I said the the book tells you to FABRICATE genuineness, you retard. How the fuck are you suppose to be "authentic" when you're only being genuine to gain friends? Don't even start arguing on semantics or bashing on my "HURRR bad reading comprehension skills" when you clearly know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>35201271

Carnegie talks about sincerity a lot and means nothing by it. I refer you to the nauseous chapter on Smiles, in which Carnegie counsels against an insincere grin because such a thing does not win friends but provokes a resentment. Thus, to win friends you must smile sincerely. What if you don't feel like smiling sincerely? Carnegie tells you that you should force yourself to do so. That's NOT being genuine or sincere.
>>
File: 1480666248495.jpg (482KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1480666248495.jpg
482KB, 1800x1800px
>>35201271

He basically says "do everything your local politican does... but do it sincerely". Problem is that you can't have your cake and eat it too, Anon.

If you're genuine, you'll act in a certain way, no problem with that.

Being sympathetic with others is a very human (or even christian) thing to do but when the other person is an agressive *** then trying to put myself in her shoes, let her save face, etc. becomes hard, and doing so genuinely and not out of principle is fucking impossible for me because I'm not Jesus and I ain't into loving the people yelling at me.

As an example, you've both be trying to convince the other that he's a moron, which goes against the advices in the book itself.
>>
>>35196310
Holy shit my mom has this book how do I help her
>>
Six ways to make people like you

1 Be genuinely interested in people.
2 Smile.
3 remember the persons name they like to hear it.
4 be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
5 Talk about the other persons interests.
6 Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely

How to win people to your way of thinking

1 The only way to win an argument is to avoid it.
2 Show respect for the other persons opinions. Never say you are wrong.
3 If you are wrong admit it quickly and emphatically.
4 Begin in a friendly way compliment your oponent.
5 Get the other person saying yes, yes immediatly. Ask questions they can only say yes too.
6 Let the other person do most of the talking.
7 Let the other person feel that the idea is theirs.
8 Try to see things from the other persons point of view
9 Be sympathetic with the other persons ideas and desires.
10 Appeal to the nobler motives.
11 Dramatize your ideas
12 Throw down a challenge. Get people motivated by asking them to do something for you.
>>
Have it on my kindle. From what I can gather it's literally "Be a nice guy: The Manual".

And maybe that worked in the 1920's before female lib made the lizard brain Alpha/Beta dichotomy a governing principle of social life, this book was written in the age of ladies and gentlemen, not the age of Chad and Stacy.
>>
>>35196310
This book is dumb because it fails to acknowledge the factor of looks. No matter how good your social skills are you will fail in life if you're not Chad tier aesthetic. You need to be tall dominant looking and healthy. Looks are everythin
>>
>>35196310
It's not a very good book for people here. It's popular because it's easy, digestible and uncontroversial enough for the normal person to read, and assumes the reader is typical.

Autists aren't normal persons, so you should be looking into autism or emotional intelligence books.

It's more of a book for salesman trying to improve their pitch than actual humans who want to have a genuine connection with others.
>>
>>35201614
7, 10 and 11 sound oddly Machiavellian.
>>
>>35197183
>own your eccentricity, don't apologize for yourself, while at the same time, being careful not to antagonize people and conceal your power level

THIS guy gets it.

Last time I tried to fit in and be one of the guys was 20 years ago.

People are much more receptive to the kind of weird eccentric guy than the tryhard failed normie.

Example of the above: When the topic comes up, I admit to not being interested in sports, say I prefer to watch motorcycle racing, and don't go off the deep end about sports being "bread and circuses" or an acceptable outlet for tribal energies.
>>
how about you guys use common sense? he says how it's good to smile in certain situations, this doesn't mean you should go around smiling at everyone. it's the same with the whole book
>>
File: DontDoIt.png (375KB, 1032x578px) Image search: [Google]
DontDoIt.png
375KB, 1032x578px
>>35196584
Yea man reinventing the wheel is the only true solution. Who needs learning from others experience.
>>
>>35203103

the book is for idiots
>>
File: trump zelda.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
trump zelda.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
Did Trump achieve his success by being some sycophantic yes man?

Nope, BALLS are what will get you anywhere in life, being a nice beta is fine for being on the lower rung, so long as you have no aspirations to climb that ladder.

Dale Carnegie sounds like Jeb - Low Energy and not a go-getter. Sad!
>>
>>35203227
He was born into wealth and success. He succeeded for the same reason Brahmins in India are rich. Being born into a high caste
>>
>>35201777
Survivalism Canada.
>>
>>35203319
Total bullshit, he made it from upper middle class to Zillionaire.

More like Vaishya to Brahmin.
>>
>>35203227
Trump achieved his political success by pretending to care about other people.
>>
A lot of it is good. Some genuinely terrible advice though. The prince is less specific but good for understanding various situations.

The rules of work is half decent too.

None of these help with real friendship.
>>
>>35196743
>Be nice!
>Smile a lot
>Always give interest
And never get laid ever again
>>
>>35203468
I find The 48 Laws of Power to be basically a better version of The Prince.
>>
>>35203519
Both are definitely better than Dale's book because you can apply it beyond business. (Calling people by name is really good advice so Dale's has helped me a lot too).

The laws of power kind of contradict a lot. Obviously different situations call different behavior. The prince is dense and hard to read. I get a sense it has better information. All these new books are just based around it.
>>
Also something I read is it doesn't apply outside the US. And even there is becoming less relevant. He grew up when a man would become an insurance salesman and would schmooze with rich people. Things are much different today.
>>
>>35203227
If you want to be donald trump you should read 48 laws of power
>>35203650
I think both books have some good advice. they often give similar or the same advice. the best advice in dales book was how it's pretty much pointless to tell people they're wrong
>>
>>35203751
>I think both books have some good advice. they often give similar or the same advice. the best advice in dales book was how it's pretty much pointless to tell people they're wrong
No doubt I wish I'd read them sooner. Heh on not telling people they're wrong you can overdo this. On technical matters it's almost always better to just be Blunt. Otherwise you end up in pointless circular conversations. I definitely learned that lesson.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.