[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you robots watch anime?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Why do you robots watch anime?
>>
>>35195143
I don't watch anime.
YOU watch anime. Fucking freak get the fuck away from me.
>>
>>35195143
Escapism mostly but I dunno...the personalities can be fun
>>
I started watching because I wanted to know what people at anime conventions were cosplaying as. I continued because of /a/ and got nothing else to do, and love to brag about how much anime I wtch so I feel forced to actually watch something too
>>
>>35195158
I don't watch anime. It's boring
>>
It's the best form of escapism.
>>35195158
Back to your containment board, redditor.
>>
I don't have any friends.
>not original
>>
>>35195236
What does that have to do with watching anime?
>>
File: 1488236173730.jpg (37KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488236173730.jpg
37KB, 600x800px
>>35195143
Because a lot of it isn't episodic as hell without a destination to go to

also cool visuals and intros and all that jazz
>>
>>35195143
I don't, it's fucking terrible. The visuals are the only thing redeeming about it but even then it's usually not enough to retain my interest.

>dialogue is like an 8th grade school play
>all the characters wear their emotions so there's no room to interpret anything
>writing is shallow to the point of evaporating, and when there is something deep to be interpreted it explains it to you so you can see it from space
>animation style constantly kills the immersion because everything moves robotically. Trying to show some kind of motion or movement is reduced to drawing physical lines like a cartoon strip
>when there's something that can't be shown because of the animation style, 3D animation that runs at a much higher framerate is awkwardly spliced in that looks completely divorced from anything else
>pacing is awkward
>when it tries to be dark or edgy it often fails hilariously
>it takes 10 minutes to accomplish something a show like Game of Thrones could accomplish in 1. It's astounding how a show like Attack on Titan that's both action packed and very one-track manages to be boring

Anime is just bad on all fronts and if any western entertainment were like this people would think it's monumentally bad and meme it into oblivion.

I know this is a profound concept to people who have been drinking the 4chan meme koolaid for years.
>>
>>35195260
Substitute fictional releationships.
>>
>>35195404
I agree. Anime is fucking terrible.
>>
>>35195404
>Game of Thrones
>western trash in general
Also, half of the shit in your post is blatantly false. Fuck off back to r*ddit you normalfag cunt.
>>
>>35195446
That's sad. How about reading a book?
>>
>>35195143
cause of the cute girls
>>
>>35195479
Stop watching anime, you pedo.
>>
File: IMG_5807.jpg (25KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5807.jpg
25KB, 704x400px
>>35195143
Started watching anime in 3rd grade. I've seen anime before that like pokemon, yugioh, but was never really into them, if at all. A friend of mine from church introduced me to naruto, she had 1 episode on her psp that I watched, and when I got home that night I started from ep 1 and I was hooked.

Fast forward to now, wether it be slice of life, shounen, shojou, anime has always been a great source of entertainment for me. More recently I've been using it as an escape. When I'm watching my anime, it puts me in a world where it's just me and the story, and I can forget about my pathetic life and all the horror that comes with it. I wouldn't really say I'm in first person actually living the anime, but more so that I'm spectating, enjoying the story.I strongly believe there are some great life lessons to learn from it. I'm a sucker for a good anime fight here and there. Animes like NHK (which I saw recently) give me a different perspective on life, and puts me in a world where I can relate to the main character. I'm genuinely trying to use Misakis tips to improve my hiki.
>>
>>35195466
>literally the same thing
The medium isn't the problem here
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.