[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think that immortality will be discovered in our

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 56.png (53KB, 806x926px) Image search: [Google]
56.png
53KB, 806x926px
Do you guys think that immortality will be discovered in our lifetime?

Or a way to prolong life to over 100+ without being a cripple?

Maybe prolong it long enough until immortality is discovered?

Who here wants to live forever? What would you do with immortality?
>>
>>35185899
IIRC we're already discovering ways to upload you onto a hard drive
>>
>>35185940
:) i want to be uploaded into a harddrive and live forever :))
>>
>>35185899
>goes to r9k
>"hay guyz!! who wantz to live forever!?"
>>
>>35185987
immortality solves a lot of r9k's problems if you think about it

>get to be cool immortal, one of the oldest in the universe eventually

>get to explore the universe eventually

>before that get to live through cool technological advancements and societies

>have infinity to find gf

Come on can you imagine in a few thousand years being worshiped for being an elder, cmon' meng
>>
>>35185899

>immortality

That's like the opposite of what I want.
>>
>>35185899
Shitpost forever. I plan to be the first person to shitpost from space. The opportunity will happen in a few decades I imagine.
>>
Immortality is just appealing because it makes the years you feel wasted small when they were a huge part of, or maybe your entire life. That and it sucks when cool people die.

I really only would want immortality because I'll never get to experience most of the things I wanted the way life went
>>
>>35186017
we all fantasize of being that twilight immortal and be cool and mysterious and manipulate puny human q.t's.

but it won't be like that if everyone is immortal.
>>
>>35186214
yeah but there will be a elder hierarchy. Think about it if our generation are the first immortals, and humans eventually expand to other galaxies/solar systems, the people of our generation will be the oldest people in existence. We'd also be a relatively small percentage of the human population, even if there are 6 billion of us or whatever. That will be kinda cool.
>>
>>35185899
>>35186022
This,
existence sucks can't wait for it to be over
>>
>>35185899
the idea of immortality doesn't sound that appealing to me. if i were immortal, i probably wouldn't want to do all things i could think of now, because i wouldn't feel any time constraints. the main difference would probably be that instead of shitposting for hours at a time, i'd shitpost for years at a time.
>>
>>35186262
What if the first immortals are shitty though? Like they're able to figure out the body in time but you just squeak in under the line for immortal brain function so you have a 130 y/o brain for eternity, unable to remember much or concentrate.
>>
>>35185899
Anon death is a gift.
>>
>>35185899
As long as it's a way to keep this body alive as long as possible. I do not believe that your consciousness will still be "you" if it were something like putting us into computers.
It would believe it was you, and there would be no way to prove is was not you, but I fear that it would not be "you"
>>
>>35186290
really? I don't know about that. I'm currently trying to start my own business and I don't see myself stopping that. I'd also be super excited to do the things from the future.

>>35186304
that is a shitty situation hope it doesn't happen, or if it does technology eventually compensates and we're upgraded
>>
File: varg.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
the elites will get the synthetic DNA upgrade, merge with machines and leave forever

however, that will never be available to us plebs

we will get the chips that will make us easier to control, with surveillance and a death switch
>>
>>35186304

If scientists somehow managed to drastically extend the human lifespan, they would eventually find ways to reverse damage from aging and restore functionality.
>>
>>35185971
>magnetic storage
>forever
>>
Heard it said that som ppl being born today could live to 200- fiik
>>
>>35186402
pretty sure if you live to 200 you'll eventually extend it further when you're like 130. Like extend it to 400. Then at like 300 they find a way to extend it to 1000, etc etc.
>>
>>35186361
Yeah but that could lead to an even worse scenario. What if they fix your brain, but you forget who you are?

You could become an immortal Chad.
>>
>>35186498
>You could become an immortal Chad

....ok....?
>>
>>35185899

Living forever would be horrible

Ffs, just 20 years has already been excruciating and you want to do it for hundreds to thousands. No thanks
>>
>>35186525
i think life would get a lot better eventually
>>
>>35186787
yeah.. that's what i used to tell myself in highschool.
i'm 25 and it gets worst every passing month
>>
>>35186940
have you tried to improve it? I have and it's been steadily getting better, I'm 24 now and it's a lot better than how it was when I was 22.
>>
1) There's no such thing as immortal because everything will eventually decay
2) The closet we'd get is uploading our complete "self" onto a chip but even then your consciousness won't be on it. You'll still die and experience nothingness but there will just be a copy of your memories on a chip that THINKS it's you
>>
>>35185899
As an atheist, the hope for immortality is the only thing keeping me from feeling constant existential dread.
>>
>>35185940
That sounds shitty. A mind without a body would be hellish.
>>
>>35186525
>>35186787
Full immersion virtual reality will enter the mainstream around the turn of the century, and this will allow all the pathetic robots of the world to live different, more successful lives.
>>
Death is far too prelonged as is, never dying would be the worst thing i could imagine.
>>
if i could die from hunger and thirst I would just roam the world
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.