[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else schizoid personality disorder here? oregano

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

who else schizoid personality disorder here?

oregano
>>
File: 1467047818468.jpg (586KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1467047818468.jpg
586KB, 1200x1500px
>>35183581
yeah

now what?
>>
i have no idea what i have anymore but i totally travel through dimensions
>>
>>35183581

pretty sure i am. i'm at least avoidant personality disorder. might be schizo as well. not sure cuz i have depression which makes it hard to tell. i'm a sperg like lots of people on this board cept im not actually an aspie but i behave like one at time.

what's the most schizo shit u guys have ever done?
>>
>best treatment for SPD and avoidant personality is talking through it
>but as someone with those disorders tlking about your problems is one of the hardest things to do

why must the endless carousel be so cruel
>>
>>35183581
I have a tentative schizoid PD diagnosis, and might be at risk for schizophrenia too. Definitely had symptoms that look like subclinical schizophrenic traits at times, mainly some paranoia and bizarre suspicions.
>>
>>35183919
how do you deal with it

>>
>>35183664
Schizoid PD isn't a psychotic disorder, so you're either schizophrenic or high.
>>
>>35183581
schizoid personality (((disorder))) is not a thing. i don't understand the trend of pathologizing behavior that falls in the spectrum of normal human functioning.
>>
>>35184084
send pics of your phd
>>
>>35183942
not by answering you, how new are you to schizoid mr. touchy feely?
t. different schizobot
>>
reminder to not respond to bait
the people on this board who don't have personality disorders are generally retarded or shilling something
they generally don't know shit about any health problems you may be having, mental or otherwise
>>
>>35183942
I just try and keep my mind active, and avoid giving into the apathy. My social skills aren't too bad, so I can function at a passable level. I just don't really do intimate relationships, or socalise at all unless I need to.

It's not much of a "disorder" for me, which is a big part of why the psych didn't technically give a diagnosis. The anhedonia can be a bitch if if I let it take over though.
>>
>>35183581
I'm here.

>21
>College
>Black-ish
>Vegan
>hate evil

INTJ and Capricorn. Undiagnosed Schizoid Personality Disorder but I have it.

What to talk about?
>>
>>35184084
Even problematic behaviours? Disorders are diagnosed if they cause functional impairment, or significant harm or distress.
>>
>>35184117
Send pics of your diagnosis
>>
>>35184214
>blackish

what?
>>
>>35184244
so you'd say that a gay kid living in a small religious town has a "disorder"?
>>
>>35184277
I hope he does post pics of his diagnosis to shut you up

also how does that work do doctors give you certificates when you get diagnosed with something?
>>
File: IMG_6663.jpg (58KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6663.jpg
58KB, 540x472px
>>35184277
i honestly think this may be the biggest shutdown i've witnessed on /r9k/
>>
>>35184298
I'm black, African-American, but I'm mixed with I don't really know what so I look far from negroid. I have brown skin, thin nose, sunken eyes, and a very strange facial hair pattern

Also, I care nothing for ethnic identification so it hardly matters to me one way or the other.
>>
>>35184311
Definitely a problem. Might not be with him though.
>>
>>35184311
Being gay is a disorder.
>>
>>35184383
here we go

now things are sizzling
>>
File: DSDG.jpg (235KB, 709x950px) Image search: [Google]
DSDG.jpg
235KB, 709x950px
>>35183581
not schizoid but schizophrenic, feels bad man
>>
>>35184446
No disrespect meant
Not saying it's wrong; only that sexual attraction to the same sex is not normal
>>
I have a friend who has this. On the outside he seems normal but I soon realized he was off. One time he cut himself with glass and just started writing shit with his blood. I feel like he's going to have a scitzo attack one day and attack me. My friend and I joke about it now but this nigga could lash out on us
>>
>>35184084
you are clever anon. i will tell you why
>seeding out misfits/potentially dangerous people
to the system
>>
>>35184528
Doesn't sound like Schizoid Personality Disorder
wrong thread dude
>>
>>35184481
I honestly believe that homosexuality is an invention just like the cellphone or the toaster. Not saying its wrong I dont believe that at all just saying it is an idea just like anything else. Just as real as religion or a taste in music. it is less about right and wrong and more about what you do and do not believe in
>>
>>35184558
Hes told me he has this. He takes medication for it
>>
>>35184528
Not Schizoid Personality Disorder

It is not Schizophrenia
>>
>>35183581
not a schizoid but autismo here
dunno if that helps at all
>>
do pills help?
>>
>>35184562
Well that'd be a silly idea since animals plainly have same-sex sex fairly often.
>>
>>35184647
wow I cant believe that got past the robot

today must be my lucky day
>>
>>35184647
SPD is not wanting yourself to be different
It's wanting the world to be different
>>
>>35183581
hehe... i remember when i was ONLY a schizoid, enlightenment comes when it evolves to schizotypal personality disorder.
im at the border of schizophrenia, with some of my thoughts that gets talked aloud at random times, usually when anxiety gets really bad.
>>
I sometimes like being around others, but only for like a few hours max before I start dreading it and wanting to be alone again. I often find myself silencing any calls from friends or cousins too with the belief I will call them back later, but it usually takes a lot of motivation for me to call them back and I often just find myself not doing it. I try to get out of pretty much any social gathering if I can help it. I'm not really afraid of people, but nothing about social gatherings usually interests me. I usually hate talking to strangers because I don't know if what I'm talking about will interest them, or I'm worried I'll say something that just sounds stupid to them. For people I do know, I then feel like I talk too much and annoy them. I can never find that happy medium no matter what.

I'm wondering if this qualifies me for this disorder, though I'm sure I've described more than one social disorder. I feel like they're sort of related though.
>>
>>35184705
that sounds like losing your grip on reality, going crazy
to intelligent too go crazy

>>35184751
if you want to be sure i can link you to a personality disorder test
you sound like you care too much
>>
>>35184779
If it doesn't take too much time, I'll take the test
>>
>>35184800
yeah, it shouldn't
here man
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
it's how i found out
>>
Schizo affective, after I watched DR.Strange and wasn't mindfucked I knew there is no hope.
>>
>>35184841
Thanks. Also interestingly enough, as much as it seems like depression should go with this disorder, I don't feel like I suffer from depression much at all. Sure, I get depressed, but I've seen people who really have depression and mine is very far and few between as well as not as severe as theirs. It's more that I sort of get upset with myself than anything over this supposed disorder.
>>
File: myhead.png (22KB, 337x364px) Image search: [Google]
myhead.png
22KB, 337x364px
>>35184841
Not him but what does this mean?
Am I just all around fucked?
>>
>>35184890
For me, I have been having frequent bouts of nihilism. I think about what the future might hold for me in many different scenarios, and I realize that none of it would make me any happier, or be meaningful in a significant way. I get depressed about being born in a world such as I am and unable to be happy like everyone else in the way that happiness means to me. But I getn over it everytime, like you.

Unlike you, I'm content with myself. I wish I was taller, maybe not so skinny, but otherwise, I'm happy I'm not like normies.
>>
File: 1487548617269.gif (95KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1487548617269.gif
95KB, 500x384px
>schizotypal personality disorder

medication makes me feel worse, I wish I could just disappear
>>
>>35184946
It means you have trust issues and need to get on medication, basically. I suspect you're unhappy with yourself?

Read the accompanying descriptions the site provides, and look into the wikipedia pages for Paranoid Personality Disorder, Schizotypal, and Avoidant.
>>
>>35184991
Therapy wouldn't help, would it? Maybe you just need different meds. I can live as a schizoid, but I suspect schizotypal is nowhere near as easy. You guys really need some type of treatment.
>>
What I will say however is that I think God or the Universe or some supernatural being is controlling everything. They have a plan for me they haven't revealed yet but they always encourage me to keep going and prepare myself for the moment. They always line up these funny coincidences, just like me wanting to talk to fellow schizoids here and this thread being the very first on the catalog at the time.
>>
>>35185023
I'm scared of how my mum will react if I do end up getting a diagnosis, she doesn't handle stress well and tends to overreact and make things worse.

Does medication even really help? I self medicate with codeine and it works in the way that it takes the pain away but do medications really do anything?
I feel like I'm just permanently fucked.
>>
File: file.png (75KB, 609x463px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
75KB, 609x463px
>>35184980
Here are my results and I am a bit surprised by them. I didn't think I was very OCD, though I did mark "yes" for the question, just because I feel I have a minor case of it. I'm surprised "dependent" isn't high too. I live with my parents at 26 and I still can't even imagine how to actually start my life. If I need almost anything done or any big decision made, it's basically a requirement that I consult my parents. Also I'm in such a work environment where I could in theory take a lead, but I never do and can never act on my own, completely relying on the orders of others.
>>
>>35185174
>I'm scared of how my mum will react
So underage or a NEET?
>she doesn't handle stress well and tends to overreact and make things worse
Things are only going to get worse for her if you continue to silently suffer with your problems and pretend they aren't really there. If you don't confront them you will always be trapped in this prison.

>Does medication even really help?
I honestly don't know. Never been on any myself. I just suggest it because I hear it's a solution.

>I self medicate with codeine and it works in the way that it takes the pain away
This isn't an issue about pain. It seems like it's about something deeper than that.

>I feel like I'm just permanently fucked
Maybe, but you're fucked like Naruto having the 9 Tails forever is fucked. Get me?
>>
>>35185204
OCD is not the same as OCPD. The difference is that OCD sufferers feel like sufferers, OCPD'ers don't really think anything is wrong with them or the way they do things. It's perfectionism but not quite irrationally aimed as OCD folks.

As for the rest of what you said, you might also look into getting your natal chart and taking a couple of personality tests to really sort this whole thing out. You where as honest as can be with your answers?
>>
>>35185276
Young NEET, not underage though, 19.

You;re right thanks for the kick in the ass.
I'm also worried about being mis-diagnosed with depression or some bullshit, despite my internal insanity I can appear rather normal for brief periods of time.

I guess I could give meds a try, I am already taking "meds" in a way.

Mental anguish, I guess you could say. I get that codeine's for physical pain but it helps anyway.

Damn it, I know that's supposed to help but that re-inforces some of my delusions.
Maybe that is true to an extent but, fuck, hearing it re-ignites old feelings from went I went through full blown psychosis.
Not mad at you or anything don't get me wrong, I'm more mad at my brain.
>>
>>35185328
I was honest with my answers, but some were tough choices as I tried to think of examples in my life. One difficult question was "do I care about my appearance" and I answered no, but maybe I should have answered yes to it. I don't care about looking good, but I care about looking as normal as possible so people don't think I'm weird or something. But I think that problem is already covered in another question about caring what people think of me.
>>
>>35185397
>19
That's not so bad. You might also have some age related problems. I'm 21 like I said, and know another 19 year old dude, and feel liek I'm coming out of some of the issues you guys talk about. But there's still time for you.

>I'm also worried about being mis-diagnosed with depression or some bullshit, despite my internal insanity I can appear rather normal for brief periods of time
The NUMBER one issue is honesty. You can't have trouble being honest with yourself. If you can't be honest with yourself, you're going to lie to the test, lie to the therapist, and get mis-diagnosed. Like I said, you got to face reality for better or worse. Only then can you tell other people what that reality is so that they can try and help.

>Mental anguish, I guess you could say.
I understand. I experience similar anguish.
>>
>>35185435
I see. Yeah, tests aren't perfect, especially when it comes to their wording. But it's the best we've got.

I'd say from here you should just take what the test gave you and sort out what's accurate from what's not based on matching the symptoms to yourself. It might turn out that only one of those very high's is legit and the others are only flagged because there's overlap with other stuff you have.

Good luck all the same
>>
File: 1480092066544.jpg (133KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480092066544.jpg
133KB, 800x800px
>>35185276
>>35185328
>>35185503
>>35185557
These are all me. Posting in other threads without the name, forgot to put name back.
>>
>>35185503
I hope so, a lot of it could be the stress of coming to age and not knowing what to do with my life and feelings of failure that mutated into more pyschotic symptoms.

I try to be. I'm extremely self-doubting though and question my own perceptions of myself to a point of not knowing anything. I like to think that through that self doubt I've come to some sort of an understanding of myself though.
That's my main worry. Since I 'went insane' I've pretended as hard as I could to be normal to those around me out of fear of persecution and it became routine, so being honest about what's going on in person is going to be tough and it scares the shit out of me.

Have you ever been to a therapist and did it help at all?
In my head I imagine it just being a waste of money and that the therapist is just some asshole in a suit who throws out depression diagnoses and anti-depressants like candy, counting down the minutes till he can get out of there.
>>
>>35185762
>Have you ever been to a therapist and did it help at all?
No, I haven't, and I doubt it would. For me, SPD is having diminished emotions, a very different thinking process from everyone else, little desire for superficial friendship and apathy toward family. None of that really bothers me, so I don't feel the need to change, nor do I want to change. I also have realized no one but myself understands me, so a therapist would be useless.

So yeah, we're on the same page there.
>>
File: endme.png (63KB, 548x428px) Image search: [Google]
endme.png
63KB, 548x428px
I'm currently going to a therapist but it feels similar than talking to a kind, caring normie

Should i look for another one or is it just a waster of time?
>>
File: res.jpg (47KB, 519x416px) Image search: [Google]
res.jpg
47KB, 519x416px
>>35186575
>avoidant
that is hell, son.
>>
>>35184586
Sounds like he's schizophrenic too, not just schizoid, the co-morbidity might even be likely. Believe it or not it's hard for them to keep tabs on people like us for studies and things.
t. SPD who hasn't seen his psych in 4 years
>>
>>35186575
Yo shoot me the link to that test
>>
>>35186995
>>35184841
lkjh
>>
File: insane.png (55KB, 518x386px)
insane.png
55KB, 518x386px
Do you think i am schizophrenic?
>>
>>35184207
embrace the apathy, lad
float through life
no fucks to give
>>
>>35187388
You just might be. Does it run in your family? You do drugs?
>>
>>35184349
sounds weird
origami
>>
>>35184528
>I realized he was off
it's like he's a fucking apple or something
>>
>>35184562
when was it invented? The ancient Greeks were pretty gay
>>
>>35184647
>>35184663
this and jeqling on the this same day!
>>
>>35187434
idk if it runs in my family, but some do have social issues, and I don't take drugs.
>>
>>35184841
>If you answered yes to the previous question, do you tend to have these suicidal thoughts during and after a break-up with someone?
>no
>>
>>35187589
same

>>35187545
hardly other explanations except genetic
>>
File: 2017-02-27_22-39-14.png (23KB, 472x362px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-27_22-39-14.png
23KB, 472x362px
btw, this is what I get when I answer 100% truthfully, even to the dumb leading questions

this is my second time taking the test
Only the very high assessment is accurate imo
>>
>>35185503
>>35185762
or you could be fucked, it never leaves for some of us
either way
>>
>>35187640
it was a no gf meme
>>
File: sadsd.png (51KB, 541x432px)
sadsd.png
51KB, 541x432px
fuck me right up senpai, what does this mean
>>
File: Untitled.png (49KB, 587x450px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49KB, 587x450px
>be me
why am i still here, just to suffer?
>>
>>35184084
Agree. Disorders should be taken with a grain of salt. Just because you're a loner doesn't mean there's anything fundamentally wrong with you. You've just been dealt a bad hand in life.

If im not mistaken, being schizoid means that you dont see the point in human interaction. But how can you be so certain of that when you barely even interact with people in the first place? Some people you click with, some people you dont.

Just go out and seek new relationships with people, schizoid is just a big meme.
>>
>>35183581
'Ello. Schizoid, depressive, possibly borderline, autism, agoraphobia and fear of crowds. I hide in my basement 24/7 and if it werent for rent, food and family, I'd be pretty happy doing so
>>
File: wagecuck.png (49KB, 525x423px)
wagecuck.png
49KB, 525x423px
22 years old. I have all A's in B's in college, graduating with an Associates in Science this semester. Additionally, I'm a licensed Mortgage Loan Originator. I didn't really realize that this was so heavily a sales position, and I fucking hate talking to people, so I kind of feel like a wasted a lot of my life getting that certification.

Have a girlfriend of 8 years, she's 26. Live at home with my parents, the only reason that this arrangement works is because my parents are multi-millionaires. All I really want is to be left alone with my gf. That's it. I just want food, internet/computer, water, drugs, and my girlfriend. I don't care what people think about me. I don't care about showing off. I don't allow other people and their opinions to hold power over me. I literally don't know what other people think of me. It tends to be usually be negative anyways.

I honestly think I might have a mental illness in a social context. Most of my problems in life have come from relationships with other people. In my opinion, too many people care way too much about what other people think of them. I've gone to a lot of family outings, and I can never understand why people want to go to them. Everybody just sits around drinking shitty fucking beer and wine coolers just letting shit spew out of their mouths; literally sitting there like a bunch of seals on a rock.

I've been thinking about trying to go on SSI and opening an offshore corporation in the Cook Islands and an offshore bank account in an additional jurisdiction so I can do a telecommute job and retain my SSI benefits while getting paid all thanks to geo-arbitrage.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.