[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the worst one?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: Seven-Deadly-Sins.jpg (32KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Seven-Deadly-Sins.jpg
32KB, 400x267px
Which is the worst one?
>>
>>35182602
Probably pride
>>
>>35182602

Sloth. The rest aren't anywhere near as embarrassing.
>>
sloth and envy i guess
>>
>>35182602
envy feels the worst
>>
>>35182602
Wrath, I think. Wrath leads to some pretty scary stuff. I watch a lot of forensic files and the motive 9/10 times is because the killer was angry with the victim.
>>
No of them are inherently bad
>>
>>35182635
Shush. My gf likes bringing me food while I'm in bed all the time.
>>
>>35182632
1st post best post

Original
>>
Pride is considered the worst because hubris.
>>
>>35182602
This entire board is represented by a green frog and a white sad man.

The former is green, much like the phrase "green with envy" and /r9k/ represents envy to a t.
>>
Greed > Pride > Lust > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Envy
>>
>>35182602
lust is fine
gluttony is problematic
greed is like gluttony but worse for the community
sloth is fine
wrath is a viral disaster
envy is problematic
pride is exhibited by those least worthy of it, so it's a handy red flag
>>
>>35182602
Gotta be sloth. So much potential and opportunities have been lost because of laziness.
>>
>>35182632
>>35182635
>>35182648
>>35182649
>>35182674
>>35182713
I don't know why, but I'm surprised that so few people think wrath is the worst. Wrath kills people.
>>
Fucking sloth, hands down. We wouldn't be wasting our lives away playing vidya and browsing this board if it weren't for sloth. Even the other sins cease to be as bad in the absence of sloth, because there's the possibility of sublimating those sins into something good. I mean wrath, envy, lust, and pride are the only things that motivate me to be productive most days, and gluttony isn't a problem as long as you're not a lazy sack of shit.
>>
>>35182774
Vanity is literally the source of human pain. It's what makes us individuals instead of untiy and peace. It's what made Lucifer fall. What made Eve eat the apple. Wrath may make you kill a person, but your pride is the real reason you'd be doing it.
>>
>>35182865
Never thought of it like that, wrath is more of a symptom then.
>>
>>35182865
Can I marry you? I think we might get along together. (No homo)
>>
>>35182774

That's exactly why I chose sloth. Public shame or humiliation is worth than death or murder.
>>
The correct answer is envy. The other six can bring someone some sense of satisfaction. Envy comes from sheer petty jealousy.
>>
rid of lust = happiness and that thing they call freedom

idk about others sloth is bad for sure. living like a rat no
>>
>>35182602
Greed. Most evils in this world stem from greed.
>>
Gluttony. Self destruction is to be avoided.
>>
>>35182602
Wrath is by far the worst. It means straight up destroying other people's bodies, lives, and/or property because you don't like them. there is no sin greater than the negation of another because of their dissimilarity to yourself. Hurting others is only okay in self-defense.

In order from evilest to least evil:

1. Wrath (because you directly hurt people)
2. Greed (because you make the lives of other more difficult by keeping valuable things from them)
3. Pride (because placing yourself above others, especially falsely so, destroys connections between people around you)
4. Envy (because desiring to take the place of another is unfair to those who have earned their place)
5. Sloth (because you owe it to your people to create good things for them as they have for you)
6. Lust (because immoral sex sometimes ruins health and stable family life)
7. Gluttony (because taking more than you need isn't good for anyone, least of all yourself.)
>>
>>35182602
Envy, hands down. Shit will eat you alive from the inside out. Even if you have everything you think you want, someone always has something you don't. If you obsess over what other have, you'll always be absolutely miserable.
>>
>>35182602
Sloth by far is the worst because inhibits any kind of ambition or productivity one can achieve in life. The rest is just loss of control over emotion.
>>
>>35183008
Fact. All other sins can be sated at some point. Envy is always wanting; always there. If you let it consume you, it will drive you to do the other 6 sins.
>>
File: 1488231265684.gif (669KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488231265684.gif
669KB, 480x480px
>>35183131

SO WHAT THEY HURT ME
FUCK OFF ITS MY STUFF I DONT NEED TO GIVE THEM CRAP
MAYBE THEY SHOULD JUST GET BETTER LIKE I WAS TOLD TO BE
FUCK OFF I CAN WANT WHAT I WANT YOU FUCKING KEK
I DON'T OWE ANYONE ANYTHING FUCK YOU
IT DOESNT RUIN ANYTHING EVERY FAMILY EVER DOES IT INCLUDING YOURS
I CAN EAT WHATEVER I WANT

YOU'RE A BASTARD FUCK YOU ESPECIALLY ON THAT 5

WHY SHOULD I TRY ANYTHING FOR THOSE WHO DO NOTHING BUT HATE ME

RAAAIAUDASOUFAISIFSOFSAFFAS
>>
>>35183433
you're supposed to do these things even for people who are evil towards you because you don't want to increase the amount of evil in the world. That's on your soul if you do. If others are evil to you, they take that on themselves. If you do it back, that's not justified in the eyes of god, that's simply you being a source of evil.
>>
>>35183637
DOING THAT WILL JUST MAKE THEM MAKE FUN OF ME AND LAUGH AT ME

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT STOP PREACHING LIES YOU FUCKING KEKSUCKER
>>
>>35182602
Pride
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Gluttony
Lust
>>
>>35183433
Calm your tits. Rage like that ain't healthy. Oh, and it all stems from envy. You want others to understand and accept what you want, not what the rest of society thinks is normal. Nobel in a vacuum, fucking crazy in the real world.
>>
>>35182865
>It's what made Lucifer fall. What made Eve eat the apple.
No, writers made them do those things.
>>
You guys have done a good job convincing me that wrath is the most badass one.
>>
>>35182602
Greed.

The need for more usually brings despair into my life.
>>
I don't know, I'm kind of a fan of all 7.
>>
>>35183694
better to live a pathetic life and die clean in soul than win big in the small, sad game that is material life and die full of sin and burn for eternity.
>>
>>35183433
quality post
solid effort
funny
>>
>>35182602
All of them can be useful for humans in moderation.
>>
>>35183854
not really, it doesn't matter at all that you did a good deed that no one appreciated at all with you fully knowing people would still scoff at you

don't be stupid
>>
>>35182602
Wrath is the worst, followed closely by greed

>>35183428
They're all the same thing, really, and that is reactions to a state of deprivation or an unfulfilled wish, with the exception of maybe sloth (which I see as the most benign).
>>
>>35183912
it only doesn't matter if you don't believe in the soul, but the soul doesn't care if you believe in it or not. just a warning. your inner eye is eternal and each life is one quick blink.
>>
sloth

which unfortunately is my experise
>>
Most destructive? Wrath
Least destructive? Pride

Best to have? Pride or Gluttony
Worst to Have? Envy or Sloth
>>
>>35183940
the soul doesn't mean shit, it doesn't make you feel good, it doesn't have an effect on you or the people you tried to appease

thus it's pointless and stupid

don't be stupid
>>
>>35182602
Wrath and greed, probably. They tend to have the largest material consequences for people other than the one who possesses them.
A combination of greed and pride though can also be quite awful and ruin plenty of other people's lives.
>>
>>35183913
Ok...I see where you're coming from. All of these sins come from the perspective of an unfulfilled desire. In essence, envy is a symptom of the rest.

I concede. You're absolutely correct.
>>
Greed is the king of the 6
>creates pride
>stirs up envy
>enables sloth, gluttony, lust and wrath
>>
>>35182602
Wrath. Sometimes, we tend to feel angry, but there's no justification to cause pain because of our own pain. Through karma and reincarnation, all human experience infinitely ripples, therefore, by killing someone, I would be sentencing myself (and the rest of humanity) to feel that death in a later lifetime. But that ties very strongly into my beliefs, I'd understand if people disagree.
>>
>>35183786
An AI wrote this post.
preemptive originality.
>>
>>35184112
>Least destructive? Pride

Factually incorrect

Pride is where powerhungry lunatics draw their energy
>>
>>35182602
Greed. Many of the very well off got there by never having enough money. It enables them to commit many passive evils easily, like George Soros and his lot.

Wrath might wind up in murder but greed can cause a very prolonged influence of slow evil.
>>
Anybody that doesn't pick wrath is either wrong or deserve some good explanation.

I'll try to be open minded, though.
>>
File: 2940013037854_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg (13KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
2940013037854_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg
13KB, 192x256px
>>35186456
wrath can poison you. I had trouble with resentment for a long time
>>
>>35186456
I just said greed and why in the post about your's. Goddamn do you even read?
>>
There is no worst
But Wrath causes most destruction and pride is the worst for your spirituality
>>
>>35182602
gluttony because no one likes a fat nigger

sloth next because nobody likes a smelly nigger

combine them and you have your average r9k poster
>>
>>35182865
>Wrath may make you kill a person, but your pride is the real reason you'd be doing it.
can you instead kill my boipucci fampai~~
>>
>>35182602
pride
no contest
smarter men than us have long ago agreed upon this
>>
>>35182602
That list is in descending order of badness.
>>
>tfw no gf
>trap threads
>forever alone
>steam feel
>fembot threads
>"chad"
>"stacy"
>"REEEEEEEEEEE"
>The "red pill"
>...I could go on.

All these things are rooted in envy of other peoples' happiness and success in life.
R9k is a function of a life addled by envy. If you haven't realized that yet, it's no surprise to me that you're here right now, and you'll probably be here for a long time to come.
>>
>>35182602

Greed and it aint even close.
>>
>>35188612
envy makes one pathetic
pride is evil
>>
>>35182602
Wrath and greed are the worst for the world, envy is the worst for yourself. I suppose.
>>
File: you.jpg (186KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
186KB, 500x376px
Pride is the one that bothers me the most. I feel that humility is a vastly underrated character trait, and it's worrying that some don't even consider pride to be a negative thing. Stop thinking that everyone around you is stupid, but you aren't. "You" are not seperate from "them". You are the same. You are part of the collective just like everyone else.
>>
>>35182865
dude yeah

*+*Originalio*+*
>>
>>35188670
Being suicidal is indicative of a lack of pride.
Being sad is indicative of a lack of pride.
Feeling empty when comparing your life to others' is a lack of pride.
Wanting or having a waifu is not pride.
Pride implies confidence.
Pride implies power, and control, at least to some extent.
Pride implies happiness with one's life.
Pride implies happiness with one's self image.
Pride is the antithesis of self loathing.
Pride is the antithesis of self pity.
Pride is antonymous to the notion that others can make you happy.
Pride is antonymous to hating people for living on easy mode, that's envy.
Pride is antonymous to loneliness.
Being a NEET is gluttony, more than it is pride or greed.
Hating people for what they have is envy, more than pride or wrath.

Real robots do not know pride.
Real robots REEEEE in the face of true pride.
Pride is being alpha. Betas are not proud.
Beta uprising is envy.

The TRULY greedy do not let their own iniquity and sloth stop them from their success.
The TRULY proud do not have self-doubt.
If r9k were proud, it would be impossible for the infiltrators, traps, roasties, redditors, and others to take it from robots.
/pol/ is pride. This is why /pol/ owns their board, and all attempts to take it have failed.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.