[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/homeless/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: hyper you's.png (8KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
hyper you's.png
8KB, 238x212px
Anyone here homeless or lived homelessly in the past?

I'm currently living with my parents and working a part time job. I'll be getting my driver's license in a few months, if all goes well, and all I really want anymore is to buy an old van, fix it up, and then start living on the road. My plan is to travel until my savings runs out, and then get a job in whichever city I end up in, live there for a few months until I decide I have enough money saved up to do a bit more travelling.

I'm not worried about being lonely, or bored, because I'm very good at entertaining myself with very limited material intake. Also, I plan on living off of ramen, rice and beans, granola, protein powder, etc. I'd like my only expense to be gas and groceries.

Any tips from people who have lived out of their cars/vans? What were some mistakes you made or regrets you have?
>>
I was homeless after coming out to my parents as a teenager

Stayed with friends when I could, volunteered a lot at every church and kitchen I could find, found a nice old lady who rented me out a small place super cheap, got furniture donations from churches. Got hooked up with a shitty job, saved up for a car, then went to two jobs until I got my ged

Keep in mind I didn't actually know anyone when I was kicked out, I was only actually homeless living on the street for a few days. Homeless people that don't get out of it aren't even fucking trying.
>>
>>35173883
its never that simple anon ive been wanting to do this for years but everything i do goes wrong
>>
>>35173955
You are obviously a girl. Nothing in your post even suggests it but it's still super obvious. No one would be cared for like this if they were male. Ever.
>>
>>35174080
I'm mtf trans and I lived like a guy when that happened

>go to church
>explain situation, omit tranny part
>ask if they need help with anything
It's that easy. Christian people are the nicest in the world
>>
>>35174333
>Christian people are the nicest in the world
Forgot to add, as long as theyre not your parents of course
>>
I've lived in my van on and off over the past 10 years. Figuring your food situation and finding places you can park regularly are the most important things. Rice is a bad idea because it takes forever to cook and you can't easily reheat it. Oats are much better as they can cook instantly or be eaten raw. I'd go with greek yogurt, eggs and milk for protein.Get a good cooler to store them in.
>>
Is living in hotels considered homelessness?
>>
>>35174812
if you can affort to live permanently in half-decent hotels then you're very lucky.
>>
>>35174333
>>go to church
>>explain situation, omit tranny part
>>ask if they need help with anything
>It's that easy. Christian people are the nicest in the world

Yeah, it's not like the kicked you out of your house or anything.
>>
>>35174860
Literally read the next post
>>
>>35174848

What about rundown motels? I mean technically you're not homeless but you can easily get kicked out. A apartment takes you like 6 months of nonpayment
>>
>>35174848
My greedy selfish mother kicked me out because paying 3 bills wasn't enough for her, so she thought I wasn't really helping in anything at the house, so I'm currently living with a coworker until I get my new apartment later this week. I've never felt so happy and free, now I can drink whenever I want, smoke weed inside the house, play vidya as long as I can without having anyone yelling at me when they come home from work, and since I wagecuck at a family restaurant, food is not a problem because I can eat whatever I want and take some delicious meals home all without paying a single penny.

>>35174848
I tried that, $45 for a night in a decent hotel in the middle of the city. I was spending too much so I decided to take a risk by putting myself in credit card debt but at least I'll be comfortable for an entire year.
>>
File: my life right now.jpg (30KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
my life right now.jpg
30KB, 334x500px
>>35174333
>christian
>people

choose 1
>>
>>35174496
are you talking about an electric cooler, or just an old fashioned ice box-cooler? also, thanks for the reply, that's good advice.

I also think once i "settle" down in a city, i'll look for cooking jobs, which is always a good, usually free source of food.
>>
File: 1483746920821.png (278KB, 644x361px) Image search: [Google]
1483746920821.png
278KB, 644x361px
>>35174962
(you)
faijafiawuahlvkdsj
>>
File: image of myself (3220).jpg (28KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image of myself (3220).jpg
28KB, 500x333px
>>35175164
Why thank you m'good sir, i see that you were trying to destroy m'e, but i shall not be so m'eagerly reduced by your m'emery!

good day, m'8, I tip my hat to you as well.
>>
I was homeless for about a year, eventually an eccentric real estate millionaire felt pity on my family and gave us a place to live and a job for my parents. It was quite nice, my sister had to go to DC to talk about homeless shit in front of congress and managed to get fairly close to one of his rich sons. Unfortunately she's a dumb roastie and is dating a we wuz kangs nigger now, but such is life.
>>
I think about homelessness a lot.

Around my area, in the bad part of town, there are houses that are literally as cheap as a new-ish car. I often think about just putting some cash down and buying one "in case of shit happening", like a little escape hatch.

But, realistically, if you're not using it, bad things can start to happen to a place if you don't have anyone watching over it. So, I'm hesitant
>>
>>35175653
79th jhcg
>>
>>35175653
Like a publisher safe house
>>
>>35174333
Why do you feel like your behavior is acceptable?

Are you aware that transsexualism is degenerate behavior?
>>
>>35177326
Yea, exactly. When things get too much, just take off and be all like "fuck all a y'all".

People have also been posting about buying land to put a trailer on too. That would be even cheaper, you could fund that stuff no problemo.

Sure, living in a trailer isn't great, but it's better than goddamn freezing your nards off.
>>
>>35177700
>Punisher
lol fuk im sorry.
Did youbactally glean my autism?
Ive been in the shelter system in 2 diff states almost a year now. 6.5/10
>>
>>35178128
Not sure if I'm following you, meng.
>>
>>35173883
Please shower, you disgusting sewer rat.
>>
I'm pretty sure being homeless in SoCal isnt that bad. Tons of homeless chads and Stacey's here
>>
>>35174945
I lived in an Extended Stay America for a few months while I was working on a campaign.
Work is for the birds, as are motels.
My God, the obnoxious normie trash that lives/stays there.
>>
>>35173883
How do you get a job when you don't live in a house or apartment?
Every job I've applied for, (even the burger place down the road from me) asked for an address when applying for work
>>
>>35178246
The punisher.
Fuckin buys houses in who the fuck knows where for safe houses with money he got from even more who knows.
Most likely ill gains from the baddies he kills but still. Its kek worthy, a nearly homeless escaped convict with 10 houses
>>
>>35178741
That's awesome - ten houses
>>
Don't hang around most other homeless, vehicle u certainly have options power wise- if u drink get away from vehicle. Difficult to find place near stuff but ppl don't notice you, but try for that.
>>
>>35178828
Seriously the asshole canon has safe houses bought all over nyc and a few in jersey city in war journal
>>
>>35174333
>>35173955

Was it really worth it? How much gay sex have you had since you came out? Why even come out unless you're getting your boipussy pounded on the reg? Why didn't you whore yourself out and make tons of money?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.