[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anglo feels

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: beer weatherill.jpg (25KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
beer weatherill.jpg
25KB, 460x259px
>start learning a second language in my twenties
>it's difficult because a language isn't taught at school and a significant portion of the population is monolingual
>can't get beyond the level of a toddler
>"you gotta go to somewhere where they speak the language bro"
>go to a country where said language is spoken
>try to speak with them
>as soon as i open my mouth they switch to english
>this happens the entire time that i am there
>>
>>35171716
what language is it, why leave it out of you post?
>>
>>35171716
Sounds like you went to Germany or the Scandies, they're all capable of speaking English up there so I don't know why you bothered.
>>
>wanting to have a useless skill that takes years of effort but can be dismissed in under three words
>>
>try to learn language
>not social enough to ever use it
>>
>>35171716
Learn Spanish or French, they won't speak English with you
>>
>>35171781
>french
Do this in Canada.
They won't even care that you are speaking complete gibberish, they'll just appreciate that someone is trying to learn French.

I was at a cafe in Quebec City a few years ago. The waitress seemed really snooty until I switched to my really broken French.
>>
why doesn't this faggot reply to his own thread, why?
>>
>>35171727
German.
I didn't think it really mattered that I was unspecific.

>>35171729
>>35171769
I don't know why I did either. I shouldn't have started to be honest, but now it feels shit that I've failed.

>>35171893
Because it's been like ten minutes, jeez.
>>
>>35171870
I had the opposite experience in Quebec. I speak good French, and fuckers kept trying to switch to English. Hey, if I speak French to you, that kinda means I want you to speak French back to me.

inb4 your French sucks, I've been to France many times and nobody there ever tried to switch languages. In fact I constantly got commented about how good my French is.
>>
i've had this happen before
my trick is to pretend that their english is hard to understand

works particularly well if they don't seem confident, because you are crushing them on the inside
>>
>>35171949

I'm also a native english speaker living in germany. Care to chat?
>>
>>35172054
Probably not at the moment, I'm shitposting on my phone in bed.

Also, I've long since left Germany.
I was only in Berlin for like a month.
>>
>>35172099

Ah ok then. Shit is hard for me here, but then again I don't really try.
>>
>>35172159
Most hookers in brothels are east euros anyway so they speak better English than German.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.