[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awaiting Arm Amputation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 28

File: bionicarm91029126.png (299KB, 846x467px) Image search: [Google]
bionicarm91029126.png
299KB, 846x467px
fellow robots, I have been recently informed by my doctor that I might have to lose my left arm.
Options are basically they take part of my artery from my leg and fashion it to part of my return vein in my arm, which has unbelievable complications and can not only fuck my arm which is already fucked up beyond belief but can fucking my leg too. My other option is amputation of my arm, I have a lot of control over how it can be amputated but it has to be taken inside of the next two months. It's not my dominant hand so I'm lucky in that regard, but I'm terrified. I'm 18 and even though there are loads of mostly affordable and highly advanced limb Prosthetics out there for me, I know nothing can even come close to what I've called my own body for many years. I'm seriously considering the amputation over potentially horrible damage to my entire body overall. I'm just scared man and I don't know how to deal with it. I've been browsing 4chan since I was 12 so I often come to r9k for the feels and occasionally share some feels myself. Any thoughts on this? Any similar stories? I can greentext how it happened if anyone's interested. It was because of drug abuse actually, and the doctors and nurses treat me like complete shit over it.
>>
im a big fan of cyberpunk though so thats cool
>>
>>35163005

First of all, fuck them for judging you, that's not their place to do so, so don't even worry about it.

Second, what sort of work do you do? Or hobbies? Do you really need the use of that hand?
>>
>>35163005
Post pics pls
Also story?
>>
>>35163005
Dude bright side you could be captain hook or some shit
>>
File: vs.jpg (46KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
46KB, 630x630px
>Get fit
>Lose eye
>Become Big Boss
>Realize the boss's will for the future
>>
>>35163005

why do you need to get it amputated? bacterial infection? Did you leave it festering?

I stabbed my hand with a screwdriver today, and I've been applying antibiotic and alcohol on it religiously. Dont want to get amputated.
>>
>>35163045
I do allot of gaming, and allot of writing and public speaking. So, could be worse. I could be like a clock maker and then I'd be fucked.

>>35163083
Um, no pics atm, I rooted my phone and fucked the camera driver up, haven't been able to use it forever but I don't really take many pics.
Story on the way
>>
>>35163005
Seriously it's the best time to be amputee. Robotic arms are pretty advanced now and only getting better. Also chances are you'll be able to grow an arm in a tube and reattach in a decade or so.
>>
>>35163005
Its time for you to become winter soldier. Ask russians for the prostethics
>>
>>35163005
that's fucked dude. what happened, if you don't mind sharing?
>>
>>35163005
Staph infection, eh? A sore you didn't get checked out?

Fuck. Honestly, I'd probably either go with amputation and live semi-miserably, or else risk it with the leg thing and kill myself if it ended up fucking up my leg again.
>>
>>35163045
>Fuck them for judging you
Nice fatlogic you dumb cunt.
>>
File: 1488158441018.png (415KB, 752x501px) Image search: [Google]
1488158441018.png
415KB, 752x501px
>Junior High finals are coming up
>Tons of homework
>been neglecting, have to do it last minute
>can do, but very stressed out about it all
>decide to take a bunch of antidepressants I got from my doctor long ago
>stuff never really worked and wasn't really all that depressed so figure 6 of them would be good
>go to sleep for school
>second period comes
>ohhhhhyeahhhhhh.gif
>Feelin It
>The field becomes too strong
>Come down with severe serotonin syndrome
>get carted to hospital
>Everybody gives me shit either saying I tried to kill myself or Im an attention-seeking pill head kid
>literally feeling like worst thing in the world
>Dad tells me he wants to actually kill me
>nurse puts iv port in my arm while i have a heartbeat of 190 and crazy high blood pressure for 5 days
>almost died of blood loss three times from IV
>Next year of my life is riddled with horrible problems insane weight loss unbearable pain and hot swelling from that spot in my arm
>Literally bleeding out slightly every day at all times into my body causing swelling that prevents me from breathing completely and eating allot
>fall down and it all gets even worse
>all friends leave
>parents hate me, say im a burden on the entire family because I can't contribute anything
>get by by selling with my pain meds at a crazy inflated price to friends
>gets so bad that I lose all of my weight and become skeletal
>end up in hospital again
>After tests doctor me that it looks like my vein is ruptured with multiple pinhole fractures and the only medication I can get would cause adverse clotting throughout my body and lead to severe damage throughout all systems
>Options are to replace the radial exchange vein with artery from Elsewhere on body
>Or amputation
>Explains risks of artery graphing
>Includes dying as well as never redeeming full or even moderate use of my leg where he would have to take the artery peice from

I'll take amputation over fucking two parts of my body over
>>
>>35163346
Dad's precise words were

"You'd bettr' hope you dun't survive dis, cuz if ya do, I'm goin kill ya, your damn cat and sell your shit for what you've done"
>>
>>35163383
Well to be fair all this shit because you out off middle school homework is kinda ridiculous.
>>
>>35163383
Murder suicide him, anon.

Ironically, of course
>>
>>35163346
Don't have much of a background in medicine, but I'm curious- so the entire problem is because the nurse basically punctured one of your veins while you had extremely high blood pressure? Do veins not heal over time if they get damaged?
>>
>>35163432
sorry meant junior year of high school.

You're right, but I had taken them before without too much trouble, this was not the case though this time. It really just ruined my whole life, but it was only a tired, stressed, 2 second decision.
>>
>>35163005
Sorry bro. Arms are irreplaceable with current technology and there won't be "authentic" prosthetics for years. I can't say I can identify with what you're going through but all the same I wish you the best. Stay safe.
>>
>>35163005
Why is it getting amputated? For what purpose?
>>
>>35163472
They do, but my vein like, tore open, it's bascially splitting open and won't heal. It hasn't healed in the past year thats for sure.
>>
File: 1464415543391.jpg (13KB, 350x334px) Image search: [Google]
1464415543391.jpg
13KB, 350x334px
>you were born too early
>you will never live in the era where people purposely amputate their arms and replace them with superior mechanical ones
>>
File: Jensen_bust.jpg (11KB, 270x266px) Image search: [Google]
Jensen_bust.jpg
11KB, 270x266px
Damn OP. Sounds like you never asked for this.
>>
File: 1487838327084.jpg (33KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
1487838327084.jpg
33KB, 600x347px
>>35163490
thanks m8

>>35163492
its that or i risk total body infections next time i get sick, even with something minor, or i might just bleed out, starve, or die of internal repiritory compression. yay
>>
File: 1456110898633.png (513KB, 455x579px) Image search: [Google]
1456110898633.png
513KB, 455x579px
>>35163495
Why would you ever willingly augment your body? Do you love being on that corporate leash that much?
>>
>>35163005
Damn man, that's some heavy shit. I couldn't imagine losing my arm. I went through something _similar- but it's still nowhere near the same. I had to get my left eye removed because glaucoma fucked it up. But an eye isn't the same as an arm.
>>
>>35163346

damn dude. SSRIs did all this?
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 317x159px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 317x159px
>>35163537
mfw corporate leash lets me punch through walls, survive terminal velocity falls, fight crime or commit crime etc

better life than what i have now
>>
>>35163493
Interesting, sorry about your plight.
>>
>>35163346
>>35163005
Damn, that's really harsg OP. If you want we can swap emails and I could try to be a friend, but I really don't know what to do otherwise. I'm sorry things turned out this way for you.
>>
>>35163556
well more of SSRIs and bascially running a 4 day marathon with a needle in my vein.
>>
>>35163552
>But an eye isn't the same as an arm.

eye is tier-1 bionic, dude.

arms and legs are tier-2.

You have it much worse.
>>
>>35163005
ask them if they can install Typhoon explosive system in your new prosthetic limb.
>>
>>35163576
sure m8, steveberry(at)live(dot)com
>>
>>35163005
Have you considered talking to /d/ ?

Since you are going to have your arm cut off anyway, it doesn't matter what happens to the parts that are going to be cut off. There might be people who would pay money to be able to (after you have a high dose of painkillers of course) cut of fingers, etc.

You might be able to fulfill the dreams of someone with an otherwise unattainable fetish, and make some money in the process!
>>
>>35163606
K I'll message you
>>
>>35163590
I'm op and i second this, I'm sorry for the eye m8.

>>35163602
this is top priority, the arm blade comes next
>>
>>35163590
Nah I don't really feel the same. I've been without vision in my left eye for years (only recently got it removed though). It's honestly not a big deal, it's hardly affected my life except I get headaches easier now. Without an arm there's so much more you just get fucked on. It's harder driving, playing vidya, even doing daily tasks like putting on clothes. Have you ever thought about how many times a day you use both arms?
>>
>>35163514
Except when he purposely overdosed on old prescription drugs.
>>
>>35163691
After not being able to use both arms, since my condition fucks my arm up internally, I know how hard it can be. but its not my dominant, and it could be worse. The swelling and blood loss is the worst part, hence getting it taken.

there are lots of people who lose their arms, shit, and their eyes. If I survive to procreate and make a livable wage, as well as find a way to play vidya with one arm, I have all I could ever ask from life. more or less
>>
>>35163630
>this is top priority, the arm blade comes next
Woh there Edward Elric
>>
>>35163346
You deserve to be judged for pulling stupid shit like that.
>>
>>35163346
>Junior high
Are you underage?
>>
>>35163783
18yo

meant to say junior year high school
>>
>>35163005

If you read any post itt, read this one.

I have a family with history of amputees

My dad has had his left leg amputated and parts of his right foot amputated.

I think the more relevant story though is my grandfather who is(was) a carpenter and he sawed off one finger and one thumb throughout his career. With the thumb he had them sow it back on. he can't move the joint in the middle but he can still use and feel the limb. He did NOT has them sow his sawn off finger back on.

To this day my grandfather regrets not having his finger sown back on. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, like having your own limb even if it is only partially functional. It is the only regret he has in his life and he regrets not telling the doctor to sow the finger back on every day.

Having a limb amputated is also extremely painful and I'm not even talking about the actual amputation. My dad (the leg amputee) wakes up all the time with phantom pains in his leg.

Anon I am telling you, even if it causes you damage, you WILL regret it for the rest of your life if you have your arm amputated, especially if there is even a small chance of saving it.
>>
>>35163747
Funny to me how as the op, I agree completely after doing it.
I would beat the shit out of myself for pulling that if I could, but before I knew the consequences, I would've defended myself.
>>
>>35163005
Take the chance with your leg.
>>
>>35163866
That's generally how it works. Nobody wants to listen to people trying to help them.
>>
>>35163857
Damn.. I was so sure of the amputation before now.

Maybe a smuggled in cigar and a long talk to myself will help me decide. I never even thought about the reality of phantom limb pains.

Thanks for the honest advice, not discounting the other posts in the thread though
>>
It's not worth risking your leg and ending up a potato! Sadly you'll have to amputate your arm! Gaming wise, you can use your feet to control left and right I guess.

Hopefully working prespetics come out within 20 years so you can be your former self.

I feel for you anon :(
>>
Shit dude, just get the surgery done. You'll probably miss your arm more than you'd miss your leg.
>>
>>35163901
You live, you learn. Sometimes you don't a chance to learn from the mistake though, b/c well you die
>>
>>35163902
It's obvious you need to take the chance. It's the logical choice.

A chance at having your arm AND your leg is better than no chance at all. If you fuck up your leg too then what's the big deal? You would be a cripple anyway. There is always suicide if it gets too bad.
>>
>>35163902
This is the most important decision you will make in your life.

I just flicked you an email on the address you provided earlier itt. If you would like to talk to my father (who is the leg amputee) and learn about his experiences with major limb amputation let me know and id be happy to put you in touch.
>>
>>35163346
If I were you I would get a second opinion OP. Also every surgery, no matter how minor comes with come with a risk of dying and other crazy stuff. Consider the surgery again, but also take into account which doctor would be operating on you, some are better than others. You might be able to choose who you want to do your procedure.
>>
Did u check the% on how high the chance for success is?
>>
>>35163005
I'd definitely get it amputated. Prosthetics are only going to get better. Within 10 years you'll have access to a replacement arm with motor control and sensory feedback at least equal to that of your natural arm.
>>
>>35163005
It's ridiculous how you will take a chance with drugs on your body but you won't take the chance on surgery to save your body. At least stay consistent.
>>
>>35163005
Not even gonna shitpost ITT because this is a serious life changing decision.

I'd spend your time right now doing research on the experiences of people who have undergone both of your options.

Maybe see if you can talk to the person performing the procedures on you and get a feel for them and have a heart to heart with them.
>>
>>35163972
>It's obvious you need to take the chance. It's the logical choice.
Um so the logical risk is at high chance of failure? I'm not so sure about your logic.
>A chance at having your arm AND your leg is better than no chance at all. If you fuck up your leg too then what's the big deal? You would be a cripple anyway.
No offense, you seem like a doucher. Keep in mind your grandfather and dad lived in a different time too. My mom's a nurse and has worked with plenty of successful amputies.
>There is always suicide if it gets too bad.
Wow, fuck you trying to screw over this poor kid's life.
>>
>>35163902

My mom got her hand fucked up by a bailer and had to have it amputated. Everything was fucked inside so there was no chance of it being saved. I wish I had a scanner, I'd post the pics because they're pretty grizzly. Anyway, the phantom pain is a real thing, she says she can still feel it, and even with meds everything hurts. It basically shifted her entire muscle structure and she's off balance, falls easy, and is now basically a clumsy tard. That was the accident in general though, not the amputation, though removing the hand will fuck with you. Sadly it's gonna need to be done, such as was in this case. At least you'll be able to walk still, and you can still play games one handed. I taught my mom how to play Dynasty Warriors since you can steer the characters with a stump. Other anon is right though, this shit is going to haunt you one way or another, but point being, take the hand cut, don't fuck up your legs too. You're not healing well as it is, don't complicate the matter more because you don't care of yourself. You're still young.
>>
>>35164113
That's not me you are replying too

>Keep in mind your grandfather and dad lived in a different time too
Ugh they're both still alive and my dad his wealthy as fuck and has access to the best prosthetic limbs in the world but they will never be 2% as good as the real thing

>worked with plenty of successful amputies
Not an arguement
Now go and ask every single one of those amputees what they'd give to have their limb back
>>
>>35164113
He fucked up his own life. I didn't do anything. The only way for him to fix it is to grow some balls. Stop trying to rub your betaness off on him.
>>
>>35163346
>just a kid
>get yourself into the hospital pulling some stupid shit kids pull
>hospital makes it worse through ineptitude
>family abandons you
>friends abandon you
thanks a lot anon I'm fucking crying now
>>
OP here

Thanks to p much everyone in the thread so far, this is a huge decision and /r9k/ is, at times, less than grave about the ordeals of others, but often can show surprising compassion, or simply insight into the situation at hand (good joke about hand amputation)

Nevertheless, thanks for pulling through when a robot needed this, a push to prioritize, analyze and weigh options, as well as reach out (another joke about arm) and contact others.
>>
>>35163537
the trick is to buy the hardware third party and then install gentoo to get it all running
>>
File: 5zK1e3BDxC6i.jpg (38KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
5zK1e3BDxC6i.jpg
38KB, 373x521px
>>35164224
>post about shitty situation on 4chan while on a broken phone in a hospital at night
>can only use one hand, other hand hardly works and might be gone in 2 months
>cries too
>>
>>35164238
>this is a huge decision

No it's not you fucking panzy. Taking the drugs in the first place was a big decision. This is nothing.
>>
>>35164224
Taking a shit tonne of SSRI's is not "some stupid shit kids pull." Stop making it seem like he pulled a shitty prank or sent a cringy love letter.
>>
>>35164323
Taking six of them at once is stupid.
>>
>>35163005
Become a cybord, anon
Become deus ex
>>
>>35164323
I'd had done tons of drugs before, the SSRIs didn't seem too different. In middle school, like 4-5 years ago, all the kids I knew were getting Tramadol from the same kid in school.
>>
>>35164291
I just want tp hug you man
It's all going to be okay
>>
>>35164358
>I Never asked for this
>Makes it even better
>>
>>35164361
This is why drugs are banned. Because little dipshits think every drug is the same and have some experience in one drug will carry over to another.
>>
>>35164404
Having* not have
>>
File: I-know-that-feel-bro-blank.jpg (17KB, 400x369px) Image search: [Google]
I-know-that-feel-bro-blank.jpg
17KB, 400x369px
>>35164371
aw fuck the feels are getting to me

any song recommendations for this /r9k/?
>>
>>35164404
I have no opposition to this. I think it's good to ban drugs to prevent kids who don't know any better from doing them, and ending up either like me or just straight dead. I'm fucking lucky all things considered.
>>
>>35163005
>normie abuses drugs
>lose arm as a result

That's what you get faggot
>>
>>35164454
....What? I'm saying the ban is bad. And it seems to work so fucking well that spastics like you are still able to get them and take them. Which then serves to provide fodder for people like your parents who want to continue such bans because "muh childrun r retard n dey mite die if tak drug so no1 can tak drug ty"
>>
>>35163493
Dude you should sue the nurse, because she fucked up and now you have to get amputated. Its her fault this is happening.
>>
>>35164597
>It's the nurses fault you took so many drugs that you overdosed and your blood pressure was too high to accomodate the IV that saved your life!

Brilliant. Do you blame your genetics and condishuns for being a fat cunt too?
>>
>>35164622
>>35164597
Op here son dead thread, same thoughts. The IV was never used but it would've saved my life if any other problems occurred. It was standard and deemed better than trying to get one in me during a seizure or a heart attack.
>>
>>35163005
But OP, you'd be one step closer to being big boss
>>
>>35163346
just ask for a transplant
>>
>>35164426
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q89L4v8k9dI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rIm14neXssA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ITUhINgcW2o
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7FeTsK3Vr4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sDKvzdJ_uE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ena8xQckseo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MJ8r7l4W3o
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dFT36MENAL0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tgID5OTqlXk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pGb6KYJ3qpA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6VfjAdYbKQ0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlbTPRYMyZE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FqQsZ8g8KHQ
>>
File: 1439969157924.png (250KB, 534x475px) Image search: [Google]
1439969157924.png
250KB, 534x475px
>>35164286
Are you going to download immunosuppression drugs too?
>>
I'd go for the leg thing, then commit suicide if it doesn't work out.

I need all of my limbs.
>>
File: gFAPQOd.gif (1MB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
gFAPQOd.gif
1MB, 310x310px
I hope you know that prosthetics are extremely expensive, anon.
The most cool and function ones are at least 100 grands.
>>
>>35165162
>still has dick
>win
>>
>>35164993
why didn't i think of this...

>>35165061
thanks, gotem all but 21 pilots: dont care for them too much
>>
>>35165304
even then there's no real ethical issue with that since you're just taking vessels which if they don't want to cremate the body it can be cauterized and painted over
>>
>>35165061
>>35165304
Not a fan of most 21Pilots stuff but yeah
I would just link you to my Spotify playlist (wybee here) but I'm to sheepish and it's hooked up to my Facebook.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EtF3ER7nClg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yvlNYNcOpgM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4CmcnWQ-754
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9acxJtwXtvc
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVAmlpbnD4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dao5P8Mqkzw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89BYsYLilY8
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0TepmVTCeM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6RV_eAKZm-E
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DKC6GbbVloE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NVHQNGzPbOI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCqqdjK-nt4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jTwdGRHl5Mw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T7DSFDsB2aw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4o0WYiK52Dg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T99he2Hi3Vc
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=34o4voL1Lw8
:^)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM
>>
>>35163005
Please explain in graphic detail how your (presumably IV) drug abuse lead to irreparable vascular damage
>>
>>35165675
>not reading the thread before posting
>>
File: IMG_5916.png (160KB, 500x202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5916.png
160KB, 500x202px
>>35163005
I'm sorry OP no matter how you've come to get there. I think amputation is the best solution despite how terrifying it must feel right now. I have a cousin that lives without his right forearm and he can do pretty well with the proesthetic arm desu. Also I think the most inportant thing is that the technologies are hoing forward so quickly that in a few years I think the proesthethics will be so much more advanced that you won't be as restricted desu.
I wouldn't risk it but I know it's tough as fuck op, stay strong pic related cut off his own arm as he tried to try fuck up a guy that betrayed and killed all his friends and was fucking his gf in front of him. he made a cannon iron arm prosthethics
>>
File: 1484265158051.jpg (41KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
1484265158051.jpg
41KB, 600x445px
>>35165061
>Mobileposting
euck!
>>
>>35166167
Phoneposting is the only way to post you fucking hermit
>>
>>35166183
Only solidifying my opinion that r9k is a load of rick kid liberal teens who complain about how shit life is because mum wouldn't drop me off outside starbucks.
>>
hey armbro post pics of your dick
>>
>>35166206
I'm happy with my life nitwit. I phonepost because I lead a live not tethered to a "battlestation".
>>
File: 1486950983075.png (246KB, 338x344px) Image search: [Google]
1486950983075.png
246KB, 338x344px
>>35166225
>not tethered to a "battlestation".
RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GET OUT! GET OUT!
>>
memes aside. what is actually wrong with phoneposting?
>>
>>35166281
>get out
You don't understand, I AM out. I'm doing a comfy nightwalk while you sniff your taint.
>>
>>35166339
Proving my point more, where I live, if I do one of these nightwalks i'll get stabbed to death and bummed.
>>
considering your condition, I would think it would be smarter not to risk the leg surgery. You seem to be pretty weak as it is and I wouldn't trust your ability to be able to handle such a major surgery. I'm not a doctor though so take your surgeon's opinion over mine.

Plus you're young. Prosthetic technology is only going to improve as time goes on. Who knows what will be possible in say 15 years.

IMO Full function is more important than sensation and holding on to your own body part; you will always regret the things you can't do more than the things you can't be. I know I'm talking out of my ass but I really feel for your situation and want to at least give you some advice.
>>
>>35163005
As technology grows more advanced your prosthetic arm will get better too. Count on that OP.
>>
>>35166400
Sucks to be you. Was that the point you were trying to make? >you're not a true robit if you don't get stabbed walking around the block
>>
>>35166400
Where do you live cunt. I live in the third most crime ridden suburb in my city (I also used to live in the 1st and 2nd worst suburbs) and its safe to walk around at night. Only the 1st worst suburb was too dodgy, even during the day it was bad. You're probably a pussy.
>>
>>35166444
>you're not a true robit if you don't get stabbed walking around the block
kek
>>
>>35164323
Yes, that's his fault as a dumb teenager for taking drugs, in a culture where trillion dollar media industry keeps pushing the ideas drugs are cool and personal responsibility is to be laughed at, at an age where hormones are raging and peer pressure is incredibly efficient.

Come on, anon. I'm as straight edge as it gets and I sneer at most of you degenerates, but this is one scenario where "he was just a kid" applies.
>>
>>35164291
we are eternal

this pain is an illusion
>>
>>35166490
>IT IS THE MEDIA'S FAULT HE TOOK DRUGS. THEY FORCED HIM TO
>W-what?
>H-he admits he took them because he was stressed over literally nothing and was in a situation he had put himself in by not studying?
>STILL THE MEDIA'S FAULT. KIDS BEING KIDS. YOU DIDN'T HAVE A REAL CHILDHOOD IF YOU DIDN'T OVERDOSE ON SSRI'S

You're a fucking moron mate. Kill yourself you narcissistic faggot.
>>
>>35166460
Salford m8
>>
>>35166501
Quit quoting Tool and lighten up.
>>
>>35166552
Yeah mate that place seems like a shithole. Stay inside.
>>
>>35163005
Forget about prosthetics. The question is whether or not you risk the leg surgery.

You were or are a drug abuser. You have to ask yourself now if you can practice the kind of discipline it may take to maintain your health following the leg surgery, particularly in the case that it doesn't go exactly right. It may take months or years to come out the other end of that process with as close to a success as can be deemed possible.

You have to look deeply inward and think about how you would deal with that situation over the course of your life. Of where it can possibly take you. If at all possible speak to others who have had the same surgery and see how they have done. See what sacrifices they had to make and what demands were put upon them.

Compare all of this to the potential loss of your arm. I don't know how you could cope with this mentally. Some do well, some do not. I have a cousin who was born without an arm. He's completely well adjusted and sleeps easy at night. But he was born without it. If you have it amputated you may be able to "move on" sooner from the ordeal in the sense that there will not be much left to think about. It will be done and you can only adapt. I think the chance of relapse into drug addiction here is lower. Some days you may go almost all day without thinking about the loss of your arm. Some days will be hell. Some weeks or even months will be hell.

Reading further, you're very young to be dealing with this kind of matter. And this is not the right board to answer the question truthfully. You need to find real people who have gone through these kind of things to talk to. Ask your doctor to put you in touch with them.
>>
>>35163346
After you make your decision you need to move out from your parents house. Ask another family member to take you in while you apply for government assistance (disability). This will create a lot of temporary tension but my gut tells me your family will not try for very long to get you back.
>>
File: 1247539481376.jpg (118KB, 510x431px) Image search: [Google]
1247539481376.jpg
118KB, 510x431px
Dont really have any advice for you OP, just want to say good luck

mabye one day you can have pic related
>>
>>35163346
"America is a first world country"

oh wow
>>
You're banking too much upon the idea of prosthetics. I would consider researching the leg operation a little more. It may seem like the right choice to amputate the arm at first, but that could completely backfire on you once the reality hits you.

Personally, I would hate to be in your shoes. One of my deepest fears is having a limb amputated.
>>
>>35164426
Way to fall from MGS3. maybe feels less bad when you can relate to Big Boss
>>
>>35163005
Don't amputate. You will never get your arm back, prosthetics don't even come close.
Get a second third fourth and fifth opinion, drive out of state if you have to.
Insist on every visit to explore options that let you keep your limbs whole.
Realize that doctor's have varying degrees of competence they make mistakes all the time, and people get butchered for putting too much trust in them.
Make sure whoever you choose is competent, don't be lazy in exploring your options, don't compromise.

This is option 1
>>
File: Hydrated.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
Hydrated.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>35163346
hmm...

Op I know cure

u haf to remember to stay hydratted, otherwise u might lose more because bad headpaines

drink watr
>>
>>35163005
I wouldn't give up my arm if I was you.

Maybe you have to fuck up your leg a bit, but having one arm is going to be worse than having a fucked up leg.
>>
>>35166947
Option 2:

Your body can heal itself. This is physically possible since some people recover from your condition. If you can suspend your disbelief then these links contain all the info you need to help your body recover. It's all free, I make new threads all the time you are welcome to visit them with any questions you have if you need help.
Good luck.

>Introduction video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFKVVP8KXd4

>How to perform the procedure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wG2FA4vfLQ

>Demonstration video of the technique being used on war veterans for PTSD, traumatic war memories and nightmares (Optional)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3JnxLWe5RI

>Introduction article (Optional)
http://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/what-is-eft.html

>Written tutorial (Optional)
http://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/how-to-do-eft.html

>Here you can search for specific emotional problems and tap along with the video (Optional)
https://www.youtube.com/user/eftwizard

>Comprehensive video course on piratebay (Optional but highly recommended if you want to improve your results)
thepiratebay(DOTTT)org/torrent/4025348/The_EFT_Course_-_Emotional_Freedom_Technique_-_Gary_Craig
>>
>>35165162
This seems like a very good plan

Do you live in the US, OP? If you do, and you're 18, you can buy a single shot shotgun in every state without licensing.

You're only gonna need one round of 00 buck to get the job done
>>
File: IMG_0276.png (818KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0276.png
818KB, 1242x2208px
>>35167012
Apu apustaja u r so smrat hoe u doo iet?
>>
>>35163005
Get a prosthetic like your pic OP, everyone know's they're fucking badass.
>>
>>35163520
Fucker, you got yourself into this and you can't even spell simple words. You're clearly an idiot, you should refuse treatment altogether so society doesn't have to waste more money on a fuck up like you.
>>
>>35163045
>fuck them for judging you

nah, fuck you for doing dumb shit

do dumb shit, get judged
>>
OP get one of those awesome bionic limbs that Hugh Herr makes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AoRmlAZVTs&feature=youtu.be&t=11m25s

This shit is like Deus Ex level
>>
Make sure you get a second opinion. This doc could be just as incompetent as the nurse
>>
Holy fucking shit this thread made medepresed. but comom op try the risk with you leg. If it wont work out.... Then you get 2 prostetics and will be like fucking edward from that chinase cartoon.
>>
File: 1479169385131.jpg (31KB, 473x350px) Image search: [Google]
1479169385131.jpg
31KB, 473x350px
>>35165136
Modern prostheses are already done from materials that don't require immunosuppression drugs.
>>
>>35163005
it's not as bad as it sounds OP, lots of people you meet on the streets are amputated, but we don't notice it, you'll get used to it
>>
>>35163005
Cant wait til transhumanism starts really taking off. I'm gonna start replacing everything.
>>
Look up Tammy Duckworth if you think amputating will ruin your life
>>
>>35163346
>drug abuse

You got a very rare syndrome and were extremely unlucky. I thought it was cause you were injecting heroin but you were actually just really unlucky. Just lose the arm dude, in a way its cool and you can make up stories about how you lost it.
>>
>>35163005
Just attach a Chainsaw to your amputated arm and you're good senpai.
>>
>>35168750
You can't even get high off of SSRIs, just minor effects or OD. OP basically ruined his life because he didn't research what he was putting into his body. Completely his own fault.
>>
>>35168750
not as rare as you'd think friend, SSRI's ruin lives on a constant basis they are poison imo
>>
>>35163495
Born too early? M8ty the dawn is upon us
>>
File: Tambourine_cyborg.png (142KB, 333x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tambourine_cyborg.png
142KB, 333x400px
Your story is sad OP, but not because you're going to lose an arm. It is sad because your friends, your family and the hospital staff are all assholes to you even though you need help and support. Fortunately you have us, the real human beans of /r9k/.
Fuck them normies, lose the arm (countless people have lost limbs over the years, and the left arm is clearly the one I'd choose to lose out of the four), become the Boss.
>>
I'm so glad that my arms and hands are riddled with tons of huge veins close to the surface.

Makes iv's easy and I have almost no worry of blood clots or anything. Thanks genes.
>>
File: download (12).jpg (12KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
12KB, 199x254px
Punished Anon

An hero denied his Tendies
>>
>>35163005
>does drugs
>about to lose arm
>treated like shit
ya kinda deserved this dipshit.
have fun with augmentation rejection syndrome
>>
>>35163125
>and allot of writing
>allot
Sure mate.

What evolutionary stone do you give your Alot to turn him into an Allot?
>>
If you can afford those bionic arms I would definitely do that.

Your legs are infinitely more useful than your non dominant hand.

Imagine if you were to lose the ability to walk just because you were scared to have a bionic arm on your non dominant hand. You would be absolutely crushed.

However if you get a bionic prosthetic for your non dominant hand your life will barely change and you will probably have fully adjust in 2-3 months.

Just my opinion.

Maybe look up what people who have lost various limbs have to say about how their life was moving forward.

My guess is losing your legs or leg is much more devastating than your non dominant hand.
>>
>>35163125
All those hobbies can be done with non dominant hand. Gaming will be more difficult but there is a diamond player on league of legends with no limbs.
>>
>>35163346
>so figure 6 of them would be good

how retarded are you not to take them as prescribed

ameriburger intelligence
>>
Iv drug abuse, i assume?

im a heroin addict who has shot up everything under the sun, including random shit i found on the floor and im grateful i never lost an arm.

Sucks man, howd it happen?
>>
>>35163902

You can also get amputation neuromas.

Your doctors should be talking about this with you. The fact that they aren't is worrying as fuck.

These seem like bad doctors OP.
>>
>>35170266
Read
The thread
oregano
>>
>>35163005
IM NUCLEARRRRRR
IM WILDDDDDD
beta uprise op, we need an armless stealth hero
>>
>>35163301
>>35167625

Oh boy the edgelords are here

Can you fags stop with this shit? Its like every time basic human empathy is mentioned at least one retard has to pop in to show everybody how "tough and matter-of-fact" he is. Its annoying as fuck you autistic retards.
>>
>>35163346
>getting cucked this hard
This rng has to be the work of kek, you are chosen. You must fulfill your destiny as the big boss robot. Begin the uprising REEEEEE
>>
File: 1487434245313.png (476KB, 760x521px) Image search: [Google]
1487434245313.png
476KB, 760x521px
>>35171688
many edgelords in thred

hope u get better op
>>
File: IMG_1099.jpg (32KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1099.jpg
32KB, 480x478px
Cheer up OP
Maybe someday you can have a cool robot arm
>>
>>35163493
>the vein won't heal
>but it's okay to cut out the whole vein and stitch on a new one
I call bullshit.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.