[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Potential repercussions of being diagnosed with a mental disorder

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: out_of_order_head.jpg (227KB, 1679x1118px) Image search: [Google]
out_of_order_head.jpg
227KB, 1679x1118px
What are the potential repercussions of being diagnosed with a mental disorder? Part of me wants to go to a psychiatrist and get evaluated but I'm scared that if i get labelled as deranged then it will hinder my future career prospects, my ability to get a gun license and ability to emigrate.
>>
>>35159773
Depends 100% on what country you live in.

In the US, your mental health records are completely confidential and cannot be used against you for travel, employment or anything else. You must sign a written agreement to release your records to anyone that requests them, and you agree to how much is released.

The ONLY exception to all of this is military enlistment and gun ownership.

Your mental health history is extremely relevant to your ability to serve, and you have to disclose if you've ever so much as seen a psychologist if you want to enlist. You can be barred from entry due to mental illness, and can be kicked out after being diagnosed with anything if it's bad enough (like I was).

In addition there are multiple federal laws against anyone who is "mentally defective" or has been institutionalized from owning a gun. A lot of background checks don't pick up on this, though, so sometimes it can be circumvented. This obviously varies from case to case.
>>
>>35159994
I live in the UK.

Did you know woodlice and silverfish are closely related? This fact isnt original but it will let me post.
>>
>>35160222
No idea what UK's laws are like but I bet you could find out pretty easily by googling it.

What's more important is that if you feel like you need mental health care, you're probably going to hurt your employment prospects, ability to get a gun license and ability to emigrate a lot more by letting your mental issues go unchecked.
>>
>However, chief officers of police should be alert to cases in which a General Practitioners report reveals that an applicant has exhibited, or is exhibiting, signs of serious depression, suicidal tendencies, or long standing or intermittent periods of either emotional instability or unpredictable behaviour.

I cant post the source because apparently its non-ascii text. Its just the Home Office's Guide on Firearms Licensing Law

seems like you cant get a gun if you have a history of mental health issues in the UK.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.