[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into drawing? You guys have any tips for beginners?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 547a7010822b92a7b225ce5e8c8f88d7.jpg (351KB, 1200x701px) Image search: [Google]
547a7010822b92a7b225ce5e8c8f88d7.jpg
351KB, 1200x701px
How do I into drawing? You guys have any tips for beginners? How long did it take you to git gud? My goal is to eventually be able to create concept-art like illustrations of fantastical lands, like pic related. Or maybe make animations.

I just need to know how to get started and I if I I should start digital or stick to pencil and paper, thanks.
>>
>>35159655
>My goal is to eventually be able to create concept-art like illustrations of fantastical lands, like pic related
Get into painting instead my dude
>>
>>35159689
Shouldn't I start with the basics first and tackle that later?
>>
>>35159655

If you didn't start at a young age then it's too late for you.
>>
>>35159689
nigga you need to learn how to draw before you learn how to paint
>>
>>35159737
It's never too late. Besides I'm only 19 and I have this burning urge to start learning. I'm sure I can dedicate a lot of time and energy to it, I just need a good system to help me get started.
>>
>>35159655
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VfDTpLLVl5bWUGWguswKpPFml533luI8-NBd1EGYHnA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>>
>>35159728
>>35159791
Drawing isn't the same as painting, so no matter what it will be like starting at the beginning. If landscape stuff is what you want then painting is what you want to learn how to do and learning how to draw lines won't help you do that.
>>
goto devientart or tumblr and strive to improve or reamain a talentless fuck here, you gotta choose
>>
File: no.gif (40KB, 364x170px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
40KB, 364x170px
>>35159896
i know this is bait but just in case anyone falls for this, part of learning to draw is learning about perspective, shapes, lines, and lighting which you need to know before you can even think of colouring/painting
>>
>>35160141
That's pretty terrible advice. I'm looking for specific strategies to help me start. Like what tools I should use, and what basics I need to work on. I think from there I'll find my way.
>>
>>35159655
go to /ic/. They can be harsh brutal cunts, but some of them know their stuff.

I also recommend you check out >>35159856

aside from that, you need to be very patient with yourself.
>>
>>35160327
>>>/ic/
Read the stickies
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.