[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What compels people to reply to bait?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1466728018380.gif (1MB, 916x544px) Image search: [Google]
1466728018380.gif
1MB, 916x544px
What compels people to reply to bait?
>>
>>35152845
Hey OP, nice picture can I use it?
>>
>>35152870
Be my guest. A contribution would be appreciated.
>>
>>35152845
Newfaggotry, that doesn't last, the pain though.. lasts forever.
>>
>>35152845
some believe the bait to be not bait
some fight bait with bait
some are just bored
>>
>>35152845
Self validation and an attempt at convincing other people, in the hope of empowering their circle of belief.
>>
>>35152845
if your arguments are strong enough, baits become strawmen
>>
Lack of 'lurk moar' being enforced these days. As a result, newfags are less acquainted with copypasta, troll replies, blatantly obvious shitposting and board culture references.
>>
File: 1487047098850.png (357KB, 540x780px) Image search: [Google]
1487047098850.png
357KB, 540x780px
>>35152845
Sometimes the bait is too strong, a claim so outlandish and annoying you feel the urge to correct the "moron who shat out that opinion"
The only winning move is not to play but you want to fight the bait and force the baiter to exhaust his quips to the point when his baits become shit tier lolling etc
But at that point you already lost since you fed the troll, the victory condition for the guy answering the bait = exhaust baiters dialogue with logic and facts
trolls victory condition = lol i made you reply, my (you)'s!
What the bait replying guy doesn't realize is that people will answer his answer to the bait too causing domino effects, which is aphrodisiac to the baiter troll

So basically it is like arguing with a moron, the moment you indulge him you lose

TLDR; Arrogance and need to be right
>>
>>35152981

This. Also, since internet talk on here is pressure free social interaction, it's easy to fake confidence, sincerity, and the line between irony and sincerity is blurred. Sometimes the bait is being replied to simply as an anons means of reacting to the stress or anger it makes him feel, imagining someone saying it to them, even if they know it's bait.

I've noticed recently though that many anons are responding to bait because they're frustrated with all the bait. It seems like 90% of this site is somebody trying to get any kind of reaction from anyone through blatantly obvious posts screaming for attention. That's especially frustrating to anyone who would be trying to have a discussion or conversation on here without someone getting called a turbo nigger.
>>
>>35152845
Newfaggotry. The board lives off it though so can't really complain
>>
>>35152845
what compels people to shill transexual and interracial agendas on /r9k/?
>>
>>35154085
jews aren't people
>>
I don't care enough. It seems to matter little whether you respond to it or not.
>>
File: roze5.jpg (84KB, 1063x940px) Image search: [Google]
roze5.jpg
84KB, 1063x940px
>>35152845
because she looks into the camera and jumps on jews, while laughing at her own jokes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.