[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mask

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: memetoy.jpg (185KB, 1600x1982px) Image search: [Google]
memetoy.jpg
185KB, 1600x1982px
Who here wears a well crafted mask?

I'm actually successful in social situations, I'm even usually the center of attention and I see it as a game, a challenge; thing is, I'm always wearing the mask. Sometimes it's so convincing I have trouble recognizing who I really am. I make jokes, I'm interesting, I make friends easily.

I developed this mask as a survival skill, I discovered at a very young age that people only associate with those that look and sound like them, and I adapted. Problem is, I don't care about them. I feel zero empathy towards them. Their problems are so superficial, so easily fixable.

I'm empty inside, and at this point the "bee urself" has become a joke I used to tell myself. But I'm not sad about it, it was either the mask or going mad. Life is not difficult for me, but it sure is a lonely road.

I hope to become the mask at some point.
>>
>>35148190
I was invisible, ignored to the extent that it was painful, but then I adopted a cool, stoic persona, which could be said to be like a mask. No one cared about me before, but now they are always asking questions
>>
I do, but it's not well crafted. More like a plastic Halloween mask.
>>
Stop giving this "mask" all the credit man, It's you who does all of it, you are being yourself. You just think "nah, it can't be, I'm nowhere that good". But if this mask ain't you, then who is it? You can't go around thinking that you are never being yourself, because no matter how many times you try to be yourself you are still gonna believe you are merely pretending.
>>
I have a very simple mask. It has multiple layers though.
I take off the first layer easily, but after that it takes years to get off the next to someone.
Infact, the one person who I took the 2nd off of to has moved away, so now nobody knows who I really am except me.
Maybe I can be real with someone one of these days...
>>
>>35148190
Do you actually feel lonely or genuinely sad (not upset or bored, just regreting stuff) at times?

If not really, then you might as well be one of these weirdos born with a psychopath brain and incapable of feeling deep feelings.
>>
NO MASK? NO MASK!
>>
File: nonconformist.jpg (454KB, 1280x1197px) Image search: [Google]
nonconformist.jpg
454KB, 1280x1197px
>>35148190
If anything it's a mask of invisibility only, because my coping mechanism is hiding the fuck away in my apartment with the door shut and latched. I go to school, take my lumps in the form of hesitance on the part of others to interact with me, and go home. I will not conform.
>pic related except not remotely self-confident
>>
So you're saying no one cared who you were until you put on the mask?
>>
>>35149410
I often feel lonely but not really sad, I also thought about being a sociopath/whatever else but no definition or categorization of any type would change my day to day life.

>>35149557
Was about time I got memed, I was getting worried.
>>
>>35149508
that picture is supposed to be a joke right?
>>
File: daily.jpg (129KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
daily.jpg
129KB, 700x471px
I'm in the same boat.
I did it because I wanted to people to like me, then I found that wasn't as fulfilling as I thought it would be. Now I just want to find someone that I feel comfortable around, someone that I feel like I'm not just putting on a facade of a personality for. Loneliness feels really emphasized when you're constantly surrounded by people that make you feel alone.
>>
>>35150323
wouldn't you want to know what love is?
or are you just going to start a family on day to look normal
>>
>>35151276
meant for>>35149825

sorry>>35150323
here's an extra you
>>
>>35151276
Of course, who wouldn't, but I don't live waiting for it, I just keep moving. What will happen will happen.
One thing is for sure, no kids.
>>
>>35151424
how did you find that you are a sociopath, are you legally diagnosed or are you hesitant that this will come back at you negatively
>>
>>35149909
t. blue pilled faggot
>>
File: 1487722672750.jpg (17KB, 590x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487722672750.jpg
17KB, 590x300px
>>35148190

>tfw to emotionally void and autistic for the mask

I'd like to, but don't have it in me to fake that hard. Good on you though for decieving the normies. I just want a group of mates to chill out and smoke with. Like true bros that you connect with on a deep level. I don't want to have to fake anything.
>>
>>35151563
I'm not diagnosed or self diagnosed with anything, and I'm not looking for it.
Just wanted to share how I feel about this way of life.
>>
>>35148190
OP can I borrow your mask?
>>
File: 1471623994693.jpg (39KB, 540x456px) Image search: [Google]
1471623994693.jpg
39KB, 540x456px
>>35148190
/Masker/ reporting in.

There's a certain feeling of freedom in knowing that I'll never be able to truly care about another human being.

However, not a day goes by that I don't contemplate suicide because of the sheer meaninglessness of it all.

At times I abhor the way I behave in order to blend in with them. Not sure if any of this effort will ever amount to anything worthwhile.
>>
>>35148311
This describes my life
>>
File: The Mask.jpg (867KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
The Mask.jpg
867KB, 3264x2448px
>>35152036
Here's the actual mask I own that symbolizes the metaphorical facade I put on to hide my true nature. Do you guys like it?
>>
>>35152283
Do you wear it and practice in front of the mirror?
>>
>Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask
The thread
>>
>>35151705
i don't think either side is definitively a conformist/nonconformist and i also think it's immature to believe that you can identify a person's traits based on their way of dressing. both of these men are projecting an image (both conforming to societal expectations in their own subculture, by the way) but neither one necessarily identifies with any of the ascribed meanings. if it wasn't meant to be a joke, then it failed at making a point.
>>
>>35152366
Hmm.... well yes sometimes.
>>
>>35152417
What do you practice exactly? can you give example?
Honestly I didn't thought you'd say yes
>>
OP here, going to sleep, long act to play tomorrow. Take care.
>>
>>35152501
Good night : I

orignaplx
>>
>>35152453
I'll leave it up to your imagination.
>>
File: 1487822442067.jpg (80KB, 562x393px) Image search: [Google]
1487822442067.jpg
80KB, 562x393px
I feel like my entire life story was told in one thread. Thanks anons.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (132KB, 561x768px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
132KB, 561x768px
>>35149909
>>35152392
>timeless elegance
>impeccably dressed
>>
lame, I thought this thread might be about actual masks. I have a victor von doom one i'll wear around the house(Latveria)
>>
>>35154540
>autism

Anyways pretending to be someone else can be good while you figure out how you can be yourself.
>>
>>35148190
I'm the exact same, especially how little empathy I feel for them. If all my supposed friends died I wouldn't feel anything for them, it wouldn't even be an inconvenience for me.
Anyone ITT ever wonder if they're sociopaths?
>>
>>35148366
You are wise anon, this might not apply to everyone, but your comment surely had wisdom
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.