[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walking around my campus >half the people I pass are staring

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: 1487543158618.jpg (71KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1487543158618.jpg
71KB, 400x388px
>walking around my campus
>half the people I pass are staring at their phones while walking
>go to lecture
>2/3rds are glued to their phone before the lecture even begins. 1/3rd remain so after the lecture starts
>get coffee with my friend
>he's checking his fucking phone every 5 minutes
>watch movie with gril
>she's on her phone the entire fucking time
>try to spend some quality time with my younger brother (15)
>he's on his phone for the vast majority of it, constantly checking his facebook and snapchat shit

Does this infuriate anyone else on here as much as it infuriates me? People nowadays are so addicted to their goddamn phones that they aren't even humans anymore - they're just meatpuppets for their online personas. Women are by far the worst for this, but the majority of men are like this too.
>>
I think it is now basically impossible to just talk to a group of people, as you will never have their full attention. also seems like people aren't individuals anymore as the consume so much media they emulate whatever youtuber or whoever they see and think is "cool", with youth anyway.
>>
>>35148049
I don't need the attention of a whole group, but if I'm one-on-one having a conversation with someone, it pisses me off to no end that they fuck around on their phone during the conversation
>>
File: SmartPhone2.jpg (78KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
SmartPhone2.jpg
78KB, 605x605px
>>35147848
Wow so insightful OP. You truly see through the facade of modern society. What's it like to be to intelligent to use a mobile phone?
>>
it's their inability to "just be" without a flashy distraction.

i see people walking into the middle of four lane traffic staring at their phones and waiting in the middle, blindly trusting the drivers will avoid them

put any one of these people in a room without any distractions whatsoever for an hour and they will go totally insane. instead of being and thinking, contemplating their lives within the living experience of it, they substitute real thoughts for glitch like updates on their phone status, their messages and all that stuff.

you won't see really intelligent people doing this because they actually have things to think about and don't need to "kill time" or fill moments with brain candy flashy fun time.
>>
>>35147848
Someone watched Black Mirror lol
>>
from a failed normie here looking at your phone is like looking at someones eyes while talking to them and looking away for a break

i always get the urge to take out my phone when the conversation is dull
>>
I do this because I want to look busy so that people wont look at me and think im so loner creep with no friends.
Also because for the most part, it keeps people away.

But I do agree that normies are basically just slaves to their phones.
>>
>>35149519
Yeah see, this guy gets it.
It's like not having to look people in the eye but with the phone its socially acceptable.
>>
>>35147848
I actually kinda agree OP, but theres literally nothing that can be done about it, my buddy comes over to play overwatch and all he does is spend any downtime on fucking Tinder

Nowadays I just do the same thing, when I'm standing around idle I always pull out my phone, sometimes to do nothing more then fiddle with the lockscreen
>>
File: 1403445316402.jpg (1MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1403445316402.jpg
1MB, 1916x1080px
>>35147848

I often leave my phone by my bed at week ends its not that I don't want to be pestered
its just that noone calls anyway and I don't have much to say or share on social media

but some times I just want to be left alone with my headphones on with the music up wait thats just as bad
>>
>>35148635
>>35149511
>making it this obvious you're the kind of person op described
>>
File: 4747348282.jpg (46KB, 544x462px) Image search: [Google]
4747348282.jpg
46KB, 544x462px
>>35147848
>be a month ago
>my mum's washing machine broke
>since her birthday was coming up i decided to buy her one
>go to local store
>pick the machine, taking care of everything
>ready to pay
>girl asks for the delivery info
>give address
>and on the phone I put my home phone (land-line)
>she says I need to add a cell phone
>tell her I don't have one
>she call her manager
>explain I don't have a cellphone
>they refused to sell me the washing machine
>they cant close the sale without a cellphone number on the delivery info
>girl says to me
>"you must be a great person to have a conversation with and to hang out with"
>"you don't have a cellphone I bet we would have a great time"
>o-ok by

I got tons of story's about me not having a cellphone, this was just the most recent one.
>>
>>35147848

A generation of mindless drones.
>>
>>35149800

Was she being sarcastic?
>>
>>35149834
I don't think so, she probably just felt sorry for me or something.
>>
Yup everyone is on their phones. I guess it's because they have lives to update for social media or they're the type of person that has to be entertained at all times. I have a phone but no friends or social media to use only 4chan. I do sometimes hope a normie dies from phone use
>>
>>35149834
She was probably being genuine, I enjoy people's company more the less they use their phones.
>>35147848
I hate it so much. I can't stand when someone makes it clear that they're less interested in me than their phone. I often judge people based on how glued they are to their screens
>>
i wonder when the social media bubble is going to burst, and what these people are going to do with themselves in public when it's no longer acceptable to be on your phone all the time.
>>
the worst of all this is that they don't care about human conversation or interaction anymore, it's like they choose who they want to talk to and when they go back to their phones when they think it's inconvenient or boring. but it's not their fault because their phones literately stole their interest in real life.
>>
>>35147848
I don't really like bitching too much about modern society and stuff, but phones do annoy me.
I refuse to watch films or tv shows with other people, they either talk over it or constantly play on their phones and then have the gall to ask what's going on.
>>
>>35147848
Honestly it doesn't bother me too much, mostly because of >>35149519 and >>35149579. With my phone and earbuds I have an excuse to be alone and not look weird. Plus, having a map on my phone is literally a lifesaver.

However it does bother me when people do it in one-on-one social situations like you described, such as getting coffee or watching a movie. It's just not necessary unless you are trying to show the person you're with a photo or something.
>>
It's disgusting. I try not to get angry at the zombies unless it directly affects me, for example if some bitch is too busy looking at her phone at the sidewalk to move faster than a snail.
>>
>they aren't even humans anymore - they're just meatpuppets for their online personas

https://youtu.be/l1yI7un5NyQ?t=1163

i don't know how an anime made in 1997 predicted this shit.

there is also a book called "Consciousness and the Brain" that reaffirms that this is going to happen

don't have kids if you don't want them to be part of the next stage of human evolution.
>>
It's because you/the lecturer is a boring cunt and a phone is more interesting.
>>
>>35150196
>tfw don't have any social network
>pull out my cellphone at stare at the homescreen or browse 4chan to not look that I'm alone
>>
>>35147848
Are 4channers really any better?

Only difference is we don't do it in public as much but we're almost never in public.
>>
>>35150345
Yep, that's pretty much the same.

I only browse this shithole at home and try to do it less. But the people who browse Facebook/etc outside do disrespect the others.
>>
Only because it means there's zero chance to make friends nowadays. The old "just go outside and start a conversation" bit no longer applies when the entire world is wired and wants nothing to do with anyone beyond the network they've already formed.
>>
>>35150289
Saying it's okay for conversations to be a battle between phones and people is a pretty dangerous slippery slope.
>>
>>35149800
buy a phone, dipshit, they give them out for free these days. phones are a necessity in the 21st century.
>>
>>35147848
It's when there's lots of push factors in the conversation, and nobody is smart enough to come up with a pull factor, so they just check their phone awkwardly, since they don't just want to talk to you and stare at you, and always have it on standby in case the situation comes up, which it inevitably will.
>>
>>35150511
Please explain these push and pull factors you speak of
>>
>>35147848
>meatpuppets for their online personas

I like this expression but you're normie filth that needs to GTFO this board immediately.
>>
>>35150489
I don't own a phone and get along fine. A phone is just a useful platform to shill you products via advertisement and to keep social pressure on 24/7.
>>
>>35150511
>push factors
>pull factors
Can you elaborate?
>>
Yesterday evening, watching movie at my home with 2 friends. First 5 minutes of the movie, the completely lost because they were glued to their fucking phones. Then they asked me, and I said "next time pay attention you social media whores". needless to say, they looked at me with confused stares.

I hate 21th century. I wish I had been born a smith son in 17th century and had died at 35 of scabies
>>
>>35150546
He's swallowing the black pill, the transformation is taking place, one more may soon join our ranks.
>>
>>35150168
this, I mean there's even shameless idiots ITT who feel that way

>>35149519
>>35149619
>>
>>35150552
What do you do for a living?

How will you contact emergency services and family in a pinch?
>>
Yes

Also
>Posting from my android device
>>
>>35150632
>What do you do for a living?
Kek, I'm a NEET.
>>35150632
>How will you contact emergency services and family in a pinch?
Phoneboxes are plentiful where I live.
>>
>>35150345
If you want to spend all of your alone time on your phone, or 4chan, or Facebook, or whatever: so be it. It's when you start to disrespect others and waste THEIR time by ignoring them in favour of your phone that it crosses the line
>>
Fuck all the time normie fags on their god dammed phones
>>
>>35150489
I wouldn't say a necessity. I own one and rarely ever turn it on even. I usually leave it sitting at home in a drawer, anywhere I go I don't bother with it because I'm out with people and they are much more important than whatever might be on a screen.
>>
File: 1462838011426.jpg (47KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1462838011426.jpg
47KB, 398x356px
>>35147848
I ensure I keep my phone pocketed unless I really need it. It's important to simply be a human an observe your surroundings.

As I'm doing this I hope that at least one person who thinks like me will notice and we can make a human connection.

Hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>35150661
>I get along fine without a phone :^)
in the context of your NEET life is like a parasite telling a mammal that he gets along just fine without eyes. Take away the parasite from its host and it will change its tune or die.
>>
File: 1486870861929.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1486870861929.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
>>35150731
>tfw you do this and also try to make eye contact and smile at people passing by
>tfw nobody ever smiles back
>>
File: 1487509424699.jpg (5KB, 370x334px) Image search: [Google]
1487509424699.jpg
5KB, 370x334px
>>35147848
I'm reading your post on my phone right now, and in a public place no less.
>>
>>35147848
Welcome to the new era.
>>
yes i hate it too. i was hanging out with a friend all he was doing was txting on his phone.
>>
File: 790987654212.jpg (18KB, 350x217px) Image search: [Google]
790987654212.jpg
18KB, 350x217px
>>35150731
I feel you my man.

Come here.
>>
>>35150661
>I don't have a phone and get along fine
>I'm a NEET

Lmao you're a fucking idiot. What would you do if you got a job and needed to be on a business call? I had one recently and the time was after work hours so you would need a personal phone
>>
It's a big problem, it's called "phubbing" and people see it as a social crutch. So yeah 99% of society is pretty "autistic" in this regard. Most people seem to abhor real human contact.
>>
>>35148635
You can tell a woman drew this since it's the man on twitter.
>>
>>35150489
this guy >>35150712 getting a phone just to have it in a drawer, plus they deactivate you phone is you don't use it for 6 months

>>35150661
>>35150632
also don't have a phone because NEET
>>
they are dependent on the machine
>>
>>35149519
this is beta behavior

its the same as looking at your feet like a cuck
>>
>>35149579
>I do this because I want to look busy so that people wont look at me and think im so loner creep with no friends.
people KNOW youre doing that for that exact reason. people arent as dumb as you think
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.