[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peace & Happiness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1451062697013.jpg (72KB, 439x458px) Image search: [Google]
1451062697013.jpg
72KB, 439x458px
Has anyone taken seriously to the pursuit of non-superficial, sustainable happiness? There are ways, it's just we often get too distracted and don't put the effort in.

I have a lot of notepad documents outlining my plan to achieve it, as well as a good number of resources. Will share at request.
>>
happiness is in each moment
>>
>>35147487
So is misery. It's not that simple
>>
>>35147336
post that shit man
>>
I'd love to hear some of your thoughts. I try to think about this sometimes, but don't really have the energy. As far as I can tell the key to happiness seems to be having a strong social circle and relationships. I'm sure there are others but I think it's a big part.
>>
OP here. Just grabbing some dinner, so I'll be back in 30.
>>
File: 1478476927465.jpg (337KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478476927465.jpg
337KB, 1920x1200px
This is my 'life goals' notepad document:

>get good at piano
>have a workshop in which to do woodwork
>Herb/fruit garden
>Hike the Appalachian trail in one go
>retire at 38 most likely to another country
>get LASIK
>own a cottage like pic related
>>
>>35147336

post it

originale
>>
File: goodthoughts.jpg (186KB, 739x531px) Image search: [Google]
goodthoughts.jpg
186KB, 739x531px
OP in the house

>>35147582
>>35147617
>>35147721
Peace/happiness:
- Buddhism/Taoism
- Mindfulness/Meditation
- EFT
- Journaling

Serving/community(*):
- Mental health assistant

Creativity:
- Music production
- Web design

* serving others is something essential which I will also get onto in another post. I can recommend a few life-changing books, also.

>>35147669
Great to have goals, especially creative ones. Growing your own food is a good one too, and hiking in nature - something good for the mind - is something I would like to do in the near future.
>>
>>35148390
Using an OP tag now.

Another I should've added to peace/happiness is living in the moment/being present, which falls under mindfulness, but in a way I guess it's also its own thing. From what I've learned, having a gratitude journal and/or literally counting (and being grateful for) your blessings on a daily basis makes life more rich and meaningful.

Creativity is essential because that is basically our nature, to create. If you're lazy and have no ambitions/hobbies/goals, you're going to end up depressed and hate life.

I have an inspirational folder of general/happiness/love/motivational/opportunity/other folders of images I've started to look at daily to plant some positive and inspiring seeds. Got some nice quotes saved in text files I can also share.
>>
>>35147336
>You will never have best friend who is like you in every aspect and you won't be standing together in suits watching night skyline.

Why live?
>>
>>35148512
Could you explain to me what mindfulness is?

I work in a bookstore and everything in the self-help section is "mindfulness x" or "the mindful way to y". Is it just some new age philosophy for women, or is it a legitimate thing?
>>
>>35148733
It's a very practical tool that's thousands of years old. Essentially it's mentally taking a step back from your thoughts that bind you to stress, fear and anxiety, and seeing things more clearly, peacefully, slowly. Flowing with the natural rhythms of life again.
>>
>>35148922
I could get into something like that. I've been trying to be more relaxed in my day to day life but I've never had a clearly outlined philosophy to follow.
>>
>>35147336
let's see the documents please
>>
File: 1.png (74KB, 627x694px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
74KB, 627x694px
>>35149391
Some quotes to start with
>>
File: 2.png (161KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
161KB, 1920x1040px
>>35149391
Notes from the Conversations with God books (1/2)
>>
File: 3.png (176KB, 1920x1527px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
176KB, 1920x1527px
>>35149391
More notes from the same books.

Main stuff to follow though is here:
>>35148390
>>
thanks OP (wouldn't let me say just that)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.