[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it take to get used to eating less?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1485131375154.png (224KB, 512x365px) Image search: [Google]
1485131375154.png
224KB, 512x365px
How long does it take to get used to eating less?
>>
You should eat small healthy snacks every couple of hours instead of full meals. Like popcorn, or yogurt with fruit and oats. And drink a lot of water. You won't be satisfied but you will feel full.
>>
>>35144079
Completely wrong, at least in my case.
I lost my chub when I gave up on 'snacking' and instead started to have 2 large meals per day and nothing else. Snacks do not help you to feel full, if anything you start craving more.
>>
>>35144063
Took me a week to get used to. When I'm craving for more I'll just have a water with ice, it numbs the craving. Have tried snacking every couple of hour, but it just made me crave for more.
>>
>>35144139
It's widely accepted that small HEALTHY snacks when paired with exercise will get rid of this feeling. You either did not control your portions or didn't exercise because you shouldn't ever feel hungry.
>>
>>35144139
Everyone is different. I just lost 36 lbs in 40 days by simply going gluten free, and eat 3 small meals, with 2 snacks between them. Also I ride my bike about 7 miles 2 or 3 times a week.
The reason snacking makes you hungrier is probably because snackingredients throughout the day increases your metabolism.
To answer your question though... you don't really get used to it. It's hard. Losing weight honestly is the easy part. Keeping it ogf is the real battle.
>>
>>35144063
Think of your hunger as the feeling of your fat reducing, the feeling of success, and learn to savor it.
>>
>>35144063
Unironically, drugs help this immensely, so long as you take EXTREME caution and care to ensure you don't wind up walking away with a worse addiction.

>Captcha: lose walk
>>
>>35144214
This all the way. No pain, no gain. Or loss in this case i guess. Drink cold water to numb the hunger. Also, drinking cold water makes your body work to make the water match it's temperature, so you burn more calories that way too.
>>
>>35144193
>>35144212
The only problem with the shorter breaks between food is that bacteria and sugars in food damage the enamel on your teeth and it repairs itself when you're not eating. So if you are snacking a lot (even if it's healthy) make sure you use a fluoride toothpaste and leave a far amount of time between brushing and eating.
>>
>>35144554
Yea, 30 mins before or after eating or drinking, especially coffee.
>>
hmm, tough question

6 months of eating 1000kcal a day and my stomach hurts when I eat more than around 1800kcal

saying that, I've eaten less for longer and rebounded very very quickly into 3000+kcal a day

Don't pay it too much mind really. If you're hungry, and your calories allow it, then eat something.
It's better to do that every day than to starve for a week and then binge.
>>
Myfitnesspal.
Stop drinking soda.
>>
>>35144063
probably a week.
drink more water
>>
SALADS
A
L
A
D
S

You can eat kilograms of that shit while consuming practically no calories, fiber also makes you feel full
>>
>>35144212
I dunno, I don't really get hungry a right lot but I'm still fat. Junk food and alcohol, see.
>>
>>35144063
months, if you keep sipping water you wont feel hunger
>>
>>35145698
Count calories. You can eat all the fucking trash you want as long as you just do that.
>>
>>35144063
Drink water instead of eating so your stomach gets full and the acid gets diluted so it won't eat your stomach as effectively.
>>
>>35145742
Yeah, bought a Fitbit. Would strongly endorse for anyone trying to count calories. You put in your height and weight and it works out your maintenance calories. Then you set a target to enter a deficit or increase for building up. A good thing about it is that it moves the amount you need to eat in real time along with exercise. In other words, if you do fuck all you might be stuck with 800 calories all day. Go for a long walk or work out though, and it can be three times that. I've been running a deficit of 7000-9000 per week so far. Hasn't been too difficult. Time constraints on cooking are the biggest barriers.
>>
Giving up the carbonated jew is the worst

I really want to stop drinking it, but sometimes I just crave the sweetness and carbonation
>>
>>35145859
Just do it faggot, shit's gonna kill you. I believe in you.
>>35145816
800 is real low. I was 135 kg and with no exercise and a normal weight loss tempo it calculated 1680 daily. Followed that and in three months I lost 15kg.
>>
>>35145938
Mileage varies based on how fat you are to begin with of course, but nevertheless I think any robot can manage a walk to the shops and back. Just being out of the house makes a definite difference. That said, 800 days suck shit which has not knock on effect of making me do something so I can eat reasonably.
>>
you don't, that's why the 5:2 diet is the best

for two days you eat 600 calories per day and the rest of the week you eat what you want

I already lost 4 kg in two months with it
>>
>>35145859
Get some of the carbonated, favored, 0 calorie water that's getting popular, anon. Yeah, those sweeteners aren't super great for you, but they're waaaayyyy better than consuming /that/ much sugar.
>>
>>35146314
Could just drink unsweetened green tea.
>>
I think r9k gives some of the consistently worst weight loss advice I have ever seen.
>>
>>35144063
God I hate that faggot hamster.
>>
Go low-carb. It's faster than restricting calories and the extra protein keeps you feeling full.
>>
Former fatty here. I never got used to eating less, the easiest way I found to endure it is just to eat everything for a day in one meal and then just give a simple nope to any kind of food no matter what.

Since losing weight, I've ramped up my food intake but I've also been exercising a lot. I think as a fatty I'm probably going to be broken forever with regards to hunger/appetite.
>>
>>35144063

OP try IF.

Have a 8 hour window of eating and nothing outside that.

Trust me I never snack now. I even exercise.

Eating a lot is really bad for you.
>>
Quit soda and sugar entirely.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.