[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Alternate Foods and Diet General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Whiskas.jpg (214KB, 869x1119px)
Whiskas.jpg
214KB, 869x1119px
Anyone else here like to eat cat food? I started when I was a child, and have been addicted to it ever since.

It's great because you get so much in a bag--compared to buying any other snack food, whether it's chips or especially nuts, the total amount of potential snacks you get from a full bag (deducting whatever the cat might eat if you have one) makes the price way more efficient. When I don't have much in the house on my budget, I just fold up my shirt into a little holder and fill it up with cat food, and then munch on it while browsing 4chan and watching anime. It doesn't mix that well with other foods, but I have had some success baking cat food into oatmeal cookies--though my mom refused to eat them.

Personally, I prefer dry food kibbles, but I have tried wet food, those little snack-pouches, and even dog food. I despise dog food, don't mind the snack pouches, but find it difficult to eat the wet stuff, even though my cats will refuse to eat their kibbles in favour of it. At best, I've enjoyed those bacon-strips for dogs, but even those aren't worth it in large quantities.

If you've never tried it, especially if you have a cat yourself, I really recommend it. I mainly buy Whiskas, though it can be expensive (picture only related by brand, it's not the same type). The flavour is a mix of extremely strong sour-dough bread with the aftertaste of red wines. Often they have a fun texture as well, since they have a thin coating of dust kind of like a dorito, and serious crunch. But, if you suck on them, they slowly melt in your mouth, and can eventually be sucked on in a huge mold, kind of like what your cat would barf up. Often I take the ball of chewed cat food out of my mouth, and then set it on my desk, and pull pieces off so I can eat it over again.

tl;dr: anyone else have experiences with pet food, or have recommendations for alternative food if you're a poorfag? I posted this on /ck/, but I thought robots may be able to relate as well.
>>
>>35138220
>anyone else here like to eat cat food?
nigger what the fuck
>>
File: img.jpg (310KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
310KB, 1080x1920px
>>35138220
Not going to lie I try my cats food sometimes to try to get an inkling into his tastes and palate. I haven't tried it enough times to grow a taste for it but I do know what he likes. I've brought it up with some colleagues before and they thought it was incredibly weird, I'm glad someone else has done it before. Looking at the nutritional value shows its mostly protein, good macros really. Pic related is my cat
>>
>>35138372
Never understood why normies hate pet food so much. I think they just arbitrarily believe that it is dangerous to your health or something, or treat animals like second-class citizens and thus their food is "not suitable for human lips."
>>
>>35138493
The way I see it with my cat is I would never feed him something I wouldn't eat myself. Their food isn't too bad desu, just a little too salty for me. My cat loves salty foods so I suppose it makes sense his food is salty
>>
>>35138493
Because animal food has less regulations. A cat lives maybe 10 years so it doesnt' matter how many carcinoregen and preservatives they put in there. And i would think it tastes like crap. It is designed for animals who have a different digestive system in the first place. You should really just learn to cook
>>
>>35138220
Isn't it mostly ash and wheat?
>>
Ah, another quality post on /b9k/
>>
I got a bunch of free shit from other kids at school for eating dog treats and like 2-3 pieces of cat or dog food. I was also like 7 years old.
>>
>>35138220
I eat it for a shiny coat. Sadly my coat stays dry and dusty, but my hair looks great!
>>
>>35138790

cats can't taste sweetness which is why they rarely give a shit about human food unlike dogs.
>>
>>35138220
cat food tends to taste really bland, often of cheese, salt and grain. Most are made from left over grain and husk. Buy grain free cat food that contains actual meat. That stuff actually has flavour
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.