[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play this relic for the first time in years, updated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1ziv9.png (28KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1ziv9.png
28KB, 854x480px
About to play this relic for the first time in years, updated and everything. Is it even still recognizable to how it used to be?
>>
Download FTB launcher, use a 1.7.10 modpack.
>>
>>35136811
thanks anon

dd hnenfe
>>
Yes and no.

yes, there's still creepers and dirt blocks

But depending on when you quit, there's probably a shitton of things added.
>>
>>35136881
Would you say most of the new stuff is detrimental to what made the game so popular in the first place? Or is it genuinely good updates?

I kinda lost interest when they added the Ether and that dragon and all that shit. Food bar was also a horrible addition.
>>
>>35136930
Most of the stuff they've add is more like just useless filler. They've done a bit more in terms of having more varied blocks for design purposes, but otherwise there's now shit like hanggliders and armor stands.
>>
>>35136930
There's just more junk to make, like the other guy said. More enemies and animals as well, and more biomes. So if you just want a really isolated experience a beta version would be best. But to get a more colorful, busy game go with current version. Recent game has a lot of fish you can fish for. That shit is relaxing
>>
File: 2017-02-19_17.16.32.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-19_17.16.32.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
The update which they made the updates to the terrain totally killed it for me. It doesn't feel like minecraft anymore... I used to love this game. Now you can fucking fly in survival mode with elytra, make fucking modded arrows, armor stands, etc. It's complete and utter shit in my opinion. The community has devolved into 10 year olds. The PvP scene is dead. Hardcore Factions is really the only thing left desu. Pic related is something I built. I'm currently working on an old-school redstone calculator.
>>
>>35137166
It's always been 10 year olds, you autist.

If you don't like the shit they added... just don't craft them.
>>
>>35137166
>Now you can fucking fly in survival mode with elytra
lol what the fuck
>>
>>35137166
What hardcore faction servers do you play on?
>>
>>35137166
sorry for not symmetrical, it bothers me so much desu
>>
>>35137166
You could just... Not use the things you dislike
>>
The last time it was good was beta 1.7.
>>
>>35137204
I haven't played multiplayer in a while except with friends. Yesterday I had a LAN with 5 of my buddies 3v3 battledome kek
>>
are there any chill r9k survival servers?
>>
>>35137224
>>35137184
time to go back to plebbit.
>>
>>35137224
please go back to plebbit.
>>
>>35136985
>Most of the stuff they've add is more like just useless filler.

this

>>35137184
>It's always been 10 year olds

Exactly. The game can be played by anyone, but it's like playing with legos. Unless you are a kid, it's gets boring pretty quick. Hence why the devs add "useless filler" that can only be appreciated by someone with the mental faculties of a ten year old.

People act like minecraft has been "ruined", when in reality they probably wouldn't be playing it even if all the useless filler hadn't been added. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure you can still go back and play the old versions if you want to.

I think it's commendable that the devs figured out a way to extend the lifetime of an otherwise short shelf life game.
>>
>>35136597
Literally the same game it's always been. Get a tech/questbook modpack if you really want to satisfy your autism
>>
>reskin yourself so you look like carl from jimmy neutron
>go find some lamas
>make a huge herd of lamas
>jewtube
>profit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.